Kumo quests! For some cosplays you probably haven't heard of

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:37 pm
Setting up a thread here to keep track of things, I guess. I want a few specific cosplays from rather obscure sources, mostly. If you've heard of any of these characters, totally let me know xd Fellow fans can be hard to come by sometimes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:40 pm
The Ravages of Time
I'm a huge fan of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. If you're familiar with Dynasty Warriors, you might be familiar with the character names here. The Ravages of Time is a Chinese manhua based on the same story, and therefore features many of its own versions of the same characters from the original novel.

Got Xun Yu~ I want Guo Jia next, since those two are like salt and pepper - gotta have 'em both =B Still want a Ma Chao, but he can wait. Possibly also Xiao Meng later on? Must work out what lineart for him sweatdrop

.:Edited Regular Soquili:.
Colorist wanted:
Name of horse: Guo Jia
Owner: Asahi Kumoru
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Ruthless
Breed: Cosplay (The Ravages of Time)
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Very pale golden brown/light palomino-colored coat (see ref 6), except with very dark brown/nearly black mane. Coat fades to white on stomach and chest, and by hooves. Dark green or dark brown eyes? (whichever ends up looking better) Hooves match hair
Reference image(s): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): adult
Default accessory color(s)?: no default accessories
Tag frame color: whatever looks good
Tag feather color: whatever looks good
Hair/clothing edits: Mane is fairly short and curled under slightly, seen best in refs 2-4, or the fluffier version in ref 1. Short or medium-short tail to match. Small triangular eyebrows? Major edit is the jacket - off-white or pale yellow trimmed with dark green or dark brown, and patterned with bamboo branches, best seen in refs 2 and 5, or in color in ref 1. Feel free to tweak the colors for everything somewhat, just as long as it stays in the general range of
Estimated price at 650k?

Colorist wanted:
Name of horse: Ma Chao
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Bold
Breed: Cosplay (The Ravages of Time)
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Green eyes, normal buckskin-colored coat, mane, and tail. Paint on the face in red (see ref1 & 3)
Reference image(s): 1 2 3 4
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: no default accessories
Tag feather color: whatever looks good
Hair/clothing edits: Hair in multiple tails with beads (see ref1). Chinese-style studded leather horse armor (see ref4). A blanket or flag over his back with a fringe similar in style to these flags; instead of the character in those samples, though, the flag should have Ma. General color scheme should match armor in ref2, but I'll leave the exact design up to you. (( if you need a better idea of what the flags look like, there are a ton of them in this video ))
Estimated price in at 550-600k?  

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:09 pm
Senkaiden Houshin Engi
Probably my favorite manga EVAR. Based on the Chinese novel Feng Shen Yan Yi.

Colorist wanted:
Name of horse: Hanyou Youzen
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Calculating
Breed: Youkai
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc): white horse, huge white mane (see ref 1) and long white tail, black eyes, red and black face markings (see ref 2), white hooves.
Reference image(s): 1 2
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: no default accessories, please
Tag feather color: one white and #8CB056, one #463B73 (??)
Hair/clothing edits: large graphite grey mask with red eye outlines and red horns. It's fine if this covers most or all of the horse's face. Necklace of skulls in gold (see ref 2). Tattery black blanket just kind of draped over his body.

(( possibly another as well? ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:11 pm
Funds are sufficient. Waiting on slots 3nodding plz do not donate sweatdrop  

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:16 pm
Another extra

And done, I guess.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:43 pm
Updated a few things (since I'm getting a Xun Yu in the near future whee ~) and just threadpoking so this is easier to find next time.

... Curse you, Ravages, for having such awesome characters :< *shakes fist*  

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

Questing HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas