Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Discuss the News: USA paying to build Iraq when Iraq has $$$ Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bullshit?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:10 pm

I was watching the news and they were trying to piss off the USAmericans by talking about how we are rebuilding Iraq with our taxes and Iraq has billions of dollars of its own.

1. I doubt Iraq uses 'dollars'.
2. It is painfully obvious that it is a mass ploy to enrage the gullible USAmericans.
3. You break it you buy it. WE broke it WE pay too fix it. DUH. talk2hand (well, not all the road bombs were directly our fault, but indirectly most were.)
rolleyes

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:57 pm
yeah i think that is complete bs what about the damages they did to the world trade centers they didnt pay reparations for that but we have to pay for what ever damage was made in their country for a war they started
it isnt right  

chaz3

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 pm
Well yeah u have a point chaz, but the US did break it and now they are fixing it. Its the right thing to do. Take comfort in the fact that your country is more thoughtful than Iraq is  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:37 am
chaz3
yeah i think that is complete bs what about the damages they did to the world trade centers they didnt pay reparations for that but we have to pay for what ever damage was made in their country for a war they started
it isnt right
Please Chaz, Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 that is a fact.
It´s just a ploy by bush and his minions to justify an unjust war.

And Iraq is not rich, Saddam and he´s family was rich the country no so much.
So I understand why the US should help with the rebuilding but when the basics (Water, Food, Shelter, Transportation) are sorted they can and shall get the ******** out.  

Thanatos Phoenix

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:36 am
Thanatos Phoenix
So I understand why the US should help with the rebuilding but when the basics (Water, Food, Shelter, Transportation) are sorted they can and shall get the ******** out.

Sorry to call you on this, but I personally don't really foresee the US Army getting the ******** out of there, regardless. At least while Bush is still running around. It was obvious he's wanted some sort of crap to stir, while he was in office, and I think he'll leave it for the next office to clean up.

How long until you guys get a different president, anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:00 am
Kitsukage
Thanatos Phoenix

Sorry to call you on this, but I personally don't really foresee the US Army getting the ******** out of there, regardless. At least while Bush is still running around. It was obvious he's wanted some sort of crap to stir, while he was in office, and I think he'll leave it for the next office to clean up.

How long until you guys get a different president, anyway?
Well that was just my thoughts, If I´m going to be realistic here, then I´m going to say that I don´t see any hopes for a unified and peacefull Iraq, I think the country is going to break apart from the fighting and even after the US has left (lets say in 60 years, yes I just said 60 years!) the fighting will continue without them.

I believe that some countrys need someone with and iron fist to hold the country together, Iraq is such a county in my opinion.

I am all for democracy but some people just don´t get along and maybe a dictatorship can keep them from fighting.  

Thanatos Phoenix

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:04 am
Give me a break gonk ! Do you guys even know why the U.S declaerd war on Iraq?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:41 am
@Kitsukage: The US will be electing a new president this November and he'll be inaugurated January 20.

I can't imagine the United States being in Iraq for another ten years. Maybe that's me just being optimistic but I imagine troop withdraws should be coming in a few years or possibly earlier. And I don't mean that every single American is going to be pulled out of Iraq, just that there should be a significant decrease of soliders. Of course, I have my doubts of what McCain might do but I think Obama might be able to pull it off.

Now as for the actual news coverage Noodles saw, people are pretty pissed that their tax dollars are going to pay a war they don't support regardless of Iraq's situation. I suppose this news coverage was trying to anger the ones not already upset over the conflict.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:05 am
I think I remember America tried to ask for "donations" from other nations due to the obviously unpopular use of taxes to rebuild Iraq...they we're shot down though. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:44 am
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Yes I do.
1. Bush said that Saddam had WMDs. (Which he didn´t)
2. Bush wanted Saddam to lower oil prices for America. (Which he didn´t)
Bush declares war on Iraq.

Bush tries to cover up the fact that Saddam didn´t have any WMDs with fabricated news about Saddam being allied with terrorists. (Which he wasn´t)

There you have it, thats the reason why the US and all the dumb NATO countries are at war with Iraq.  

Thanatos Phoenix

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 am
Than, please don't diss us for the confusion. A lot of Americans are still confused about our reasons for invading Iraq, due to Bush lying about his motives and mass incorrect information being spread all across the media.

My Oma and Opa are JUST STARTING to realize that we shouldn't have gone in.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:09 am
Thanatos Phoenix
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Yes I do.

Bush tries to cover up the fact that Saddam didn´t have any WMDs with fabricated news about Saddam being allied with terrorists. (Which he wasn´t)

There you have it, thats the reason why the US and all the dumb NATO countries are at war with Iraq.

hey than, you forgot the part where bush slipped up, and when trying to justify being in iraq, said: "I mean, we're talking about the guy who went after my Dad here!"

rolleyes

jesus, he embarrasses the crap outta me. and so does any american who actually voted for him THE SECOND TIME. scream wtf were people thinking?!?

sweatdrop

i like how bush seems to have forgotten he said "when the iraqis stand up, we'll sit down! as soon as they're ready to take care of their own country, we're out of there!"

yeah, cause JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO, the iraqi government asked us to PLEASE GTFO or at least give them a time when we WOULD get out, and bush was all like "uuuh, we can't get out yet! you're not stable!!!"

rolleyes

it wasn't enough to ruin the companies of his father's friends, oh no! he had to go and try to ruin america...i miss the days when people LIKED us. crying and even though clinton's an a*****e, he at least knew how to keep friends for the country, ya know?

which is why i'm voting for obama and NOT for a man who's been KNOWN to attack his opponents in locked committees for years!

yay obama! heart

edit: and OH YES iraq uses us dollars! when your own economy is weak and struggling and your money has no value, you use someone else's!

when angel went over there, they found HUGE stockpiles of american dollars and even though they HAD iraqi money, no vendor would take it. they ONLY wanted american dollars, yo.  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:10 am

Chaz: Terrorists broke the towers, well, literally our own planes did, but it was terrorists, not Iraqi military trying to start a war.

Ghost: Iraq has the excuse that the attacks we not ordered by the government or military.

Than: The news stories I was referring to, the main bullet pount is that thanks to oil prices and that we've rebuilt the oil refineries/drilling facilities the country now has like, 38billion dollars or something. (They say 50b and talk about by the end of the year just to make it seem more impressive.)

Kit: Just do a search for 'Election 2008' and watch Google's servers fry. (AKA it's close and the bullshit is starting to fly.)

Than: Maybe they will figure out that they should just split into two different countries? eh... I heard that there were times when the two groups we working together. :/
I think Communism and dictatorship are fine until they start massacring their own citizens. (And other bad s**t like that) The problem is that while monarchy is more efficient than the democratic(every last person votes for every single freaking thing), or even republic(that is the type of government the USA has) one person can only do so much, so apart from extremely small countries it can't last too long.

Ace: So the news casters are against the war, and are trying to turn the public/voters. Mr. Obama is against the war, and it has been said that the news people are all in love with Mr. Obama... That explains the why behind this story(the one mentioned in the first post) I suppose.

Than: Thank you, this thread needed that explanation.
I think the cover-up was more about terrorists originating out of Iraq.
Didn't most other countries pull out a few months ago?

Egga: I think should or shouldn't are opinions, I think the problem was that people weren't sure why we went in, all hopped up on patriotism, and therefore couldn't make up their own opinions, just ate whatever they were told, however slanted it was.

Bluegrass: Weeks is not very long for anyone, even the pres, to get though all that red tape. (Then again, he did manage to go to war without congress declaring war, by manipulating the media/people.)
Mr. Obama's world trip shows he can do world politics, and that is without his adviser talking for him. (I saw Mr. Obama talking in the video feed.)
Mr. Clinton? What about Mr. Nixon? Mr. Nixon was intellegent enough to hire Kissinger.
Ouch, that would explain why we still need to clean up, most of the people still need to eat and work, and their life saving were likely not in US money.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:30 am
In Spain, about a week ago, in the program I was in, all the Spaniards, hated Bush. When the topic came up, they waited for the response of the americans there before saying anything. Apparently they think we love him just becasue he's in Office.

I was like "NOOO! That retarded man is the face of our country. That and fat people."  

Artanus

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:11 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Yes I do.

We all know the real reason. Bush jr. thinks Sadaam tried to have his daddy killed, so it was a revenge attack.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff