Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Weird Questions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rabies
  Are bad for your skin
View Results

Rester.R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:54 pm
Some very weird, or just unanswerable questions.

1. Does toilet water evaporate?
2. Will the apocalypse happen?
3. Does the water in you're water bottle evaporate?
4. Do snakes have legs?
5. Are eels fish?
6. Does the Loch Ness monster actually exist?
7. Are there aliens?
8. Can bees think?
9. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
10. Is there really a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
11. Do you dream when unconsious?
12. Does light exist inside a drawer, or does it just flow in when you open it?
13. Does magic exist?
14. Is it possible for a human to filter feed?
15. If you jump into nuclear waste do you actually get superpowers or do you just die?
16. Can you travel back in time?
17. Why do girls paint their toenails when they're just going to wear shoes?
18. Why are there boys and girls?
19. If you were small enough, could you walk on water?
20. Did the Big Bang happen, or did God create us?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:00 pm
those questions are answerable  

Iconised Ghost

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:20 pm
stare This is spam. Please take it to the SPAMALOT forum 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:02 pm
Is this really spam? Cus I think I'd actually like to answer/discuss some of this. Seems legit to me.  

YukaSilkenFur

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:22 pm
It all depends on interpretation of the questions. So long as there are willing people, this topic could be a rather good one for discussion, but it does need to actually attract the right people.

If you want to answer them, Yuka, go right ahead. Maybe you can be the first one to show that this thread isn't as spammy as first seen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:14 pm
@ Kitsu: ok, will do, hopefully I don't make it worse though ^^;

I'd say so, I think all water evaporates given the right temperature...but when one gets thinking about that...what might evaporate with it and make its way in the air...to be breathed into our lungs and exist against our skin with the rest of the atmosphere. ^^; It's actually kind of disturbing when ya think of it.

Some people see the apocalypse as the end of all life on earth. I think this is perfectly legit. There are meteors large enough that if they hit this planet, it's gone, and there is always the possibility of other disasters. Then there is the view that it is the end of human life. This is definitely possible. Every species has the possibility of becoming extinct, and I personally believe the human species even has the possibility of causing the condition for themselves. My theory is that the apocalypse is really just, as some people say, "the end of life as we know it." This doesn't necessarily means everything dies, just a great change. No matter the theory, though, I believe at least one will happen. As for it being the way the Bible predicts, who can say?

Yes, I've left my water bottle in the sun long enough...though it tends to just evaporate and condense again for the most part...but if you leave it long enough sometimes the amount of water decreases...I think this is just faulty bottling.

4. Do snakes have legs?
They did, and last I heard, some, if not all, retain stubs--the mails use the stubs to prod the female into place during mating.

5. Are eels fish?
This one I really don't know; we didn't go over eels in Zoology. ^^;

Quite possibly. If not, I'm sure it or something like it existed at one point. But I'm all for the possibility, since I doubt we've actually discovered all of the species on Earth.

7. Are there aliens?
I believe there are. The idea that there cannot possibly be, at least in our solar systems, comes from our insistence that the conditions on these planets cannot possibly support life. We say this because we are used to living beings needing a general set of circumstances to survive. I don't agree with this. Species adapt to live in all kinds of circumstances. I believe this could happen/could have happened on other planets as well. It just may be that we have been unable to detect them.

8. Can bees think?
I think everything can think to some level, even plants. Just look at vines, they seem to know just how to grow to gain the right hold and further their conquest. ^^ *vine lover* Bees may generally think as a hive, but they still think.

As much as he wished to I suppose? ^^; I've always hated that thing...

Not unless the rainbow goes underground to some hidden deposit. I make them in my yard all the time.

Depends on the degree of damage to the brain to cause the unconsciousness, as well as the rest of the body. If the brain is too busy healing itself or the rest of the body, there will be little, if not dream activity, even to "make sense" of the situation.

Light exists only where it can reach, so until you open the drawer it does not exist unless you turn on a flashlight and stick it in the drawer before closing it.

13. Does magic exist?
I believe so, just not in the way people portray it. I believe some magic can be compared to praying, if you look at it from the religious point of view.

Depends on what you mean by that...the question puts me in mind some sort of Saw contraption...

15. If you jump into nuclear waste do you actually get superpowers or do you just die?
Die very painfully...even if somewhat enhanced.

I suppose there may possibly be a loop somewhere that one could take to go back...but I don't thing that time itself truly exists once the moment is over.

Pride, boredom, love of design and/or color, and if you live in hot places like Florida because all of your shoes are open-toed and ridiculously impractical.

Life would be boring with just one gender...and come on...humans look odd enough compared to other things...who really wants to watch them bud off of each other like some creepy science fiction movie. Oh, that and slot A peg B activities keep our mind off of just how miserable we are...that and they're just plain fun.

I don't think size matters, you'd still have to be constructed a certain way...but I could be wrong.

Who says both didn't happen? Maybe the Big Bang created Gods, who in turn created us? Maybe they didn't create us at all? But something else? Maybe they created the Big Bang, which created us?

Ok, I'm done for now. ^^ I wonder if anyone else will say anything. I hope so, I'm bored. ^^  

YukaSilkenFur

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:05 pm
Fortunately, divine, godlike beings such as myself are able to answer these questions, despite that they trouble mere mortals.

1. Yes
2. Yes, though we may be long gone by then.
3. Yes, it reaches equilibrium as a closed system, where a certain number of particles evaporate. But an equal number of particles always condense, so it's never completely water vapor.
4. No.
5. Yes, actually.
6. Yes, though it may only exist as a cloud of potential possibilities spawned by observation, lacking a physical form as it is suspended between quantum superstates.
7. Yes.
8. Yes.
9. As much as it wanted to. About 5.5.05 microgallons.
10. Only if the rainbow happens to end at a pot of gold. Pots of gold exist, rainbows exist, do the math yourself.
11. Depends on exactly how unconscious you are.
12. The latter.
13. Yes.
14. It's insubstantial at best.
15. Neither. You suffer radiation damage to your cells, which has few immediate affects but can eventually cause death.
16. Absolute time does not exist. Do not ask questions about things that do not exist. They are answerable, but only hypothetically. Relative time, which you believe exists simply due to your brains notion of ordering observations, can easily be transversed.
17. Girl shoes are called flip-flops, you can see your toes through them.
18. Genetics.
19. No. Human feet are not designed to displace a great enough volume of water. A better question would be "if your feet were big enough".
20. God created a world in which the big bang had previously happened, though it never actually happened as it was created as an event outside of linear time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:10 pm
Exmucane

19. No. Human feet are not designed to displace a great enough volume of water. A better question would be "if your feet were big enough".

Maybe jesus was a hobit ninja  

Iconised Ghost

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:13 pm
Iconised Ghost
Exmucane

Nah, Jesus made the water more dense.

ITT EXMU ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 pm
Exmucane
Iconised Ghost
Exmucane

Nah, Jesus made the water more dense.

ITT EXMU ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS.

I LIKE THE HOBBIT IDEA BETTER

Its cuter than dense water  

Iconised Ghost

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:24 am
yes,but urine and other things stays in there as micro organisms dosenot evaporate.
Maybe,but if it will,Free popcorn for all
yes,coz its closed,so it would evaporate in the bottel it self
4. Do snakes have legs?
no
5. Are eels fish?
maybe
Fairy tales
7. Are there aliens?
Imagination causes phobia
8. Can bees think?
ofcourse,why are they classified as living organisms then?
I am not Isacc Newton
that if you caught a leprechaun
maybe
try to get yourself in a drawer and see by your self
13. Does magic exist?
Only if you are a mindfreak
maybe ((if you told meh what is the meaning of filter feed))
you watch T.V too much man...technically,you will die
only if you have a time machine
maybe they like to feel sexy or they will wear a sandal!
Read the Bio topic "human reproduction" in your Bio Text book
if micro organisms do not walk on water or technically flow up on it,how do you suppose you can do it???
Both!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:49 pm
the woodshuck question is difficult to question answer. The amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the individual woodchuck. According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. Thomas reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equal to 700 pounds.

Some say it depends on three factors:

* The woodchuck's desire to chuck said wood.

* The woodchuck's need to chuck the aforementioned wood.

* The woodchuck's ability to chuck the wood.

Others say:

* He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

* If he could chuck wood, the woodchuck would chuck as much as he could!

* A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

* A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that the woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

* If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would and should chuck wood. But if woodchucks can't chuck wood, they shouldn't and wouldn't chuck wood. Though were I a woodchuck, and I chucked wood, I would chuck wood with the best woodchucks that chucked wood.

* If a woodchuck could chuck wood, then s/he'd chuck all the wood, s/he'd chuck and chuck and chuck and chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

* It would chuck the amount of wood that she sells seashells on the seashore divided by how many pickles Peter Piper picks.

* One quarter of a sycamore if you give him a quarter for every quarter of the sycamore he cut.

* It might depend on how many female woodchucks were present. Or, it could depend on whether the woodchuck's mother-in-law was around or not. If she was, he'd be chucking all day. If not, he'd be watching the football game.

* Some maintain that woodchucks could not and would not chuck wood at all.

* It depends on how good his dentures are!

* A woodchuck, would chuck, as much wood, as a woodchuck, could chuck, If a woodchuck could chuck wood. But unfortunately, woodchucks do not chuck wood.

* About 5.72 fluid litres of wood

* About as many boards as the Mongol hoards would hoard if the Mongol hordes did hoard boards.

* Um....... 23????

* Tons. More than you can count. Honestly. No one can chuck more would than a woodchuck.

* If the woodchucks name was Maurice, then it could chuck all the wood that it wants to. However, if its name is Frank, no chucking would be for it.

Due to the average size of a wood chuck and the general density of wood (not including cork) if a wood chuck could chuck wood it would probably get through about 6.573 pounds per day, assuming the wood chuck is functioning correctly.  

Darthspanky

Umi_Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14 am
definatly possible
It will when god decides it will
Yep, but it take awhile
4. Do snakes have legs?
they used to
5. Are eels fish?
Yes, I believe but they are a complety different type of fish.
I think it does
7. Are there aliens?
oh come on! There's no way that we're alone in this universe!
8. Can bees think?
They can get made can't they!?
Not alot they aren't built for it.
Doubtful, rainbows have to end
when your sleep your unconsious so yes.
It flows in unless there's already a light in the drawer
13. Does magic exist?
I like to think that it does, almost anything is possible
nope, not built for it
That's a definate die, haven't you seen family guy? Mayor west got Hetpititus from that!
One day we will
Because we like to, we want our feet to be pretty even if they are covered!
Because asexuality is not in our profile
If you had a way to dispurse your weight evenly.
both!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:35 am
EggaxSponge
stare This is spam. Please take it to the SPAMALOT forum 3nodding

its not spam. he's attempting to engage people in conversation...

albeit retarded conversation, but there ya go. 3nodding

at least there's a poll in the thread. heart

and i wanna answer them, too!!! xd

1. all water evaporates, regardless of its container.
2. the bible sez that only god knows. not the angels in heaven and not even the son, only god. so i guess its whenever he feels like it.
3. um, yeah. it evaporates and then becomes condensation.
4. they used to and some still do.
5. no, they're eels.
6. sure, why not. chances are it DID once exist since in all myths there is a thread of truth, so perhaps a large dinosaur-like water critter lived there while early humans did. who knows. heart
7. of course there are. to think that mankind is the ONLY form of intelligent life is ridiculous and arrogant.
8. nope, they don't have a brain.
9. a woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood!
10. there is no end to the rainbow. its a full 360 degree circle 40 degrees from the sun. you can see it sometimes from an airplane.
11. you dream only while in rem sleep, so nope.
12. depends on the drawer.
13. depends on your definition of magic.
14. ew, no.
15. you get horrific burns, lose large chunks of skin and tissue, get radiation sickness and THEN you die.
16. actually, yes. if you invented a time machine and turned it on, you would be able to go back in time HOWEVER you would only be able to go back as far as the second you turned on the machine. SO! for example, let's say you turned one on right now, you could come back to this moment any time you wanted to, but you couldn't go back to say, the sunday before. xd
17. because most girls beautify themselves FOR THEMSELVES. believe it or not, its not for anyone else's benefit.
18. because our species reproduces that way.
19. actually, yes. you COULD walk on water if you had crazy big feet that dispersed your weight properly.
20. why can't it be both? 3nodding  

WastelandMama
Crew

Lineriku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:17 pm
@ Spanky........................User Image  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers