Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Well this sucks A** Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

That b***h is gonna die!
  O.o
View Results

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:44 pm
Though I should have posted this in the rant thread I wanted to talk about it amongst everyone who has also experienced this.

I had gotten this job right after I graduated I was a temp so I didn't get most of the benefits that everyone else could get but the job was awesome. People were so nice to me. Well I felt so comfortable with my job that I applied for a full time position. There were a few tests I had to take first was the written test which I passed with flying colors of course. Next was the physical, well I tried my hardest and well my job dicked me. Basically meaning that since I only scored a 2.75 on the physical instead of a 3.00 I got fired. The lady who fired me said it with a smile which made me feel like she enjoys firing people but hey I left with my dignity *shrugs*

Topic
Have you ever taken a physical for a job?
Has a job d**k you?
Do you enjoy your job?
and anything else that deals with jobs >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:46 pm
Where did you work at? Thats bullshit that you got fired for that. >.>  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 pm
is your job quite physical? ive never had to take a physical for a job, but then ive never actually had to apply for any of the jobs ive had xp that really sucks, can you get them for unfair dismisal? I guess if its part of their policy then probably not...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:36 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Where did you work at? Thats bullshit that you got fired for that. >.>
Calmar

@Ghost yes it was quiet physical but I was able to keep at the pace as everyone else in the factory. >.>  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:38 pm
that is pretty dumb. If you've been temping there and they can see that you work well, then i dont see why they would want to fire you over a failed physical. Sounds like company policy rubbish to me  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:44 pm
Calmar? What do you do there?  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:01 pm
my entire job is physical work, and if you dont do it good or fast enough you get canned. thats how jobs go, if your not good enough, they will find someone better..... i may sound like an a** but thats how it works.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 pm
jfm567
my entire job is physical work, and if you dont do it good or fast enough you get canned. thats how jobs go, if your not good enough, they will find someone better..... i may sound like an a** but thats how it works.
Yeah but the rate Calmar is going they aren't going to be opened for long they've had hiring signs out for quiet sometime now, and haven't had much progress. All of the people assembly have been working 6 days a week since October cause of lack of people. >.>

@Blue Calmar creates and assembles Sprayers. :3  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:26 pm
Angie moo
jfm567
Yeah but the rate Calmar is going they aren't going to be opened for long they've had hiring signs out for quiet sometime now, and haven't had much progress. All of the people assembly have been working 6 days a week since October cause of lack of people. >.>

@Blue Calmar creates and assembles Sprayers. :3

Ah ok. Maybe they should cut down on the requirements.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:12 pm
Psshh, that's smart. Wehn your low on employees, what do you do? Fire someone because they were .25 points away from perfect.  

Artanus

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 pm
they are strict because of insurance premiums. That is the reason that most jobs require you to take physicals. I have to agree on the company with them in that they have the right to choose who they do and do not hire and how much money they want to pay in insurance premiums and so forth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
they are strict because of insurance premiums. That is the reason that most jobs require you to take physicals. I have to agree on the company with them in that they have the right to choose who they do and do not hire and how much money they want to pay in insurance premiums and so forth.

thats true, they are well within their rights in what they did. Its just that it seems to me that if Angie has temped there and was fine, and then was fired because she failed the physical, that the physical test might be testing for a level of fitness that isnt really needed for the job  

Iconised Ghost

[la.femme.batteh]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 pm
that is pretty ridiculous, but my dad used to work in a factory, and it's pretty nasty work. they probably didn't want you to get hurt. But, on the other hand, if you had been working there for a while and nothing happened, then it just proves that the american work system is failing and we are all going to die. >_> ok, JKing on the dying part, but it's still extremely depressing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:27 am
[la.femme.batteh]
that is pretty ridiculous, but my dad used to work in a factory, and it's pretty nasty work. they probably didn't want you to get hurt. But, on the other hand, if you had been working there for a while and nothing happened, then it just proves that the american work system is failing and we are all going to die. >_> ok, JKing on the dying part, but it's still extremely depressing.

its only depressing if you work in america cool  

Iconised Ghost

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 am
Iconised Ghost
[la.femme.batteh]

its only depressing if you work in america cool

Only if you are working in a low status but as you go up,it becomes better and better mrgreen  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff