Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
trying, but most likely will fail

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

can i do it?
  yes.
  no!
View Results

No Safe Tea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:49 pm
so yeah, i am very weak, and would like to try to change that, although im sure i will fail, seeing as i know nothing about this.

i have 5 pund 6 pound and 15 pound weights in my house and im wondering if someone could help me start a schedule of when and how to use them?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:39 pm
I'm no expert myself, but first off, I'd start with the lightest weights you have, and work up to the heavier ones. Most sources I've come across recommend doing weight lifting/strength training at least every other day.

I could probably do some research for basic reps and moves if you'd like. biggrin  

Illefyia

No Safe Tea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:07 pm
that would be sooo helpful, thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 pm
Here is a link to a website that is all about the basics of beginning strength training/weight lifting.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exbeginners/a/begstrength.htm

It should cover most of the things you should know. Hope it's helpful! 3nodding  

Illefyia

Aaditya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:40 pm
5 and 15 pound weights are pretty good, but you would build functional strength a bit faster if you did push ups and the like. If you tell me you would like to strengthen the most, I could link some exercises for the muscle groups as well as some antagonistic muscle pairs and supporting muscles to help avoid injury.

Also, get the idea out of your head that you won't see improvements. The human body is a wonderful thing, and as long as you give the muscles you exercise adequate nutrition and 48 hours' rest in between exercises, you will improve, no matter what.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:39 pm
To be stronger, lift heavier weights with less repetition.
To tone up, lift lighter weights with more repetition.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items