Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Are you gay/lesbian? and if yes, are you atheist? and why. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you gay/lesbian or atheist?
  no -_- neither
  I'm an atheist and proud of it!
  Lesbian
  Gay. Why put a lesbian option? The general term is gay.
  I'm Bi!
  I'm Bi! and atheist!
  Both >=D I'd gladly defend my position!
  Just getting gold...
View Results

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:16 am
Iconised Ghost
Secret Angel 3

Its more that I think athiests can't function in life because they have no boundaries in behavior. Now I'm not saying all athiests are Amy Winehouses. no. I just think that not having those limitations that are set in religion will make them take advantage of the freedom they feel. They will be more likely to make mistakes (drinking/drugs/etc/stealing) because the only thing in their way is themselves; whereas Muslims for example we know God is ALWAYS watching us (what about when we go to the bathroom? yes I think so. lol) as in he always knows what we're doing, what we're thinking, and our intentions. We feel pressured to always be good and are always aware of oursleves and actions.

Atheists dont believe in God, it doesnt mean that they dont have morals or boundaries. The only thing in their way is not just themselves, just because they dont have a God to disappoint or a religion to live up to, doesnt mean that they dont have family expectations, people that they love and want to make proud, responsibilities to other people. Personally i think that if there is a heaven, the only people going there are athiests mrgreen
HAHAHA thats going to get you eaten up xd  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:22 am
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
Secret Angel 3

Its more that I think athiests can't function in life because they have no boundaries in behavior. Now I'm not saying all athiests are Amy Winehouses. no. I just think that not having those limitations that are set in religion will make them take advantage of the freedom they feel. They will be more likely to make mistakes (drinking/drugs/etc/stealing) because the only thing in their way is themselves; whereas Muslims for example we know God is ALWAYS watching us (what about when we go to the bathroom? yes I think so. lol) as in he always knows what we're doing, what we're thinking, and our intentions. We feel pressured to always be good and are always aware of oursleves and actions.

Atheists dont believe in God, it doesnt mean that they dont have morals or boundaries. The only thing in their way is not just themselves, just because they dont have a God to disappoint or a religion to live up to, doesnt mean that they dont have family expectations, people that they love and want to make proud, responsibilities to other people. Personally i think that if there is a heaven, the only people going there are athiests mrgreen

Thats ok. I can defend my position xd it actually makes sense if you think about it  

Iconised Ghost

Schoonmaker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:14 am
It actually isn't against Christianity. Read Homosexuality is Not a Sin: What Christ Said and More (just use the search in the forums)

And as for my opinion: I personally am not lesbian but I'm not against it, my aunt is happily married to another woman.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:04 pm
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
Secret Angel 3

Thats ok. I can defend my position xd it actually makes sense if you think about it

no I'm not annoyed in the least. And yes, that does make sense, however what I said makes sense too, if you think about it twisted

just wondering, did you read through everything I wrote. I know its a lot so I was just wondering if you actually did.

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:06 pm
Schoonmaker
It actually isn't against Christianity. Read Homosexuality is Not a Sin: What Christ Said and More (just use the search in the forums)

And as for my opinion: I personally am not lesbian but I'm not against it, my aunt is happily married to another woman.

thanx for your input. I never knew that (obviously). I think I will read that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
I have not read the Qur'an from start to end just parts of it (it´s mandatory in Swedish schools.)

Buddhism is based of Hinduism and nothing else.

wikipedia
Bi-curious is a term used to refer to someone who does not identify as bisexual or homosexual but feels or show some interest in a relationship or sexual activity with someone of the same sex.

I have never had any problems with Arabs or any other type of people as long as they don´t hurt others they can do what ever they like, I really don´t care.

I didn't say that Buddhism is based in Islam. I just said that I think they have similar teachings.

bi-curious. I don't how to phrase what I want to say. I need more time to think about it. the whole "sexual preference" thing. I'm not gonna get into bi. this is about completely gay. so yeah. maybe a little farther down the line. now with school and my clubs I have like no time to think. I've never gone so long without coming on gaia.

I'm glad you don't care about Muslims. well, you know what I mean. but again, not everyone thinks like you. there are many people out there who hate us because they are misinformed due to the media. if not anything else, at least there's one thing we can agree on, Bush! mrgreen

Sweet Days! blaugh

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:17 pm
Double/triple posting is not allowed in the subforums as well as in the general forum

I think i read everything you posted, except links etc. Unless you went back and editted them  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:09 pm
I have something to tell you that might shock you o.o There is more to the sexual minority community than gays/les/bis

Allow me to introduce you to the gay alphebet XD it is LGBTQQIPPA It stands for Lesbian Gay Bi-sexual Trans-sexual Queer Questioning Intersex Pansexual Polyamourous A-sexual

I think you all know the meanings of Lesbian, Gay, and Bi. Trans-sexual is someone who was born a certain gender and decides to live as the opposite gender. Example: A person is born male, but feels they were supposed to be female, so they dress like one. If they have enough money, they can eventually get a m-to-f gender re-assignment surgery. I actually have a love interest who is m-to-f trans-gender ^^ She's really cool.

Queer is a really cool term for people who don't feel they fit into the other definitions. ^^ They can also be Gender-Queer, which means they don't identify as either male or female.

Questioning is self explanatory. Someone who is exploring their sexuality. I think I read the term bi-curious in this thread, it's kinda the same thing ^^

Intersex is someone who was born with both male and female parts. Alot of people outside of the queer community know them as hermaphrodites, but most prefer not to be called that term.

Pan-sexual (which is what I identify as) means that you find attractions to all people of all gender types. I personally think every person in this world is beautiful and have no sense of what the word "ugly" means ^^

Let's break down polyamourous into two words. Poly means many, and amoury means love. So in a sense it means "many loves". So basically three or more people feel love for each other and have a relationship together.

An A-sexual is someone who does not find sex attractive. Mostly, they aren't really interested in having sexual relationships with people, but the ones I know are still very friendly and caring. ^^

As for the topic of being atheist, I really don't know much about that subject, sorry I couldn't be more help there. I don't really choose to go to church, but I do believe that God is a loving God and accepts people for who they are no matter what ^^  

Jukebox System

Shy Bunny

10,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

walkingundine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 am
Checking in with my two cents:
1. I'm pansexual. I've had relatively few partners, but they've been male, female, and transgender.
2. I'm not part of an organized religion- but that does not make me an atheist. I'm pagan, and I do have a code of conduct which derives from my beliefs. That code has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of people I like to sleep with.

For that matter- I was brought up Jewish. In Leviticus, there is a passage that's commonly translated as a prohibition against the practice of gay sex. Argument about translation aside, that line is moot for Christians, if I understand correctly, because Christ's status as Messiah is believed to supersede the Old Testament. That said, I think all we have about Jesus not liking homosexuality comes from a gospel- that is, from words written by his ostensible apostles years after his death. Jesus' actual opinion may have precious little to do with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:00 pm
i was christian and bi last year because the youth leaders at our church told us god loved us and it didnt matter if we gay / lesbian but lasy year one of my friends brought her gf to youth group and they told her she was gonna go to hell for being bi

so now i still do believe in god and go to youth group but i dont follow the 'rules' in this religion  

CupcakeUnicorn346

5,100 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:10 pm
Shool takes up so much time. sorry for triple posting but I wanted to respond to everyone.

wow. eek lots of terms. I have heard of the people who are born with both female and male parts. 3 people in a relationship. wow. I'm learning left and right. lol. anyway.

well I guess this disproves my theory. all the peoples who aren't classified as straight, minus one, say they believe in God. soooo Idk.

to say the least, I'm glad you all believe. that alone is like crossing a huge line, in a good way.

ok. I've decided I'm, no longer gonna argue the issue, but I still want people to post their perspective on both issues. sort of like a survey or poll.

Sweet Days! blaugh

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas