Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Lol Anti-Anime Cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:47 pm
Well, I'm going to anime weekend Atlanta, and I was talking to some friends who were all about the "what costume are you wearing?!?!?" crap. Of course, I don't wear costumes, and haven't sewn in years, so I simply said I wasn't going to wear one.

Also, because all the anime/video game characters I like are either
1. Female
2. Impossible to make a costume of
3. Unrecognizable

However, I think I've changed my mind.

I was talking to my friend, Gibblets the Magical Crack Whore (yeah, that's his actual name), and after thinking for a while, he somewhat jeeringly suggested that I cosplay as the gayest scifi hero ever.

Now, of course it's a southeast American anime convention. How many of them actually take the time to watch British Live-Action Television?

Which is why I've decided it might actually be A GOOD IDEA. Seriously. It has major advantages:

1. It would be REALLY CHEAP to make. Just a few spray-painted gadgets, a surplus military coat, and some casual business clothes that I already have. And some fake guns and suspenders. Easy.
2. I'd be able to hit on guys without looking gay simply because it would be in character.
3. I'd still have an awesome coat in the end.
4. If anyone actually was able to recognize the character, I'd be more able to readily identify people who weren't hardcore "JAPAN NIPPON MAGIC ANIMU #1 LOLOL"

Discuss:
How this definitely does not belong in the japanimania forum.
How less recognized cosplay is a good idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:59 pm
id be horridly confused to even go to one of those conventions. i dont know much about anime's, BUT, i do know it would have been funny for you to appear as a girl. xD

oh well, british anime characters are good enough.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:12 pm
I can never be bothered to cos-play when I go to anime conventions either, but since he doesn't require much work go for it!
Having said that, Doctor Who sucks a**, but you could always go as a Darlick... just put a dustbin over your head and cut out two holes for eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 pm
RaidenKazama
I can never be bothered to cos-play when I go to anime conventions either, but since he doesn't require much work go for it!
Having said that, Doctor Who sucks a**, but you could always go as a Darlick... just put a dustbin over your head and cut out two holes for eyes.

It's cyberpunk. It's good because it sucks.
Scifi without the science, and doesn't afraid of anything.

It's the only thing the British, Canadians, and Koreans have in common.

Maybe you just can't jam with the console cowboys.

Good scifi - nah.
But it's still one of the best things on TV.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:31 pm
Sounds like a fun idea xd And cheap which is a definite plus ninja Have fun hitting on those mens xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:51 am
Well at least you won't run into someone cosplaying the same person ._.

I just wish there were slightly darker skinned people in anime/gaming that I could cosplay as. The few that I know require that I be ridiculously buff, or have a decent amount of facial hair.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:20 pm
Captain Jack is awesome, although, I've never watched Torchwood, so all I have to go on is Doctor Who.

I must say that it would be rather easy for you to do that one, only one easier would probably be the Tenth Doctor, unless you didn't have a blue suit and red chucks.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:14 pm
Your dressing up for a convention? I went to one in Arizona and I just went there in normall clothes. It was ok.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:53 pm
Captain Jack?

Sorry couldn't be bothered to find the actual video.

Sounds awesome Trevor. I haven't been to an anime convention in a long time. I only cosplayed twice. and both of them were an a** to make. I'm supposedly going to one in November that's in Omaha or something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:56 pm
If you do want to dress up I guess going as someone obscure will mean no one will nitpick you about it?

And cheap is good too.  

Pachelbel Canon

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces