Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Soul got WaRpEd @@

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dija check out the bands? o.O
  Yes! HOMG I have a new addiction!
  No ._.
View Results

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:37 pm
Warped Tour that is ;D

Well this year I was finally able to go to Warped Tour after being grounded during last year's. My day started off when me and my friends left the house and hit the highway trying to find our destination. Us being 17 it was only us four driving so no annoying parents. Since my friend in the passenger seat had no sense of direction, I was shouting at her to stop giving directions since she didn't know where we were going while I corrected the driver. We reach a parking garage quite far off [we didn't want to pay the $20 event parking at the concert] but next to the Metro Rail. We take the metro rail [noting the ridiculous amount of scene kids on the train already I whisper to my friends "Only cool kids take the metro rail"]

We arrive at the concert where I'm stuck in the Will Call line since I had bought my tickets the night before. I wait about an hour and FINALLY I get my ticket and rush towards the gates. I dash towards the first stage with my program to find that the band I had been most anxious to see [From First To Last] already played gonk I drag behind my friends disappointed when I see the band's booth and see that they were doing their signing. I jump in line anxiously as I prep myself to get my poster signed. So it wasn't a total loss. The day only went up from there as I got to see Forever The Sickest Kids, The Devil Wears Prada, Cinematic Sunrise, Norma Jean, The Academy Is..., and a few other bands. I went to various signings, bought lotsa T-shirts, got a buncha free stuff [Including a condom from the Trojan booth rofl ] I went home very happy with the day. AND NOW PICS! [With handy links to the band's myspace in case you wanna check out their music ;D]

Me and the lead singer of Forever the Sickest Kids. My hair looking like crap after the rain -.-
[x].

Me and Matt Goode, the lead singer of From First to Last. I CAME. SRSLY.
[x]

Me and the lead singer of Ice Nine Kills
[x]

Lead singer of Norma Jean playing my favorite performance of the day
[x]

Other notable bands of the day
Cinematic Sunrise
Pierce the Veil
The Devil Wears Prada  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm
Sounds awesome
i've always wanted to go to warp tour BUT something always comes up or i miss it... stare
not fun...Hopefully though i catch it next time  

BlueFizz

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:02 am
It looks like you had lots of fun Squishy! heart That rocks that you could get pics. Anytime I ever meet anyone awesomely awesome, there is either no camera or it busts. Go me. stare

lol, once when I met the Governor of Virginia, they had the TV crew there, and they bipassed my face to get a picture of the little girl from the day-care sitting on my lap. They got a nice shot of my thighs and my cut-off jean shorts. xd The girl was only 3, and was like "WTF are you doing? GET THAT OUTTA MY FACE! *hides*".  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:14 pm
I remember back when I went to lalapalooza when I was younger it was frikkin awesome. I've always wanted to go to see the warped tour.  

angel_half82
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:21 pm
Man, I went to the one in Jacksonville, it was so crazy. It was hot as balls outside, my friend Mandi actually almost fell out after the Reel Big Fish set because of her dehydration. The venue was literally in the middle of nowhere though, and getting there was a pain in the a** because the road was only two lanes, and they made concert traffic go into the left lane, so there was a line of cars filled with scene kids as far as the eye could see. We pulled off into some dude's farm thing because he was selling parking spots, and could have gotten in for free, but my friend had to pay otherwise he'd be in some moral crisis. Ended up getting there an hour after it started and caught ORESKABAND, who are pretty much now the coolest ska band ever, and that has nothing to do with them being from Japan and the fact that they were girls who were hot. Then we went and saw Story of the Year, who were pretty awesome too. Reel Big Fish had to be my favorite though, just because they have so much fun on stage, they covered Enter Sandman by Metallica, and claimed that they made it up on the spot, not to mention that just throughout their set list, they just acted funny, including altering their lyrics to She Has a Girlfriend Now to include some of Katy Perry's lyrics from I Kissed a Girl, which got a chuckle out of everyone. After that, was the dehydration thing, which was a little worrisome, but she recovered, and then her and my friend ditched me to hang out in the cooling tent while I saw MC Chris. They couldn't handle it anymore after that, and so we left, it was pretty much amazing though. I wish I had pictures of me with the bands, I did snag a few of the bands while they were playing though, but I haven't put them on photobucket.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:42 pm
Oh yeah! I remember Reel Big Fish doing the Metalica cover xD I LOL'd. I'm like "hey...thats not their song!"  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Artanus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:29 pm
Reel Big Fish does Warped Tour!? Now I really have to go.

They're only going to stupid, remote, western/southwestern places in New York this summer. That sucks.

That's awesome that you got to meet them. I've never heard of any of the bands you listed, but I'm checking out "Forever the Sickest Kids" and they're great!  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games