0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It is a job, feed and clothes.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Bode_Well

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:53 pm
It is my first year in nursing school, and there is so much pressure. I have to keep straight A's to elevate in my program, I am on student loans (also known as deeply indebt) but I have never so excited in all my life. I fill like I am doing what I was meant to do my whole life, help people. Watch them get better, or help them die, push those who need to to try harder, and help some relax.

I wonder sometimes if all careers feel this right when they are meant for you. But 4 years of working at Target as taught me that that probably isn't true.

I'll finish this beg, borrow or steal. But doesn't it feel good to do what you always wanted to do?

Even with the pressure of no sick days (even death beds) in two class, and the pressure of grades... waking up feels good these day.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:07 pm
If I didn't have psychological problems forcing me to live off the government, I might be able to say "yes, doing what you want to do feels great".  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Bode_Well

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:11 pm
Mmmm... sorry about that. I have several friend in the same position. It hurts their feelings of usefulness sometime. Most just wish that they could feel anything resebemling well enough, so they could go abut living.

I hope you are okay. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:17 pm
Bode_Well
Mmmm... sorry about that. I have several friend in the same position. It hurts their feelings of usefulness sometime. Most just wish that they could feel anything resebemling well enough, so they could go abut living.

I hope you are okay. ^_^
It's kinda boring, but I'm used to it. ^^

I just wish I could find a job that paid enough to provide my financial/medical/prescription coverage I get from the government right now.

I need medication to be normal, after all.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:45 am
xp No offense to nurses, but I kinda resent the demand for you guys. I'm an MLT (Med Lab Tech) and am having major issues finding a job, while the classified ads are practically begging for them.

However, it does sound like you're in a good fit. It was (kinda) how I felt throughout the Lab Tech program.

Just....learn to take the sample the exact way the lab tech tells you to. There is a reason for it; we're not just being a**l-retentive. gonk
( sweatdrop I shadowed for a clinical rotation under a Med Tech (next rank up on the Lab tech chain) who had issues with this from time to time)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:47 pm
This may suprise you, but being good in my job has always been my source of pride. Even when I work ice cream, improving my labor make me feel better about myself. So if I can improve my career by listening to the lab techs, I will. Caring about co-workers and how your work affects them is so important.

If I ever run into you in the course of work, I promise you won't be dissappointed.

And don't be to jealous of the demand for nurses, it is taking me 6 years to get my BS, including the 4 years it is taking me to get my associates. And about 16,000 indebt doing the associates alone.  

Bode_Well

Tanuki Rei

O.G. Kitten

5,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:54 pm
I have the chance to go back to school now, and one course I could take is nursing. Or I can go after my biological sciences degree. Or go into education. I have no idea what I'm going to do. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:11 am
Right now, I hold a Medical Assistant degree with concentration in Healthcare Administration.

I work in Finance as an Accounts Receivable Representative and the fact I am helping to battle major insurance companies who screw around on their patients makes my day!

I take care of five different kinds of Tricare, Martin's Point, ChampVA, NH Medicaid, I consult and advise on Medicare Billing (former Federal Employee), and also coordinate billing of the local/state/federal house of corrections (inmates getting medical care through our hospital/doctor offices)...

Last month, I helped to bring in about $225,000.00 of insurance revenue. That means that is $225,000.00 that patients DONT have to pay... except for a measley 20.00, they dont have the brunt of the medical bill. That makes it all the worthwhile to keep doing what Im doing.

Im planning on going back to college, but this time I want to aim for a Bachelors in Accounting, concentration in healthcare management. That way, if I cant get back into healthcare (which I doubt would be a problem), I can take my Accounting anywhere I want.

I will still work with my patients on a clinical level, (Women's Health, Nutrition, etc), to keep up with patient interaction... that makes it such a great feeling to go home knowing you put in a day's work to help someone...  

Wixandrettas

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:32 am
Bode_Well
This may suprise you, but being good in my job has always been my source of pride. Even when I work ice cream, improving my labor make me feel better about myself. So if I can improve my career by listening to the lab techs, I will. Caring about co-workers and how your work affects them is so important.

If I ever run into you in the course of work, I promise you won't be dissappointed.

And don't be to jealous of the demand for nurses, it is taking me 6 years to get my BS, including the 4 years it is taking me to get my associates. And about 16,000 indebt doing the associates alone.

xd You have no idea how many lab techs will love you for that. To the uninitiated, at lot of the specimen requirements for lab work are REALLY picky, but it's really important on the tech's end.

Ouch. At least you'll hopefully be able to get a job upon graduating. Good luck with that.

Did you get to do clinical rotations when getting your associate? Those were my favorite part of the entire program.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:53 am
I am in my senior year of college to be a Speech Language Pathologist.Of course in my state they require a masters in it so I can stay here or go somewhere else as an assistant.Not sure what I will do sweatdrop  

Creepy Clown Town

Gaian Geezers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff