Paper or plastic?
  Paper
  Plastic
  Screw you, I use diapers
  Pollwhore~
View Results

The Chexed Nut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:17 am
I think of the strangest things while at school and in the bathroom. Funnily enough, thinking about tampons vs. pads took place while I was listening to my government teacher last Friday.

I grew up wearing pads and that's what I prefer. Some say they're bulky, gross and uncomfortable while others would rather not risk their health with the whole toxic shock syndrome. There are some girls who would rather wear a tampon for its easy portability and inconspicuous appearance.

Discuss:
Pads
Tampons
Brand names
Other countries' toiletries
Sanitary methods
Anything else girly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:20 am
    I wonder if this thread title is stereotypically making any guys shift uncomfortably as they read it.

I started on pads but when I ran out of them one time I went to my mom's bathroom to take from her stash and she only had tampons, so I read the directions and used them. Used them ever since. I hate applicators, though. I don't see their point. I use O.b. brand.
    I don't think for me it's about portability or appearance. It's just more comfortable to me and I don't have to worry about...leakage nearly as much, if at all.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:32 am
*clenches rump* >.<

This reminds me of the time when I had to explain to my sister how to use tampons or pads, and she would ask me questions about which is more comfortable, which then moved on to her irrational fear that if she touches a guy while she's having her period, or close to it, she'll get pregnant. I eventually just told her "Use whatever's comfortable, and no, you will not get pregnant."

I suppose the clenching is like shifting uncomfortably, Wakuwaku?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:38 am
Sentama Lin
I suppose the clenching is like shifting uncomfortably, Wakuwaku?

It's your own version... whee

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Serious Erius
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:40 am
wakusei
    I wonder if this thread title is stereotypically making any guys shift uncomfortably as they read it.

gonk
Yes...

Also, tampons...I wonder if vampires use them like popsicles...
Probably not, vampires don't exist, after all...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 pm
I prefer pads. They also provide great cover for when you accidentally let out a little urine during a cough. ;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:24 pm
Jaft
I prefer pads. They also provide great cover for when you accidentally let out a little urine during a cough. ;D
Wow Jaft, just wow... what about for a**l leakage?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:25 pm
Then you have to buy the pads with wings. ;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:25 pm
I enjoy that the majority of responses at the moment are from guys. :3

@Erius: I'd imagine more like teabags than popsicles.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:44 pm
Meh, I use both. I only really use tampons at night. There's not a huge risk of TSS if you only use them sometimes. It's just not good to leave them there for a long time. But if you use a tampon right before you go to bed, and take it out as soon as you wake up there shouldn't be a problem. I don't like wearing them during the day though, so in the day I just use pads.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 pm
Kals is questing again!
I use both, I can't always get to a washroom to change my tampon every 20 minutes when it's saturated and starts leaking (even when using the highest absorbency possible) so a pad is imperative, but using just a pad is messy, smelly, and disgusting... and I can't always get to a washroom to change a pad every half hour or so when my flow is heavy either, so using both buys me enough time to get to the end of class/my coffee break/home from the store/whatever. And no, pantiliners don't help unless it's a super light day like right near the end of my period. They don't stay where you stick them, either, which causes problems.

I almost exclusively use Always brand pads, unless I'm stuck without a choice, then I'll take what I can get. Always pads have good coverage, excellent wings, so they stay put, and they're super thin, so it doesn't feel like having a wad of something stuck between your legs.

As far as tampons are concerned, I use OB when I'm at home and mess is not an issue, but I carry Tampax Compax with me when I know I'm going to have to use a public washroom, the applicator makes it less conspicuous when I come out of the stall to wash my hands -- I don't look quite so much like I just murdered a small animal.

OH! And I really really hate not being able to shower every day when I'm on my period. Right now I have no working shower in my house, and I feel totally disgusting. I have to shower at school. Tomorrow.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:15 pm
Popsicles and teabags? gonk  

Brunswick

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:59 pm
I use tampons for the heavier days of my period, but I have a really light one, so pads really aren't that gross for me. I tend to just end up using tampons for the first two days. I also prefer pads for sleeping in, I don't know why. Probably because the feeling of waking up with a tampon in really grosses me out for some reason.

Tampons make wearing a thong a comfortable experience month-round.

-La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:07 pm
So, I'm like the only person here who can't stand shoving a tampon up the cooch. I don't like the string hanging out and should you shove it inside it's itchy as hell. No thanks. I also don't like the idea of getting blood on my fingers, hell, I don't even like the idea of having to touch any of that area of ******** TAMPONS MAN!  

God-Raped-Me

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:14 pm
God-Raped-Me
So, I'm like the only person here who can't stand shoving a tampon up the cooch. I don't like the string hanging out and should you shove it inside it's itchy as hell. No thanks. I also don't like the idea of getting blood on my fingers, hell, I don't even like the idea of having to touch any of that area of ******** TAMPONS MAN!

I never get blood on my fingers or have to really touch myself almost at all >_>

And besides what's wrong with touching yourself? Even when you're bleeding it's not like it's dirty or anything. Just wash your hands when you're done changing it, same as any other time you're done going to the bathroom.

-La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff