Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:59 pm
My sister said I could take anything off of her Pearl game and do what I want with it (like reset it) so I get on the thing... she has over 1,000 Master Balls, and 95 of every TM. I LOVE the TM thing 'cause I'm constantly running out of the good ones, but what am I going to do with 1000 Master Balls? I have all of the one- time Pokemon... I guess I might save 10 or so if I reset the game (so that the Pearl version can catch all of the one- timers) but other than that... it's such a waste to get rid of so many...

Also, here's the real question. My sister has the following Pokemon:
Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

They aren't legit. But should I use them anyway? Or give them away? I do still only wanna have legit legendaries to my name, but what do I do with those guys? (Also, my sister had two Arceus. )  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:58 am
It really depends. If you want a completely legitimate game, then it sounds to me like you should just reset her file without trading anything.
Darkrai, shaymin, and Arceus don't have to be non-legit just because someone here owns them. But if you know she coded them, and you don't want nonlegit, its more a question of your own faith. Are you going to break your own rule to obtain them? Or are you going to keep true to yourself and lose all that she cheated into her game?  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:28 am
wellwisher
It really depends. If you want a completely legitimate game, then it sounds to me like you should just reset her file without trading anything.
Darkrai, shaymin, and Arceus don't have to be non-legit just because someone here owns them. But if you know she coded them, and you don't want nonlegit, its more a question of your own faith. Are you going to break your own rule to obtain them? Or are you going to keep true to yourself and lose all that she cheated into her game?

Even the Master Balls and TMs sound like they were hacked.

So, yeah, it's really a matter of how legit you want your game to be. All three of those pokemon will most likely be easy to see as non-legit, also. (Arceus obviously so, but Darkrai and Shaymin most likely have their english names (or nicknames) and your sister's OT ; easy clues that they're fake.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:46 am
Master Balls and TMs are obviously hacked, but the pokes... They could just be semi-legit instead of all-out hacked. I guess it really depends on your view of things. If you're against AR usage entirely, then you could just toss them all away. If you're okay with some of the stuff or are willing to turn a blind eye, then take some and toss away the rest.

Just remember that if your sister still has the AR, she could EASILY bring all the stuff back, whether or not you delete the file. So no matter what you choose, there's really nothing to lose.  

Shadovvstar

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm
No, my sister doesn't own AR (she borrowed it from SOMEONE...)

As for the Pokemon thing, will anyone take these things from me?
Maybe I'll post in one of the trading posts to draw attention to these guys...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:43 pm
Little_Neco-chan

I on't want anything non-legit (pokemon or items) and the only semi-legit things I'll accept are things that it's not possible to get a legit version at all. (which at this moment in time, due to Japan getting pokemon released more than us, means only generation 5 pokemon.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:08 pm
wellwisher
Little_Neco-chan

I on't want anything non-legit (pokemon or items) and the only semi-legit things I'll accept are things that it's not possible to get a legit version at all. (which at this moment in time, due to Japan getting pokemon released more than us, means only generation 5 pokemon.)

Of the event-only pokemon...

Mew is easy to get thanks to My Pokemon Ranch.

Celebi is tricky to get but since I have a Japanese Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc you have a way to obtain one, eventually, somewhere, somehow. (It takes something over 10 hours to get one, though.)

Jirachi is really easy to get thanks to the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc. smile

Deoxys... this event is the only way I know to get a new one.

Manaphy... well, you can buy a *new* Pokemon Ranger (Pokemon Ranger 2 supposedly also has the option) in order to obtain a Manaphy Egg.

Darkrai... that event has passed.

Shaymin will be available when the 11th movie comes here. 3nodding

Arceus should be distributed at some point in the future.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:14 pm
Nadian
Of the event-only pokemon...

Mew is easy to get thanks to My Pokemon Ranch.

Celebi is tricky to get but since I have a Japanese Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc you have a way to obtain one, eventually, somewhere, somehow. (It takes something over 10 hours to get one, though.)

Jirachi is really easy to get thanks to the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc. smile

Deoxys... this event is the only way I know to get a new one.

Manaphy... well, you can buy a *new* Pokemon Ranger (Pokemon Ranger 2 supposedly also has the option) in order to obtain a Manaphy Egg.

Darkrai... that event has passed.

Shaymin will be available when the 11th movie comes here. 3nodding

Arceus should be distributed at some point in the future.
...OK, so I personally can't go and obtain all of them. in completely legit ways. but i can get trades from people that have legit versions. (Or can wait to get my own legit version for Shayman and arceus.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:51 pm
Let's see...

I have a legit Mew, I have a legit Jirachi (unlimited of them, really.), I will definitely get a legit Deoxys, I do have a legit Manaphy...

so that leaves the rest of them at no. If anyone could help me get a legit Darkrai, I'd love you forever. xp  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games