Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Great Workouts! ~Also share your own routines and success~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Need to workout?
  definitely..
  No thanks.. (Lazy)
View Results

Faith Heights

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:55 pm
Push-Ups!

Push-up's do wonders for the human body. Why buy expensive weights when you already got a heavy weight, Your Body! here's the perfect push-up routine.

Find out the max number of push-ups you can do without stopping, and in good form. Once you've recorded your max, The chart will tell you how many Regular, Wide, and close Push-ups to do.

*If you cant do normal push-ups, use your knee's as a fulcrum instead of your feet. If you still cant, you need therapy.

Each type of pushup has 4 reps you have to complete, for example. 8,6,4,2 means you have to do 8 pushups, pause for a break of about 10-20 seconds then do 6, pause, and so on. Record your max and continue to the chart below.

Max | you have to do all those reps for each type of pushup.
regular, wide, and close!

0-7 | 4,3,2,1 *knees*
8-18 | 8,6,4,2
19-28 | 14,10,6
29-37 | 20,12,8
38-47 | 26, 14, 10
48+ | 30,16,12

For more instructions, ask me, or purchase a pair of Perfect push-up's.
>They Really Work<

If these really become easy, start doing clap push-ups. but your all to soft to do that anyway so why did i put this here...?

P.S. I retrieved some of this information from the perfect pushup workout guide, and added some of my own stuff in. so its fairly legitimate! works for me.
DRINK WATER! GATORADE IS PACKED WITH CALORIES, WATER HAS NONE AND ITS LIFE-BLOOD!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:10 am
Running!
Become Slim Quick!

Running is a extreme fat burner. yes i said it, running. A lot of people never even think about it, or even try it. Some people say they cant handle it. but it does wonders. Its painful for everybody, and determination is the key to do it.

The Mile
Run a mile 2-3 times every 7 days(week) and record your time. Find a local track you can do it at and make sure you know how many laps make a mile. Run it as fast as you can and try not to stop, record your time. You'll probably barf if you actually tried. thats how you know your taking it seriously. Your time should steadily increase, by about 10+ seconds every new mile. Sometimes even a minute.

A Daily Thing
Go outside with an Ipod and go run around the block or wherever you want to. Make running a chore. You will see that extra baggage fall off like it wasnt there. If you think running is too boring, find a friend or family member to run with, and dont forget the Ipod method(my personal favorite). Soon you will become used to it, and you'll leave people gasping in the dust. Its makes you faster, it makes you breathe better, it improves your hearts strength, it increases your endurance, it increases your speed, its JUST GOOD FOR YOU! SO DO IT COUCH POTATO! im loggin off right now to do it!

Faith Heights

Faith Heights

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:12 am
Spartan Ab Workout!
Excellent Abdomen Exercise

Crunches and Sit-Up's are two different things, Remember this!

1. lay on your back and lift your legs 6 inches of the ground, you will feel a burn after holding it in your abdomen and near your butt and thighs.
Hold it as LONG AS YOU CAN! WUSSY!. After you've held them as long as you can, create a right angle with your legs. Example.

/_0 <-- thats the regular position. but i want you to keep this part / Straight and off the ground.

2. Do as many crunches as you can do

*Crunches use your abs to bend you towards your legs, Sit-Ups take the whole shaft of your body and move it, which means your back is off the ground.*

3. Now pull your legs In and out, heres a dumb example lol. >_0 (in, legs v shaped)
__0 (out, legs straight and suspended in air)

Do as many ask you can do or this workout is worthless.

Repeat this 3-4 times everyday for 3 times a week, increase amount as you progress.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:13 am
Dropping The Coins! (Shoulder and Arm workout)

1. Raise your arms and make them straight and parallel with your shoulders. Hold it their for 15 secs.

2. Do an overhead clap, Do as many as you can intill you feel an agonising pain. after each clap, bring your arms back down to the parallel position.

3. Hold your arms parallel for 15 secs again.

4. Spin your arms in little circles clockwise for 20 secs, Then Counter Clockwise for 20 secs.

5. Spin your arms in Big circles clockwise for 20 secs, then counter clockwise.

6. Rub your fingers together in the parallel position like your dropping coins for 20 secs.

7. You've finished the workout! blaugh

Faith Heights

Faith Heights

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:14 am
Pull Up's Routine!
Awesome Bi-cep exercise

**You'll need an overhead bar for this workout, if you dont have one try and make one but make sure its stable!

Do as many pull-ups as you can accomplish 5-6 times a day, on every other day. for example, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. and repeat.
Do underhanded pullups one week and overhand the next, or you can do it every other day and switch constantly. but i dont suggest this.

Hand positioning
Place your hands shoulder width apart, or if thats absoulutely uncomfortable for you, make your own.
You can do underhand or overhand, they work different muscles and overhand is generally harder.

**If you cant complete a single pull up, then do a arm hang istead. Jump onto the bar with your chin over the top of the bar, hold yourself their as long as you can, and do the same exact routines but by hanging instead. when you can finally accomplish Pull ups start doing them even if you can only accomplish 1 or 2.

Overhand Pullups: overhand Pullups are harder, and thus you do less of them as you can do underhand. Overhand works more muscles but it doesnt work the biceps as good as underhand.

Underhand pullups: Easier to do and work your biceps really well, great for strengthening the arms.

Doing Both Underhand and Overhand pull ups chisles your arms like crazy, increases the size of your muscles on all parts of the arms (not all.. do push-ups to complete the "all" part as well as these).  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:16 am
Butterfly Kicks! (Stomach and Leg Workout)
~Coming Soon!~

Faith Heights

Faith Heights

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 am
Caterpillar! (Total Body Mini-Workout)
~Coming Soon!~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:29 am
Dolphin (Advanced Push-Up's)
~Coming Soon!~

Faith Heights

Faith Heights

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:31 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:29 pm
can I throw in a workout. You pick up the remote with your arm straight out. and you change the channel until your arm falls off. but this only works if your standing. ^^  

fire wolf1234

Illefyia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:19 pm
Thank you for the info on those workouts! As you may know, I'm in definite need of getting in shape/losing weight and these workouts may just be the things I need to achieve my goal...so thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:27 am
Hmm sounds pretty good. I go to the gym 6 nights a week and do the treadmill for 10 to 20 minutes every morning. Starting tomorrow, I'm adding a core workout to the mornings. I also follow the Body for Life system. I drink protein shakes containing protein powder and glutamine mixed with water before and after my evening workouts and supplement with creatine, argenine, and branch chain amino acids, as well as fish oil, flax seed oil, calcium, glucosamine, and a daily multivitamin. So far, since January 1st, I have lost 30 lbs of fat. Fat. That doesn't include all the muscle I've gained. I've lost at least 2-3 sizes and have elimated many of my health problems- heartburn, breathing problems, joint pain (except my hip, but that's most likely genetic)- and just feel so much better about myself in general.  

Deppfan

Ryoukai

6,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:04 pm
Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a good BEGINNER'S core workout..like abs, back, and sides..to help with my singing :3 I've been to the gym once in about 4 years, so..I need something I can do easily at home. I've looked up home workouts but a lot require something extra (medicine ball, a board you can prop up, etc) and are for people who are already in shape. The ab workout you posted is good - anything for back & sides as well as posture muscles?

Thanks smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:18 am
This summer I am watching kids so every morning I do a work out video because it is a great way to wake your body up and thenI have my breakfast, whatever it may be. Once the kids arrive I take them to walk the dogs, watch kids all day. At night I take dogs for an evening jog and then 50 crutches before bed. THis is working pretty well for me.  

Your Random Lover

R0ssby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:48 pm
This is actually pretty excellent. Most of it's quick to do so it reduces your workout time by a fair bit.
I already tried the spartan ab workout and that was pretty intensive. I like it 'cause it's got a little bit of everything. I got distracted watching t.v while I was lying down doing it though, lol.
I'm gonna try the 'dropping coins' thingy tomorrow.. I can see that being pretty brutal.
Running's a given for me anyways, I'm just horrible at it. I can jog for about four minutes tops 'n then I'm unbelievably out of breath.
Does anyone have any running tips for me? I could definintly use 'em... like if there's any particular way I should try breathing?

EDIT: I've officially tried the dropping coins. Oh my goodness. I got to step three and I had to drop my arms for a few seconds. It's actually brutal.

"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff