Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Do you believe celebrities should be allowed to.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

On the topic of celebrities and other rich people...
  They are SO selfish!
  Are you kidding!? I would LOVE to be in their shoes. blah blah blah limit
  You have a point, but you gotta admit, who wouldn't wanna be so f***** rich you could use the money for toilet paper!?
  no opinion [cuz 1) I just want the gold or 2) I'm just too chicken to say what I really think afraid of how others will judge me. 3) I really don't care. my lifes great!]
View Results

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:20 am
Secret Angel 3
How coincidental. They're my favorite Hollywood couple. but I digress

I agree with the helping at home thing first. but when you're making billions, giving away millions just doesn't seem like enough. not to me anyway. i respect your opinions. if I ever got to be as rich as them I would continue to live in my two story house instead of moving to a mansion like JK Rowling did and give away all my money very smartly. I would definitely not give to governments because like someone said they can't be trusted. but I think we can trust Barrack. but that is a different story.

some celebs end up bankrupt because of all their spending. I actually don't care that they are rich and I'm not. it doesn't bother me in the least. Celebs have messed up lives. and being an actor means having to give up modesty which I won't do. I'm happy being middle class. it just angers me that they have so much wealth, and money makes the world go round. they could do SO much good. they could rebuild third world countries if they wanted to. I think I'm repeating myself now.

anyway, it doesn't seem right. what good is there in being rich if all your remembered for is acting in a rated R movie? I'd rather be remembered as the world's savior rofl dramallama

I just thought of 2 new posts!

I think I'll end it here for this one. I just wanted to know if there was ANYONE who agreed with me. apparently not.

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh

I actually agree with alot of what you wrote there. There are some celebs I see on television or mags that annoy me cause it was like some random fluke that they got rich/famous.. and then to see them blow it all on frivolous things makes it more annoying. We just have to remind ourselves that money affects people differently.. some have it and help the world where they can.. and some aren't interested in anyone or anything that isn't in their direct circle.

I see what you mean about making billions and giving away millions not being quite enough... but to the people receiving a portion of it, it can mean the world.

LOL@being remembered for being in an R Rated movie.. *or a home video that "leaked" out* I'm with you all the way on that one too. I respect your opinions also. You're pretty cool and you have alot of passion for the world.. there is nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

See ya around smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:20 pm
I have one word to describe what you and your mom want for the US.

It's called communism, look it up.  

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:29 pm
pineapple07
I have one word to describe what you and your mom want for the US.

It's called communism, look it up.

and I have a word for you. misinterpretation. I do not desire communism because that leads to everyone being poor. if communism though did actually level out the playing field, and made everyone middle class, why not? everyone would be living a comfortable life. if communism actually produced good results, would it be bad then? no. however, many examples have shown us otherwise, that communism cannot be successful. and anyway, living an overly unnecessary extravagnt life is what's killing the Earth and what will eventually lead to the destruction of man kind. Does that please you? back to the subject. Of course, if every one lived the same, life would lack luster. No matter where you go, there are the classes of society. and perhaps I overdid it a little, but I stand by what I say. Rather than gathering fortunes, the money should be spent here and now to those who need it most. I heard somewhere that Oprah is gonna give away all her wealth to charities after she dies. I'm not sure if that's true, but the notion is honourable nonetheless.

and as for the mention of my mom, you'll notice I refer to her alot in my replies. I'm only 16 so that's only natural. I'm very close to my mom, and hold her in high esteem and deeply regard her opinions, not only because I love her, but because she is indeed a very smart woman with well-developed thoughts. I feel very lucky that I can be so close to her, and may regret the day I ever caused her sorrow.

I hope this wasn't too long xd

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 pm
no i dont cause they dont earn all there they have.  

shmeather

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 am
Take away the reward and you instantly take away the drive. If you cannot keep that which you EARNED (however you may have "earned" it), why the hell should you bother working that hard? Personally I'm not gonna throw my all into doing a job or performing a service that I know will not pay off proportionally to the work I put into it. If you want to send a message to "wealth hoarders", though, then simply refuse to take part in paying them and encourage others to do the same. After all, if you say they should not have so much, but then pay to go see their movie/buy their product, then you are only contributing to the very thing you say is a problem.

Quote:
They got lucky and made it big.

True for some, but not for many. Sometimes you do make a lucky find, stumble upon somethinng. But does that mean you have no right to it? I take a walk and find a gold nugget the size of my head; do I have no right to it, since I really just lucked-out and found it? And let's keep in mind that "fun" does not equal "not work". Take a look at the training regimen and, in the case of athletes and performers, diet that most stars must adhere to to maintain themselves. They're getting payed to play a game, or sing songs, or look good. In the case of that athlete, they're also getting paid to work out more in a single week than most of us will ever in a lifetime perform, exert themselves each game to the point that most of us would keel over and require medical aid should we attempt it, and it just takes that ONE SINGLE injury and their career is over. That actress is getting paid to maintain a perfect figure that most could not attain for longer than those who actually attain it could ever hope to keep it. And if they fail, they're ruined. Even if they claw their way back, they'll always seen there-after for what they became rather than what they are again. And let's not forget the "lucky" person who makes a discovery. Most of the time, that "luck" was either long hours every day and night for months or sometimes years looking for that "lucky break". Other times, it's a discovery made working hard to find something else. But luck is rarely "pure luck"; usually a deal of work is involved, even if it was not work towards what they found.

Quote:

Rather than gathering fortunes, the money should be spent here and now to those who need it most.

This is very true, but people must ultimately be allowed to make their own decisions on what they will do with themselves and their lives, and deal with the consequences that result. If you try to force them, even though you might succeed in the short run, the long-term effect will be to turn them against your ideas no matter what that idea may be. And the harder you force them to submit, the harder it will be for them to ever accept your idea afterward, no matter how right you may indeed be.

On a more personal note, I DO agree that they really outta do their parts to help when they can, and I really can't imagine being happy living an extravagant lifestyle like a good many of them do. I'd probably end up starting programs and giving it away just to get rid of the damn stuff; give me a kick-a** computer, a nice, theater screen-size TV hooked up with the latest console system, a good truck, and a small, three-room house, and you've given me pretty much everything I can desire in this life that can be bought. All those tropical vacations and private jets and expensive cars, hollywood parties and ceremonies and other nonsense would just annoy me more than anything... mrgreen  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff