Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Movies, TV, Music, and more
Wall-E: A Cute Political Statement?!?!?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Wall-E is a Political Statement?
  Most Deffinatly
  No, its just a cute childrens movie
  Don't care. POLL WHORE!
  Haven't seen it.
View Results

Cursed Cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:55 pm
I have to say, Wall-E was the cutest movie I've seen in a looong time. But who else caught on to it being a political statement? The movie was obviously trying to show us whats happening to this world. Its covered in garbage and everyone is getting FAT from all the fast food joints that people abuse. Also its showing us that we rely so much on technology that we don't pay attention to whats surrounding us. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:09 pm
I think that it's both. A cute children's movie, with a subliminal message. Just like all movies. IT'S A CONSPIRACY MAN! But, yeah, it's a subliminial political statement.  

Jagganath

xXxEVILROFLBOX933xXx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:34 am
the movie dealt with a message towards global warming but yeah it was cute  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:55 pm
Yeah I couldn't stop thinking throughout the entire movie how I was being corrupted.

But it entertained my sis, and that's all that matters xd  

Schoonmaker

XxTeh-heart-breakerxX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:49 am
I liked it >< Global warming cought my eye though x3 It was a way to kinda point out global warming, but it didnt show/do anything about it..  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:11 pm
so what if there was sublimial messaging. what if that was the point? most people today are so uneducated about the Earth's state. and all we do is waste our time playing video games and drinking soda while rotting our Earth. How else do you expect people to get the message? boring lectures people don't attend unless they have to? the things presented are serious issues but no one cares cuz they aren't seeing the effects in their life. it's a big goal moving people to take action, much less informing them that something is wrong. I bet the reason it turned out so well was because it was funded by environmental groups and the federal government and stuff. to make it a fun-filled adventure everyone can enjoy while at the same time educating. thats hard you know.
Night at the Museum anybody?

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh  

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

cracky_loves_the_crack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:45 pm
Cursed Cupcake
I have to say, Wall-E was the cutest movie I've seen in a looong time. But who else caught on to it being a political statement? The movie was obviously trying to show us whats happening to this world. Its covered in garbage and everyone is getting FAT from all the fast food joints that people abuse. Also its showing us that we rely so much on technology that we don't pay attention to whats surrounding us. What do you think?

I agree completely with what you are saying :33333  
Movies, TV, Music, and more

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff