Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Are you gay/lesbian? and if yes, are you atheist? and why. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you gay/lesbian or atheist?
  no -_- neither
  I'm an atheist and proud of it!
  Lesbian
  Gay. Why put a lesbian option? The general term is gay.
  I'm Bi!
  I'm Bi! and atheist!
  Both >=D I'd gladly defend my position!
  Just getting gold...
View Results

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:06 am
I think that if you are religious you wouldn't be gay/lesbian because it is against most religions. So I'm just curious as to the relationship between atheists and gays. Also, I would like it, if you were gay or atheist, to defend your position which I'm pretty confident in saying most people oppose.
Including myself mrgreen

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh

If you are just now joining skip to my fourth post on the second page. I would really like it if someone who was gay/athiest posted becuz I don't know any who are. otherwise I would just ask them instead of posting this. Thank You 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:36 pm
is it really against most religions? i was under the impression that it was only really under christianity based religions, but i could be wrong  

Iconised Ghost

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:25 am
Iconised Ghost
is it really against most religions? i was under the impression that it was only really under christianity based religions, but i could be wrong

I'm actually not so sure myself -thus the reason for extended discussion, to learn. But yes it is against Judi-Juda-
it's against the Jewish religion, Christianity, and Islam. I know that for sure.

Sweet Days! blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:47 am
Why can't they be gay and religious at the same time?  

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500

SeungJin_Sun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:27 pm
Once Upon a time....
They can be gay and religious, they will just be the 'outcasts' of their religion.
...The End

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:59 pm
There's just too much hypocrisy in some organized religions to me. There are worse things a person can be *in my opinion* than being gay or lesbian..  

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:51 pm
oHNo3
There's just too much hypocrisy in some organized religions to me. There are worse things a person can be *in my opinion* than being gay or lesbian..

what is it that's hypocritical exactly? and of which religion were thinking of exactly?
of course being a murderer is worse. being gay is wrong though. thats why its against J, C, and I. if man was supposed to be with man, women would not have been created. its common sense. man and women fit (together) like a glove. have you ever noticed that a gay man acts womenly. gasp. you know what that means. its a man's personality with a women's personality. we're back to the same thing. man and women. people are not born gay. they learn about it. think about it. entertain thoughts about it. accept it. then apply to themselves. they wire into their own minds. being gay is habitual, controllable, whatever. people who claim to be, I believe, can be rehabilitated to become straight again.
once you think, hey its ok for me to be with another guy(or girl), you'll then think, there's nothing wrong in trying it, then you'll try it and get addicted to it until you start making yourself believe I am gay. or perhaps you mistake normal behavior for being gay, so then you start to think of yourself as gay, and slowly become what you believe. mind over matter 100% people make themselves gay.
humans were created as the most perfect of creations -not perfect; just more perfect than anyone else. we don't act on instinct like animals. we can make choices for ourselves. we have will power and we can do anything we concieve to. man wanted to fly. he built planes. man wanted to explore the ocean. he built subs. man wanted to go to the moon. he built a rocket. it's all a matter of choices. ppl can choose not to be gay. they just probably find it easier not to try. and who knows what it was that caused to be gay in the first place. it's about reversing the effects.
Besides, in my religion, no one cares about the gay rule. we were raised ever since we were young, being gay is wrong. I've yet to meet anyone who is actually lesbian or gay from my religion. and in the rare chane someone is actually honestly born gay he's just going to live with it and not persue any emotions he might feel. live with it like you do with your family.
it really is all mind over matter

Sweet Days! blaugh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 am
you declare all of that as if it is fact

I dont think homosexuality is addictive xd  

Iconised Ghost

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:32 am
Secret Angel: Homosexuality is just agains the teachings of the Abrahamic religions, buddhism and hinduism both say that it´s part of the natural order.

There is nothing wrong about being gay or bi it´s perfectly natural and can be found in nature not just us humans and we are nothing more that animals our selfs.

And your whole speech is pretty offencive to anyone that isn´t hetro and to me, also there is no magic cure for being gay or bi and if anyone says that there is a cure or rehabilitation then that person is greatly missinformed and full of s**t.

I also want you to think outside the box for once, try not to believe everything you read of hear it may not be the truth.

Like Buddha said: "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Now everyone is thinking OMG he´s an atheist!
And just to make things clear, no I´m not a stupid atheist, I was born catholic but has since then stopped believing that god exists but unlike an atheist I don´t force religious people to adopt my believes, I don´t care what people believe in they can worship Satan for all I care, as long as religious people don´t hurt people and stay the ******** out of my life and what I do with it.

Now this is why I´m so defensive against you Secret Angel you are interfering with how I live my life by saying that it´s wrong to be gay or bi.
And I will explain, you know nothing about gay/bi people since you have never met any!
You can come back with your biblical argument after you have been friends with some gay or bi people for a while then you can say that it´s wrong.

And don´t give me that "Well the Bible says that it´s true" speech because if you use that I´m just going to say that if the bible is the written work of God and is has since that time been translated and rewritten a couple of hundred times by a shitload of people with there own personalities and ways to think, all of them putting a little personal touch on the book.
I hate to break it to you but the bible is not the written work of God anymore it´s just a collection of rewriteings.

Find me the original Bible and show me that is says that it´s wrong to be gay/bi and I´ll belive you until then don´t say it because it pisses people off.

(DAMN thats alot of typing......)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:37 am
Thanatos Phoenix
Secret Angel: Homosexuality is just agains the teachings of the Abrahamic religions, buddhism and hinduism both say that it´s part of the natural order.

There is nothing wrong about being gay or bi it´s perfectly natural and can be found in nature not just us humans and we are nothing more that animals our selfs.

And your whole speech is pretty offencive to anyone that isn´t hetro and to me, also there is no magic cure for being gay or bi and if anyone says that there is a cure or rehabilitation then that person is greatly missinformed and full of s**t.

I also want you to think outside the box for once, try not to believe everything you read of hear it may not be the truth.

Like Buddha said: "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Now everyone is thinking OMG he´s an atheist!
And just to make things clear, no I´m not a stupid atheist, I was born catholic but has since then stopped believing that god exists but unlike an atheist I don´t force religious people to adopt my believes, I don´t care what people believe in they can worship Satan for all I care, as long as religious people don´t hurt people and stay the ******** out of my life and what I do with it.

Now this is why I´m so defensive against you Secret Angel you are interfering with how I live my life by saying that it´s wrong to be gay or bi.
And I will explain, you know nothing about gay/bi people since you have never met any!
You can come back with your biblical argument after you have been friends with some gay or bi people for a while then you can say that it´s wrong.

And don´t give me that "Well the Bible says that it´s true" speech because if you use that I´m just going to say that if the bible is the written work of God and is has since that time been translated and rewritten a couple of hundred times by a shitload of people with there own personalities and ways to think, all of them putting a little personal touch on the book.
I hate to break it to you but the bible is not the written work of God anymore it´s just a collection of rewriteings.

Find me the original Bible and show me that is says that it´s wrong to be gay/bi and I´ll belive you until then don´t say it because it pisses people off.

(DAMN thats alot of typing......)

you said that a lot better than i could have mrgreen i just didnt know where to start with that post  

Iconised Ghost

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:19 am
I was raised Methodist, converted to Catholicism.. studied a little on the practices and beliefs of other random religions and now I just choose not to have one. I know right from wrong and if God had enough faith in us to give us free will to do as we please and make suitable decisions for ourselves, that's all I need. I don't need a religion to tell me how to live my life or who is going to heaven and who isn't because they won't be the ones I'll be facing come judgement day.

I was never one to go by the bible either cos like Thanatos explained, that book has been tainted by the agendas of men throughout the ages. I'm sure there's some truth somewhere in it, but that's been long masked and rearranged in order to have people conform to how certain individuals think one should be.

I'm not gay.. but I'm not opposed to others being gay nor do I think anything is wrong with it. I just think it's none of my business. Why should the sexual preference of someone affect how I live my life? People being gay doesn't have anything to do with whether I live or die or where I lay my head at night. It just doesn't make any sense to me why it's been such a big issue for so long.

Homosexuality is as old as man. It's been practiced since the days where only kings ruled. It's been practiced by royal figures, church figures, etc way before our time. In a class I took 2 years ago there was a discussion about this "bible" someone discovered decades ago on an excavation. Each page on the inside was embossed with little images of people in sexual positions.. and it wasn't limited to only male/female.. there were male/male images as well.

Yes, I know it's "blasphemous" to think of sexual images being placed on pages of a "bible" but what I got from it was.. this.. maybe being gay wasn't first considered unnatural. Maybe.. JUST MAYBE.. not saying it is for a fact.. but maybe being gay wasn't even an issue at all in the bible back then and someone might have cleverly found a way to incorporate it in there for whatever reason.

Or maybe I'm just gullible and should've asked where the physical bible could be found since we were only privy to xerox copies of a few pages. *shrugs* We'll never know.

All I know is what I've been exposed to. I know lots of gay people. Some from churches I've attended in the past and others from just every day living. They are people just like the rest of us.. they shouldn't be shunned, bashed, and victimized for being who they are.. if anything should upset God, I would like to think it'd be the way that some of his children are judging and turning against others that are also his children for being the people he created them to be.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:24 am
oHNo3
I was raised Methodist, converted to Catholicism.. studied a little on the practices and beliefs of other random religions and now I just choose not to have one. I know right from wrong and if God had enough faith in us to give us free will to do as we please and make suitable decisions for ourselves, that's all I need. I don't need a religion to tell me how to live my life or who is going to heaven and who isn't because they won't be the ones I'll be facing come judgement day.

I was never one to go by the bible either cos like Thanatos explained, that book has been tainted by the agendas of men throughout the ages. I'm sure there's some truth somewhere in it, but that's been long masked and rearranged in order to have people conform to how certain individuals think one should be.

I'm not gay.. but I'm not opposed to others being gay nor do I think anything is wrong with it. I just think it's none of my business. Why should the sexual preference of someone affect how I live my life? People being gay doesn't have anything to do with whether I live or die or where I lay my head at night. It just doesn't make any sense to me why it's been such a big issue for so long.

Homosexuality is as old as man. It's been practiced since the days where only kings ruled. It's been practiced by royal figures, church figures, etc way before our time. In a class I took 2 years ago there was a discussion about this "bible" someone discovered decades ago on an excavation. Each page on the inside was embossed with little images of people in sexual positions.. and it wasn't limited to only male/female.. there were male/male images as well.

Yes, I know it's "blasphemous" to think of sexual images being placed on pages of a "bible" but what I got from it was.. this.. maybe being gay wasn't first considered unnatural. Maybe.. JUST MAYBE.. not saying it is for a fact.. but maybe being gay wasn't even an issue at all in the bible back then and someone might have cleverly found a way to incorporate it in there for whatever reason.

Or maybe I'm just gullible and should've asked where the physical bible could be found since we were only privy to xerox copies of a few pages. *shrugs* We'll never know.

All I know is what I've been exposed to. I know lots of gay people. Some from churches I've attended in the past and others from just every day living. They are people just like the rest of us.. they shouldn't be shunned, bashed, and victimized for being who they are.. if anything should upset God, I would like to think it'd be the way that some of his children are judging and turning against others that are also his children for being the people he created them to be.
You and Iconised Ghost are my new best friends in ED 3nodding  

Thanatos Phoenix

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:59 am
I'm honored, Thanatos wink Thank you biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:00 pm
Secret Angel, I think you opened a can here...
It's a very delicate subject, and not a new one....
Bless you! heart
Peace  

Ultra Fabu

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:11 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
oHNo3

You and Iconised Ghost are my new best friends in ED 3nodding

Same to you guys! I read this post, and i was like yes! there is hope xd  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas