Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
There's no saving her now... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dana's pissed.

View Results

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:51 am
Biggest ******** bullshit ever.

Short version:

I got lice! From volunteering at my boyfriend's church VBS. And his mother knew about the infestation for the past week and didn't tell me. So if I have to miss vacation, there is no saving her a**. A cousin of mine who I haven't seen for 10 years will be there.

Long version:

I've never had lice before. So I didn't know that if your head itched. Get checked. I just thought it was dandruff or something. But oooohhhh no. I volunteered at my boyfriend's church, because his mom's a pastor, and she needed that help. Ok. So I help for VBS(Vacation Bible School) and had to deal with 20 little preschoolers. biggrin I like kids, I'm fine with that. Well that was a couple weeks ago. My head's itched since then but I didn't think anything of it.

Yesterday, went to go visit his parents. And then his mother tells me about her daughters had lice from VBS and that my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend had it too.

...she knew about it for a ******** week. Why didn't she call me? I mean what the hell is wrong with her? Shouldn't you call the people who worked the VBS too?? Honestly! That is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard....this month.

I go to vacation this saturday for a week with my family. My cousin who I haven't seen for 10 years will be there. I was so excited. Now I'm ******** pissed to hell. I swear if I have to miss seeing my cousin because of her irresponsibility....there is no saving her.

anyways enough with my bitching, what do I do? I looked up things I should do online and it involves a LOT of cleaning.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:07 pm
Uhm.. I had lice when I was little, and what they made my family do is take me to the doctor to get some high-powered anti-lice shampoo.

Oh, and that IS bullshit, believe me. I know how you feel, to an extent. I got lice from staying the night at a friends house, when his mom knew that he had lice at the time.  

Kinta the Skank

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:13 pm
Argh I had lice when I was a kid, it was horrible. crying
My mom just used a lot of shampoos that kill lice. My hair was really long, too, so getting rid of those things took a long time. I remember the day I didn't have lice anymore, I think maybe after a few years of washing my hair with poison they left...

Lice love really clean hair apparently cause they can move around easily...that's what I heard anyway. If you have long hair maybe cut it a bit. You should also comb out the eggs cause they hatch fast. So even if you get rid of the lice if a few eggs stay behind you'll have tons of them on your head in a few days. *shivers* The memories are haunting me now. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:16 pm
First buy a lice comb, and comb your hair. Not talking about a few strokes but several. My parent usually burns the lice. But anyways after that get anti-lice shampoo and follow the directions there after that comb your hair a second time. After that spray down your house with speaicl anti-lice spray. Wash everything as well.  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:36 pm
i had lice in middle school. i just shaved my head and scrubbed it twice with anti-lice shampoo, completely free of lice after that. but im sure it wont be that easy for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:39 pm
jfm567
i had lice in middle school. i just shaved my head and scrubbed it twice with anti-lice shampoo, completely free of lice after that. but im sure it wont be that easy for you.

I wish I could shave my head and still look good.  

Dana Pixie Stix

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm
Dana Pixie Stix
jfm567

I wish I could shave my head and still look good.

well, it will always grow back. eventually....... wigs? they have some good shampoo's for it now-a-days anyways. you wont have them for long.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:50 pm
Time for an acid bath!

IN SRS Lice-B-Gone shampoo + Fine Tooth'd Comb. Shaving your head isn't a bad idea either.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:55 pm
What a ******** b***h D:< You should go shake your hair in her face and see if she gets em too D:<  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:16 pm
was your hair and use a lot of conditioner and then comb loads D= have a lot of tissue to squish the little buggers >.< Make sure you wash the comb with hot water so they die. I have had them loads =/ I went to an all girls school so they went around a lot >.< Just comb for ages with conditioned hair because it will be smooth and the lice won't be able to grip to the hair very well, also check for eggs and try to pick them out.

Also use anti-lice shampoo and after the treatment wash normally because it ******** up your hair >.< makes it all dry and split :/ they will go eventually and it shouldnt stop you going on holiday :3 just don't try and get close to people's heads etc and put your hair up in a pony tail or something  

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:25 pm
well I've had lice multiple times actually when I was little, mostly from church things actually xD

I use mayonnaise. This sounds gross but first you need someone else, not you, to take hours going through your hair to comb out the lice with a lice comb. Then you wash your hair with Tea Tree shampoo. If that doesn't work, comb again and use mayonnaise spread into your hair and covered with a shower cap then sleep on it. Honestly. It sounds weird but something about it kills them

and really, commercially sold shampoos and tea tree shampoos never worked for me. So yea, I suggest mayonnaise.

EDIT: oh and make sure to bag up all stuffed toys and things that cannot be machine washed and keep them bagged for a few weeks. Stay off of furniture like couches as much as possible, and wash all clothing you wore and bedding you slept on in HOT water. Also, when combing, it's good to have a big bowl of HOT water and dip the comb in it to kill the lice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:46 pm
D: Poor Dana. Had a friend back in ele school that had the same problem. She had to get her hair cut and everything. D:  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Captain Chunks

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:00 pm
Had it.
Kept my hair.
Had some conditioner+Shampoo.
=Win.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:04 pm
OMG go roll around on her pillow lmfao xd  

churrlo

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:22 am
Comb + Shampoo is the easiest solution. Then you need to wash all your stuff to kill the little bastards.

You should be fine after that.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces