Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Is the roleplay subforum even active anymore? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it?
  LOLWUT?
View Results

Phori Windfury

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:18 pm
I spent a good amount of my time arranging a role play. took me about 3-4 hours of typing, editing, and publishing. And is it because no one would want to join it? Or is the roleplay subforum just completely -dead-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:49 pm
Its as dead as a doornail. The main active members really aren't in the RP sub much anyways, atleast as far as I know.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:19 pm
Yup pretty much, i wouldnt be caught dead roleplaying really  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:25 pm
What little time I am able to commit to Gaia these days, if spent here at the guild, is in the main forum, because I know everyone here and that they are generally not n00bs and do even post regularly. :/  

Pachelbel Canon

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:27 pm
ive looked in it. just because i have too. xD im not nerdy enough for forum role-playing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:37 pm

Check last post dates for dead-ness.

It's not as bad as I expected.

But those subs need a make-over and some need to become blank spaces to make the list look nicer.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 pm
ALL OF THE SUBFORUMS ARE DEAD. The sad truth.

I love to roleplay but I do so in other guilds such as Bleach: Elites and Naruto: Rise of the Shinobi.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:51 pm
Subforums end up being dead in most guilds.

Also forum RPing is sooo dumb.

Nuke it, Dot it. ******** tail swipe.  

angel_half82
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:20 am
A few of my IRL friends started a forum site specifically for writing, and there is a section for rping, though so far we haven't done any "fan-fiction" type RPs. It's all original worlds and characters, so it's...collaborative writing. And since you are generally just one character per person that you have to "act" as, does that constitute forum RPing?

In any case we have fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Forum RPs are all collaboratives (well, there are some RP post that end up as one person, and can't quite be a short story since it can't stand alone).

Some collaboratives are not RPs. RPs are collaboratives that exists not for the end result so much as enjoying the process. RPs are there to more artfully than a MMORPG be something else. Fan-fic-like RPs are either continuing the current characters and story, or making your own self for that pre-created world and exploring it. There are collaborative works centered around creating a book, with like two people writing a plot, characters and story, while RP is more about the character, your character.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:54 am
angel_half82

RPing is good/fun when you and your friends are playing around a table, not in a forum.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:03 am
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82

RPing is good/fun when you and your friends are playing around a table, not in a forum.
Speak for yourself talk2hand  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:29 am
Yes the subforums move VERY slow. If i could erase them all and keep just a couple and the main forum running i would. But the fact is without them the main forum would be utter chaos with 100 different types of threads all going at once and that's a b***h to moderate for a pro much less us.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:39 pm
I don't see the difference between a forum and doing it around a table. O_o I mean I suppose what you're talking about is D&D. But what I was talking about was just writing, not like...acting it out and saying it and stuff.

So it is RPing, what my friends and I are doing, by Metalic's definition. My sister and I are working on a collaborative work.

@Saku: would the threads that existed in the subforums move to the main forum, or just cease to be? I mean they're pretty inactive as it is being subforum threads, why would they become more active in the main thread...?

Pachelbel Canon

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:55 pm
RPing IRL is extremely dorky but actually quite fun.

I'm too self-conscious to do it on the intrawebz though.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff