Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Are you gay/lesbian? and if yes, are you atheist? and why. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you gay/lesbian or atheist?
  no -_- neither
  I'm an atheist and proud of it!
  Lesbian
  Gay. Why put a lesbian option? The general term is gay.
  I'm Bi!
  I'm Bi! and atheist!
  Both >=D I'd gladly defend my position!
  Just getting gold...
View Results

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:32 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Secret Angel: Homosexuality is just agains the teachings of the Abrahamic religions, buddhism and hinduism both say that it´s part of the natural order.

There is nothing wrong about being gay or bi it´s perfectly natural and can be found in nature not just us humans and we are nothing more that animals our selfs.

And your whole speech is pretty offencive to anyone that isn´t hetro and to me, also there is no magic cure for being gay or bi and if anyone says that there is a cure or rehabilitation then that person is greatly missinformed and full of s**t.

I also want you to think outside the box for once, try not to believe everything you read of hear it may not be the truth.

Like Buddha said: "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Now everyone is thinking OMG he´s an atheist!
And just to make things clear, no I´m not a stupid atheist, I was born catholic but has since then stopped believing that god exists but unlike an atheist I don´t force religious people to adopt my believes, I don´t care what people believe in they can worship Satan for all I care, as long as religious people don´t hurt people and stay the f**k out of my life and what I do with it.

Now this is why I´m so defensive against you Secret Angel you are interfering with how I live my life by saying that it´s wrong to be gay or bi.
And I will explain, you know nothing about gay/bi people since you have never met any!
You can come back with your biblical argument after you have been friends with some gay or bi people for a while then you can say that it´s wrong.

And don´t give me that "Well the Bible says that it´s true" speech because if you use that I´m just going to say that if the bible is the written work of God and is has since that time been translated and rewritten a couple of hundred times by a shitload of people with there own personalities and ways to think, all of them putting a little personal touch on the book.
I hate to break it to you but the bible is not the written work of God anymore it´s just a collection of rewriteings.

Find me the original Bible and show me that is says that it´s wrong to be gay/bi and I´ll belive you until then don´t say it because it pisses people off.

(DAMN thats alot of typing......)

omg omg I am SO excited I wish I checked on this sooner I hope you come back to read it. ok my big reveal.
1) your avi is very cool
2) being gay is wrong; your human your imperfect it can't be helped. humans make mistakes
3) I did say only the Ibrahemic if you read my second post
4) I know the Bible is screwed
5) I am NOT hear NOT NOT CHristian. I'M A MUSLIM.
OH IM SO HAPPY I CAN FINALLY SAY IT. TIME FOR A REAL DEBATE.
>OK THE QU'RAN HAS NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BEEN CHANGED AND IT SAYS ITS WRONG. WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN THE FACT THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED. YOU CAN'T ARGUE, HOW DO YOU KNOW? PICK UP THE OLDEST TEXT AROUND. IT IS THE SAME AS EVER. GOD DOES EXIST. IT IS MY DUTY AS A MUSLIM TO MAKE YOU SEE THAT.
>THE PROOF IS ALL AROUND YOU. THAT MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ARE EITHER JEW MUSLIM OR CHRISTIAN. TO QUOTE ERAGON, SO MANY PEOPLE CAN'T BE WRONG. AND EVEN THOSE WHO AREN'T, THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD BELIEVE IN SOME SORT OF DIVINITY. SOME GREATER POWER. DON'T YOU PRAY? LIKE SAY TO YOURSLEF, OH PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? WHY HOPE IF LIFE IS ALL CHANCE. THINGS ONLY HAPPEN BY GOD'S WILL. PEOPLE PRAY BECAUSE THEY HOPE SOME DIVINE POWER WILL HEAR THEIR PRAYER AND GRANT IT. YOUR PRAYER IS MEANINGLESS IF NO ONE HEARS IT. WHY BOTHER THINK/SAY IT? AGAIN, PROOF IS ALL AROUND YOU. BUT MAINLY IN THE QURAN. THE QURAN ALONE IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED. THE FACT IT EVEN EXISTS. THE PROPHETS WERE REAL. THEIR MESSAGES TRUE.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I BEG OF YOU READ THE TRANSLATED VERSION OF THE QURAN. YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. EVERY ONE WHO READS IT IS SO SURPRISED BY THE MEANING OF ITS WORDS. PLEASE. THERE IS NOTHING IN THERE YOU CAN ARGUE WITH AND IF THERE IS PM ME. I'LL EXPLAIN. THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD FIND SOMETHING TO ARGUE IS IF YOU MISUNDERSTOOD. I BESEECH ( heart THAT WORD) YOU, PICK IT UP AND READ THE TRANSLATION FROM START TO FINISH. IT HOLDS SO MUCH WISDOM. ITS OUR GUIDE IN LIFE. ALSO I HAVE OTHER BOOKS TO RECOMEND TO YOU. READ: STRUGGLING TO SURRENDER. ITS ABOUT A GUY WHO WAS SOME DIVISION OF CHRISTIANITY & HOW HE BECAME ATHIEST AND FINALLY MUSLIM. ITS A BEAUTIFUL BOOK. I HAVEN'T FINISHED IT YET BUT AGAIN YOU WONT BE DIAPPOINTED. IF YOU READ BOTH ENTIRELY AND HONESTLY I WILL GIVE YOU 6000 GOLD OR MORE. MAYBE EVEN 10,000. I DONT CARE. READ IT. THE QURAN IS BEAUTIFUL. LISTENING TO SOMEONE RECITE IT MAKES YOU FEEL SO TRANQUIL.

I realize I have touched upon a sensitive subject but it is one that needs to be addressed. Is the Iraq war gonna end if we pretend it isn't going on? of course not. believe me. i thought being gay was controllable but my mom put it all in perspective. Allah wouldn't force upon someone something that is forbidden. that is just so backwards. I have other books I want to recommend but I can't remember now. I'm not asking you to convert but PLEASE read it. many people from Christianity or some other religion become Athiests because it couldn't answer their questions and dissipate their doubts. but the Qur'an and Islam can. I am the happiest person in the world. I am so grateful I was born Muslim. and didn't have to go through conversion. I can't imagine how hard it is for someone to change their beliefs. please read the Qur'an. I think you'll be surprised as to what you read. I really hope you do.
I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for religion. Religion does often come with things that are annoying, but it does more good for you than you realize (the things you find to be annoying are in fact helping you, well in Islam at least). you don't have to convert. no not at all (although if you did idk I'd get you something expensive off your wishlist. lol probably nothing) it is purely your decision. heh what am I saying? you haven't even read the books yet. well I'm come check on this tomorow.

I almost forgot. I AM NOT PREJUDICE AGAINST GAYS OR BI'S. just becuz I disapprove of it does not mean I am going to treat that person badly. I do not discriminate against ANYONE. In Islam wearing pants above the knees is forbidden. everyone does that, even some Muslims who aren't strongly religious. but NEVER, I repeat NEVER have I EVER insulted someone for dressing differently than me. I compliment people all the time. "Your skirt is adorable". I have many American friends and we get along just fine. I do not let our differences get in the way, nor do I try to convert them to my ways. I only TELL them about Islam and what it requires of ME. I am not racist nor anything else you could possibly come up with. nor am I "filled with ****". Islam is logical. gasp! religion can be logical? Islam can. and not only that. there is no clash between it and science too. in fact, there is science in the Qur'an. theres this whole book about it. its actually short. cant remember the name!

ill get the name soon
I hope you read this through and through.
hope to see you soon mrgreen
Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:01 am
ugh. remind me never to read the qur'an rolleyes does it condone bribery as well?  

Iconised Ghost

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 am
no it doesnt confused
and if you dont want the gold fine
its called encouragement. not bribery. I've said all I can to encourage. what more can I do? The gold was an offer, not a bribe. if you don't want it fine. I can donate it to someone else.

also, plz go back and reread my other post. have been continuously editting it now and I would appreciate it if you skimmed it again to make sure u got everything.

Sweet Days! blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:57 am
Secret Angel 3
no it doesnt confused
its called encouragement. not bribery. I've said all I can to encourage. what more can I do? The gold was an offer, not a bribe. if you don't want it fine. I can donate it to someone else.

also, plz go back and reread my other post. have been continuously editting it now and I would appreciate it if you skimmed it again to make sure u got everything.

Sweet Days! blaugh

i got everything i wanted to know about religion a long time ago thanks  

Iconised Ghost

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:09 am
Iconised Ghost
Secret Angel 3
no it doesnt confused

Sweet Days! blaugh

i got everything i wanted to know about religion a long time ago thanks

hmmmm are you atheist? because if you are you obviously didn't. if someone really got to know everything there is about religion and the wisdom behind it then they wouldn't be atheist. I've never met a Muslim who converted to something else or left the religion. Being apart of a religion is very fulfilling (note: when I say religion I do not mean a cult. got it?).

What can I say or do to convince you to at least read a page of the Qur'an? Obviously you think very low of religion. I don't know much about other religions or anything of which you went through to make you feel bad towards religion, but I do know Islam is the best religion there is. Christianity and Jewdiasm (I cant spell the word) were the predecessors. so they are presumably just as noble. In fact, many religions preach the same ethics and ideals.

Do you know Greek from ABC Family? I like that Christian guy or whatever he is. Especially the episode where he tries to get the black guy to stop being gay (sorry but I stink at remembering names). I just felt disappointed that he gave up. but still, I like ABC Family's semi effort in that. but anyway. I am so off topic.

do you mind if I ask what experiences you went through to say that? I'm very curious. you know what, dont read the Qur'an. but read the book Struggling to Surrender. It truly is wonderful. check it out from a library.
you won't be diappointed.

also, one more thing, I would appreciate it if you didn't insinuate things you know nothing about. Islam does not condone bribery nor any other sinful/wrong act.

Did you know (of course not) that Allah (swt) aka "God" has 99 names which describe his attributes as God. You can find them all here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_names_of_God#List_of_Names
read them.

ok well. thats it for this post. I dont know much of what else to say.
you know I would love to meet an atheist in real life to discuss these sorts of issues with them and learn why they became atheists. I would also like to dispel many of the lies spread about us. and explain in depth in other topics people are confused about. oh! I'll go ahead and make another topic about what people know/think about Islam. I am SO happy. this is very exciting.

Sweet Days! blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 pm
I am not an atheist at this point in time
Just because you havent met a muslim who converted to something else, doesnt mean they dont exist. I've never met George Bush but he (unfortunately) exists
You cant convince me to read the Qur'an sorry, or Stuggling to Surrender. or the link you posted
I have never seen ABC family
I did not insinuate that Islam condone's bribery or any other "sinful" act. I asked you if it did.
I knew God has many different names, who doesnt know that.

Man this thread has gone way of topic xp  

Iconised Ghost

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:50 pm
I agree it's gone off way topic.. lol..

I don't think many gay/lesbian people will bother posting in here because they get enough religious dogma shoved down their throats offline without having to deal with it online as well.. and someone telling you that being what you are is wrong gets tiresome.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:51 am
Fine then. Don't read the books. I don't care. I did my part. I told you what I had to and you chose not to respond. My life isn't going to end. I say all this for your sakes. not mine. But if choose to be stubborn that is not my problem. Again, I did my part. If you don't care, then I don't either.
BUT. being gay is still wrong.
ANYWAY

Shall we get back on topic? I originally posted this because I wanted to know if there was a relation between being atheist and being gay. Do you know people who are gay? If so, are they athiest? If yes again then I would assume a relationship between being gay and athiest does exist.
Do you agree with THAT?

Also, this would appear to be a loosing a battle on my part as NO ONE seems to agree with me that being gay is wrong.
(final argument cuz I give up. I admit defeat. don't bother countering with something mean and offensive saying I'm spewing nonsense. just answer my questions honestly. this is what I think and if my "logic" seems biased cuz of religion correct me/point it out and tell me in what way) See, when you take away religion, you take away limits. People who are athiest dont believe in God/punishment/afterlife. What is stop them from doing anything? What could sway to give to the poor? nothing. this is their only life and their gonna live it the fullest doing what they want however they want to. Since obviously I'm not athiest I wanna ask those who are, what drives you to do good? be good? you don't believe in heaven. you probably do it cuz you believe it is the "right thing to do". What would stop an athiest from killing for money or something? nothing. they command their own lives. They have 1 life to live and they're gonna live it how they want to.

I would like to add that I bet many of you hate me now and have added me to your ignore list. But do realize I said from the very beginning I do not approve of either being gay or athiest and I invited others to argue. So don't hate me for what I believe or say (becuz I don't feel that way toward you). I am firm in my position and think it to be fact which is why I'm trying to convince you to "see the truth". If someone was eating cereal with a fork wouldn't you tell them that that's wrong and your supposed to eat cereal with a spoon? well that's what I'm trying to do for you -convince that being gay is wrong and that being straight is right. I just thought of this. so if straight ppl are straight does that make gays crooked? the terms themselves are prejudice or whatever. Anyway, since I' not sure how many of you got the message, I don't discriminate against gays, nor do I treat them differently than any other person. I don't hate the guy for eating cereal with a fork. That's stupid. I created this topic to have this discussion, but otherwise I don't care. For some reason I feel the need to defend my character. I am a nice person. I talk about Ipods anime Robin Williams Paris Hilton and Pirates of the Carrabean. So don't hate me and diss me for what I think. and if you don't and found all my blather stupid, senseless, and pointless don't bother saying it. I'm not going to apologize for what I've said and what I believe. and you if think I've taken this too far and am off topic again, don't bother saying that either. Also, I realize my super long post probably makes me look idiotic, but I've decided to keep it instead of deleting it like I was planning to because maybe someone else who happens to read will get curious enough to at least look it up on the net. you never know. I just might end up reaching out to someone afterall.

do i write too much or what confused

ok summary:
1)am I right in that there is a relationship between being gay and athiest?
2)if you are athiest, what drives you to be good since you dont believe in God/punichment/Hell and Heaven?
3)-I just thought of this. so stupid. I should have asked this from the very begining- If you are athiest, why don't you believe in God? I know this is "off topic" but I thought since we're on the subject why not ask because creating another topic based on this would be considered spamming I think.
4)Have I completed failed in at least letting you contemplate the issue more? Do I just seem like "I have a lot to learn"? *sigh*
5)i dont know. I'm getting kind of sick of this thread cuz no one seems to agree in the least. I mean if I really wanted to write this much for no one to care I would have written that memoir I was planning to write. if you still care to answer and continue this argument it would make nothing more than happier. but if your getting sick of it too then write up some last comment thing and I won't bother replying anymore. i think its my tiredness speaking. Its 4:30 am here. I'll renew my vigor with a fulfilling sleep! mrgreen

hope to see a reply soon! rofl

Sweet Days! blaugh

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:46 pm
I don't hate you nor do I dislike you, I just feel you're a little sheltered, is all. My comment above wasn't just for you, it was a general statement cause you're not the only person that see's things the way you do.

I do, however, think your views are a little distorted, no offense, I'm honestly speaking without any ill will or hostility, I just don't get where your question about being atheist should only apply to gay people when I know lots of straight people that are atheist and to be honest, the gay people I do know are not atheist. The question itself just seems like it's based on a stereotype or presumption. The question you have about what drives an atheist to do good/wrong/etc could easily be directed towards heteros.. one's relationship with God or what drives them to make good decisions in life have nothing to do with their sexual orientation. It's kind like you're implying that gay people don't know how to make decisions or function in life, when that could be said about anyone regardless of sexual preference.

Maybe it's your duty in your religion to spread the word and your beliefs, but you also have to remember and respect that we all have a right to refuse it and deny it.

I, myself, am not gay nor an atheist.. so I can't speak for them on that account, but I do speak as a supporter of their right to be who they are without being looked down upon or spoken against. I don't like to see anyone ganged up on, bullied, shunned, etc.. for reasons they have no control over, period. It's just not right. (and I didn't need a book to tell me that it's not right either, it's what I feel inside) wink

My response to your Summary:
1-I don't think there is a "winning" answer to this because we all have our own views on it and I doubt any of us is willing to budge on what we believe.

2-Does not apply to me. I'm not "formally" religious, but I do believe a higher power exists.

3-N/A

4-To be honest, with no intentions of being offensive or rude, I do think you still have a lot to learn.. only because your views seem one sided and being you don't know any gay people in real life it doesn't make sense to me that you'd have all these preconceived ideas about what kind of people they are.. and it seems your ideas are based on what you've read rather than what you've been exposed to or what you've experienced.

5-Well.. lol.. actually, there is some agreement in the thread, it's just that it's not with your views. I applaud your effort to see your point through, though. It's obvious those of us in here care somewhat or we wouldn't have entered this thread.. but just as quick as the flame flares, it dies out.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:50 am
Ugh here we go...

First of all I have read parts of the Qur'an and the bible and I still don´t believe i god.

It´s no point in trying to convert me, the only religon that has any appeal to me is buddhism.

When I have the time I will read the Qur'an, the bible, the Bagavagita, "A bhuddist book" (haven´t found any yet) and I will read them because I need to understand how people think, in the age we live in we need to see past what we don´t agree on and focus on what we do agree on, to achieve world peace.

And since no one here is gay or bi apparently, that makes me feel obligated to hang my self out to the slaughter, I´m bi-curious.

First I second everything that oHNo3 wrote above me.

And now to the questions.

1) No I don´t think that I know alot of gay/bi persons that believe in god.

2) Ehh my common sense, if it hurts people you should not do it....

3) I did believe in god before but I have seen to much evil s**t in the world to think that he is real anymore.

4) Ehh what?

5) Bah don´t go just because no one is on your side, it´s is still a very interesting debate 3nodding  

Thanatos Phoenix

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:49 am
Just found this thread so I'll just answer the questions

1. I have bi-sexual friends that are christian. They feel that they are not sinning because look at the bible, the teachings in it have changed so many times it's hard to determine what IS right or wrong in the bible.
2. Not athiest but any person is capable of knowing the difference of right and wrong without believing in god.
3.Not athiest
4. Everyone has a lot to learn. I used to believe everyone was wrong about their ideas and I was right. But then i decided to shut my trap and open my mind. I learned a lot more that way.
5. Don't wuss out because no one agrees with you.

Oh and I'm a bi-curious Christian that married a bi-sexual Christian/Wiccan, have a nice day. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:42 pm
I like a lot of what everyone wrote 3nodding
and I'm not wussing out. You see I never meant for this to go this far. I never thought anyone would really respond. but now that alot have I guess my argument wasn't ready for testing (it wasn't even much of an argument. I muddle up my thoughts when I try to express them). Now, a lot of the things that goes on in America disagrees with my religion. But then again, I am still an active participent (no I dont do the extreme things like drugs or whatever. I curse sometimes and make mistakes. I watch their movies and hear their music. I've seen the dirty stuff). And I am still learning and growing. There is ALOT I don't know about my own religion. I don't even do all 5 prayers each day (however I add up all the ones I miss so I can make up them up later). So I promised myself I wouldn't get into this kind of debate thing until I was confident I could respond well, because otherwise I just make myself look bad. Like I don't tell my friends that wear mini skirts your dressed like hoes, because who am I to say that to them? But seeing this extended discussion thing made me think this is my chance to reach out to others.
Did you know its my dream to travel the world? I want to know everything about everything. I don't want to go just sight-seeing. I want to meet the people and learn their cultures and see how they see the world. I know there is a lot I don't know, which actually makes me sad. I've lived in the same community for a long time. Everyone around me moves but my family is the stationary people. We're the people you always see when someone who left comes back to visit. so yeah. I've never meant anyone different from myself (not Muslim) except when I went to a public middle school. but everyone was so different from me that I just couldn't relate and I never got close to anyone there. the only ppl I could relate to were other Muslims like myself because they had problems like mine. We shared the same joys, the same pressures. Dating and all that boyfriend drama? can't relate because I can't date in the first place and I don't care to. movies music and all that celebrity ****. I was totally clueless. They actually applauded me when I cursed for the first time and I thought what a backwards society. so the point is, I'm not wussing out.
It's just that now I realize I don't have the knowledge nor the linguistic skill to back up what I'm saying. I know being gay is wrong. But because I have yet to meet someone who is gay and observe their behavior and lifestyle, I can't defend why. But don't get me wrong. I'm gona keep researching until I can prove it unbiased by religion wink

now to respond to your posts directly:
oHNo3: I know not all athiests are gays. What I'm thinking is that all gays are athiests. Its not that I think gays can't function in life. Its more that I think athiests can't function in life because they have no boundaries in behavior. Now I'm not saying all athiests are Amy Winehouses. no. I just think that not having those limitations that are set in religion will make them take advantage of the freedom they feel. They will be more likely to make mistakes (drinking/drugs/etc/stealing) because the only thing in their way is themselves; whereas Muslims for example we know God is ALWAYS watching us (what about when we go to the bathroom? yes I think so. lol) as in he always knows what we're doing, what we're thinking, and our intentions. We feel pressured to always be good and are always aware of oursleves and actions. You see how that works? not that gays/athiests aren't good or smart no. Obviously, Thanatos Phoenix has a VERY good head on his shoulders. its just that I feel because athiests are not rassured by God's presence/heaven/hell, that they are more likely to mess up in life. Of course, even Muslims make mistakes. we're by no means perfect. We brought the war upon ourselves. All of America misunderstands us because we have failed to reach out to them. Then Saddam goes and ruins everything. The good side is, now we are being forced to stand up for ourselves. We're becoming more active. and thats very good. Yes alright, you and everyone else have the right to refuse/deny what I say 3nodding I won't be a supporter of being gay, but I do believe that they shouldn't be treated any differently than others rolleyes (but I still think its controllable). A lot of my thoughts are based on what my mom says, and I think she's the best momma in the world. and no my admiration for her DOES NOT affect the way I concieve her opinions. I asked on her if she thinks people are born gay, because I thought they were. I do watch American television about their struggles etc. but she immediately retorted that no way they are born that way and ppl make themselves gay (but she did not deny it could be possible they are born that way). I pondered it for a long time and I think she's right. There are many reasons too (everytime we talk about something in our religion we always come up with "the wisdom behind it" which makes me even more faithful in my religion every time, because if I said I didn't have doubts at first I would be lieing). And yes, what I know is from what I've read. Like I said, I never met a gay or athiest and sat down and talked with them about these things. I want to know how they get to where they are.
Thank you for responding biggrin
so much writing crying
Thanatos Phoenix: I was looking forward to your reply. Actually I've been very anxious since I posted that super long post. I think I went to far(dont comment)... Anyway, eek YOU'VE REALLY READ surprised THE QUR'AN!?!?! eek Like thoroughly? yeah Buddhism is cool cool It's teachings are similar to Islam I think. You are totally right. World peace is my main concern. I think people who start war are retarded. You know conquerers from the past? I think they are retarded. Why the hell would you extinguish your resources and kill off your people for land that you can't maintain? Why not focus on letting your uh kingdom? flourish and then spreading peacefully? Why does it have to go to war? uuuh whats bi-curious?
1) I don't think they would....
2) not everyone is as reasonable as you. there are lots of little and big things that happen in your life. Every moment is a test in which to practice/apply applaudable behavior. people who do bad things do it because they feel they can get away with it. If you feel you can't get away with it your not going to do it. I'm not saying that without God you are guarenteed to misbehave, but knowing he is watching you is a safeguard so you never feel tempted.
3) just because bad things happen does not mean God is not there. The world was created WITH problems. If the world is perfect, what is the point of existance? Our goal right now is to reach perfection. But if we already have it, there is nothing to strive for, and thus no reason for living. God created us and our life on Earth is a test. We live to worship God because he gave us life in the first place. The test is to see how we apply his teachings, and if we succeed we are rewarded by going to heaven. Eternal happiness. And should we fail, we go to hell. eternal pain. We muslims, at least the very faithful and true believers, are very contempt no matter how poor or ugly or misfortunate we are, because we know after this short life of misery, if we succeeded in life and lived our best in service of God's will, we will be rewarded with eternal happiness. We think what is 50 years of raising a disabled child or giving money to others when you could use it to improve your own life compared to happily forever after? Because of this belief, you find we are very calm, stressless people. We never have any of the drama you find in America (that's why Arab reality shows are SO dull and boring and the plot just drags on for 1 problem. no extremes to be found).
You know, I'm not sure what I'll do. I think I've said all that I want to. depending how you guys respond is whether or not I'll continue to debate. but I don't think I have much to debate anymore. I see where your coming from and I think this post will clear up a lot of things. so I don't know. lol. anyway, I'm glad I made this thread. because even if I didn't convince you guys of anything, I hope at least you'll like Muslims more rofl or at least understand a little more of where we're coming from (that is, where we're coming from is directly from God xd ).
Pineapple07: not going to bother. I'm not wussing. whats a bi-curious? What's a wiccan?
Have A Nive Day right back at ya smile

like OMG eek I've been typing for like 2 ************* hours burning_eyes eh rolleyes its worth it wink

Sweet Days! blaugh

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:52 am
I have not read the Qur'an from start to end just parts of it (it´s mandatory in Swedish schools.)

Buddhism is based of Hinduism and nothing else.

wikipedia
Bi-curious is a term used to refer to someone who does not identify as bisexual or homosexual but feels or show some interest in a relationship or sexual activity with someone of the same sex.

I have never had any problems with Arabs or any other type of people as long as they don´t hurt others they can do what ever they like, I really don´t care.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:38 pm
Thanks Than for covering the bi-curious

Wicca
http://www.reference.com/search?q=Wicca  

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:19 pm
Secret Angel 3

Its more that I think athiests can't function in life because they have no boundaries in behavior. Now I'm not saying all athiests are Amy Winehouses. no. I just think that not having those limitations that are set in religion will make them take advantage of the freedom they feel. They will be more likely to make mistakes (drinking/drugs/etc/stealing) because the only thing in their way is themselves; whereas Muslims for example we know God is ALWAYS watching us (what about when we go to the bathroom? yes I think so. lol) as in he always knows what we're doing, what we're thinking, and our intentions. We feel pressured to always be good and are always aware of oursleves and actions.

Atheists dont believe in God, it doesnt mean that they dont have morals or boundaries. The only thing in their way is not just themselves, just because they dont have a God to disappoint or a religion to live up to, doesnt mean that they dont have family expectations, people that they love and want to make proud, responsibilities to other people. Personally i think that if there is a heaven, the only people going there are athiests mrgreen  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff