Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
Naruto... what do you think of it in english? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

favorite out of the three
  naruto
  sakura
  sasuke
View Results

Konbanwa_megami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:55 pm
well the only word that comes to mind is.... "different" at the moment....
-edit- also try to look at the positive things too ^ ^;;;  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:19 pm
The way Naruto is said is annoying, and editing the thing for the 9pm block in the US was moronic. It belongs as close to original as it can be in the 11pm-2am block, on Adult Swim, dammit  

Andis_Sesshomaru

Enigmatic Trickster

6,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Warspyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:03 pm
Andis_Sesshomaru
The way Naruto is said is annoying, and editing the thing for the 9pm block in the US was moronic. It belongs as close to original as it can be in the 11pm-2am block, on Adult Swim, dammit

I strongly concur. For god sakes, they gave it a "PG" rating and there's barely any blood and stuff like the original. It's just not funny to Yoroi flying without a nosebleed after Naruto does that Harem jutsu.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:19 pm
I've only seen the English version, but I'm pretty sure they've pronounced Sakura wrong...

Naruto says "Believe it!" waaay too much...  

RaineDrops18

Fashionable Sweetheart

24,515 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Darc Windalf

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:30 pm
MyOhMai-chan
I know it gets really irritating. Drives me nuts!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:57 pm
Yeah, the last episode I remember, he said it at least 5 times!

I think Hinata's eyes are a little weird. You know, the girl that likes Naruto? They look kinda like she's possesed...  

FickleLittleBitchRomance

redmoondarkeye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:44 pm
It's ok  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:01 pm
Cartoon Network DESTROYED Naruto. They censored out the nose bleed, wth.
I liked the non-dubbed one so much more.  

atsumaru

RaineDrops18

Fashionable Sweetheart

24,515 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:58 pm
Wish I could've seen Naruto and Sasuke kiss...yaoi goodness...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:31 pm
i dont watch it. i saw half an episode and decided i would rather shoot myself!  

Memory_of_Earth

Konbanwa_megami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:43 pm
MyOhMai-chan
I've only seen the English version, but I'm pretty sure they've pronounced Sakura wrong...

my god!!! i know!!!! WTF?!! HE DOESNT EVEN SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THE ORIGINAL ONE!!!! this soo pisses me off.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:00 pm
I saw it's pretty good, and to all you people mad at the voices or say the way they pronouce it sucks!!! XD just to say it takes pain staking hours to make these dvds just so you could get them into your hands ((goes with anime going on tv too ^^; wink ) and all you guys say as you sit on your lazy asses say "I hate his voice" or "they need tpo pronounce naruto right" Think if you were the voice actor it's pretty tough to get the voices right, and to get the words right when the lips move on the screen is even tougher.
You all should also be happy that they actually kept the backround music, though they did put up a 5 minute made beginning and ending song, at least they didn't make all these 5 minute backrounds too like one piece.
So please go a little bit easier on Naruto...if you think about it's actually pretty good O_o  

Elastic Muffin

Konbanwa_megami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 pm
MyOhMai-chan
Wish I could've seen Naruto and Sasuke kiss...yaoi goodness...
LMFAO!!! That was the best part!!!! and people dont really care for it in the english version... they ruined the humor in naruto  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:49 pm
Kenshin 392
I saw it's pretty good, and to all you people mad at the voices or say the way they pronouce it sucks!!! XD just to say it takes pain staking hours to make these dvds just so you could get them into your hands ((goes with anime going on tv too ^^; wink ) and all you guys say as you sit on your lazy asses say "I hate his voice" or "they need tpo pronounce naruto right" Think if you were the voice actor it's pretty tough to get the voices right, and to get the words right when the lips move on the screen is even tougher.
You all should also be happy that they actually kept the backround music, though they did put up a 5 minute made beginning and ending song, at least they didn't make all these 5 minute backrounds too like one piece.
So please go a little bit easier on Naruto...if you think about it's actually pretty good O_o

yeah I know. I guess its just difficult to watch something in japanese then go back to see all that you loved of it altered.... if I actually watched the japanese version first in all of the anime I watch I wouldnt be able to enjoy the english version. the original voice becomes part of their personality and you have to expect that things will change... Its just easier to complain and point out the few bad things then to point out the many things they did ok.  

Konbanwa_megami

zimthemighty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:09 pm
they need to put it on adult swim, naruto needs to sop saying believe it in every other sentence and they need to put the violence and blood back in it....damn you cartoon network  
JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games