So, the National and Sinnoh Dex....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:12 pm
about how far should I be along on the Sinnoh Dex by the X gym?

I've got a Pokedex of 64 and have just left Hearthome City about five minutes ago.

Oh, the only Pokemon worth mentioning that I have, would be the Alakazam, Crobat, Machamp, and Golem. (there are some other pokemon that could be mentioned, but nothing really that would be impressive for my location, at least, I don't think so at least.)

Mostly I'm just wondering about how far I should be in collecting each pokemon (owning, not seeing) during various points of the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:28 pm
For D/P, seeing is all that matters until you are upgraded to the national dex. Then you can concentrate on catching them.

If there are specific Pokemon you are wanting to acquire, then go after catching to round out your team.. Or ask to trade someone. smile  

jess_squared

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:43 pm
NO, none in particular, I just want to own all of the Sinnoh Pokemon before really tackling the National Dex, makes things easier.
(I waste a lot of money on pokeballs, It's all good though.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:16 am
For me, I don't try and wipe out the Pokedex as I'm journeying. What I do normally is clear my Pokemon games with one or two Pokemon. So at the end I'll have their evolved forms, and randomly I'll catch more Pokemon to be my HM users (I never teach my main battlers HMs except for Surf). I do all of my catching after the Elite Four is done with. The big problem is while you're actively playing through the story line and trying to keep your Dex up- to- date, you're spending time, money, and experience on Pokemon you probably will never use after this. So I focus all my efforts on my 1-3 main battlers so they'll be in shape to wipe out the Elite Four. An average Pokedex for me by the time I'm at the Elite Four is owning 10- 15 Pokemon. xd  

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000

jess_squared

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:07 am
I've actually found it easier to worry about the National Dex as a whole, instead of filling out the Sinnoh Dex first and then bumping up to National. In the end, all the numbers change around anyway..

That's just me, though. I have different ideas on how things should be organized and laid out than most people do. razz

I'm more than willing to trade if you want help filling your Dex out. I've Diamond, but do have several of the Pearl-only Pokemon, Palkia included, thanks to a friend who played through and then decided to reset his game for some unknown reason.

(Though, for a legendary I cannot breed and create more of.. I'd need some sort of collateral before I'd be willing to temporarily trade for the Pokemon to register in your Dex as caught, and then have you trade me back...)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 am
Little_Neco-chan
For me, I don't try and wipe out the Pokedex as I'm journeying. What I do normally is clear my Pokemon games with one or two Pokemon. So at the end I'll have their evolved forms, and randomly I'll catch more Pokemon to be my HM users (I never teach my main battlers HMs except for Surf). I do all of my catching after the Elite Four is done with. The big problem is while you're actively playing through the story line and trying to keep your Dex up- to- date, you're spending time, money, and experience on Pokemon you probably will never use after this. So I focus all my efforts on my 1-3 main battlers so they'll be in shape to wipe out the Elite Four. An average Pokedex for me by the time I'm at the Elite Four is owning 10- 15 Pokemon. xd
Well, My Sinnoh dex is already at about 75 and Ive still got to catch a Murcrow, evolve about 14 stages in my box, and leave Solaceon Town.

The big thing for pokemon for me isn't defeating the elite four, seeing everypokemon, havign at one time owned every pokemon, it's having access to using any pokemon (at it's highest stage) at any given time that I want. (excluding shiny but including all 28 Unown)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:01 am
jess_squared
I've actually found it easier to worry about the National Dex as a whole, instead of filling out the Sinnoh Dex first and then bumping up to National. In the end, all the numbers change around anyway..

That's just me, though. I have different ideas on how things should be organized and laid out than most people do. razz

I'm more than willing to trade if you want help filling your Dex out. I've Diamond, but do have several of the Pearl-only Pokemon, Palkia included, thanks to a friend who played through and then decided to reset his game for some unknown reason.

(Though, for a legendary I cannot breed and create more of.. I'd need some sort of collateral before I'd be willing to temporarily trade for the Pokemon to register in your Dex as caught, and then have you trade me back...)
I'm sort of working on the national dex as a whole, but I'm starting with a mere 150 (or so) pokemon (the sinnoh ones) to make thigns look feasable. Since, I'd already have over half my sinnoh Dex filled already (I just caught Unonw and my Gastly jsut evolved, I'm at 76 out of 150)

Trading is key, but I don't want a temporary pokemon to fill my dex, I plan on getting all of the pokemon eventually in my boxs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:45 am
Nadian has one of those strategy guides and he's gone and marked the location of every trainer he has to fight in order to obtain the National Dex.

He's also marked down the location of every buried item too.  

Jshin

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:54 pm
Jshin
Nadian has one of those strategy guides and he's gone and marked the location of every trainer he has to fight in order to obtain the National Dex.

He's also marked down the location of every buried item too.
Just seeing the pokemon isn't enough for me. I want the info filled, not just that i've seen the pokemon.
And I don't need to kno where all of the buried items are, that's like extra cheese on a cheese pizza, delicious, but unnecessary.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games