Reply Community Lounge
Come On! It's the Holidays! (Again! D=<) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:18 pm
I've been robbed! Well, more accurately, my mother's been robbed. Someone kicked the door in and took our TV and our laptop from the apartment. My sister discovered it, so of course while the cop was here, we kept joking about the $50 gift card and the $1200 BOSE stereo that the thiefs left.
On top of that, I got shortchanged at Target about a week ago by some guy buying giftbags. Christmas gift bags!

Discuss:
-being screwed over
-screwing others over
-how freaking desperate you have to be to steal during the holiday season

Well, ********. Christmas Eve, I rode my bike to work in the morning and got hit by a car. I'm perfectly fine - no injuries.
I was crossing from one sidewalk to another along a very busy road. One car was coming out of a parking lot from a shopping center. He didn't slow before he hit me, and he didn't stop for the stop sign. The way his Cruiser hit me, it caught my back tire and pushed my bike onto the sidewalk. I yelled something at him when I realized he was trying to leave, and the sixty-year-old in the car threw his hands up, like, "Oh, well."
A pedestrian who was approaching the road I got hit on grabbed me and made sure I was okay. I went to work and then came home.

I hope the guy that hit me gets what he dished out times five. mad

Discuss:
-the obsolete nature of the holidays
-the pointlessness of kindness
-the joys of giving, or whatever.
-O=O-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:22 pm
Robbed? So your mom was at home? D8  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:35 pm
I didn't realize my post sounded that way!
No, thank God no one was home. My sister came in after it happened.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:38 pm
That's good. I thought they might have knocked her out or something.

What does one do with a stolen laptop?  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Some people steal just for the sake of stealing, or because they know that they're hurting others, some steal for a reason, not that it makes it any better though.

Either way, doing that kind of crap during a holiday season just shows how low some people are...

- EDIT -

Be back in a bit, dishes need to be done.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:51 pm
No no, she's fine. She was nowhere near the place.
Well, she was laughing about how her laptop is password-protected, and I was like, "Yeah, until they smash it against the sidewalk and yank the memory out..."  

The Dinosaur Next Door

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:55 pm
xxstephasaurusxxrexxx
No no, she's fine. She was nowhere near the place.
Well, she was laughing about how her laptop is password-protected, and I was like, "Yeah, until they smash it against the sidewalk and yank the memory out..."

Well, password protection only goes so far. It's incredibly easy to crack that protection. Either way, if they WERE dumb enough to do that and take the hard drive, even if they popped it into another laptop, her name would STILL be password protected, so all they would have done is waste time and energy.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:59 pm
Well, at least there's that.
-O=O-
Less than two days left:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:07 pm
Well, in Australia apparently now is the time when more homes get broken into (it's what they were saying on tv the other night anyway) because it's summer so people leave doors and windows open and rely on their security screens. I do hope people are smart enough to lock up before they leave the house though... >_>

I once had a teacher who fell asleep on the couch while watching tv at night, when she woke up she went around the corner and came face to face with a robber who then knocked her out. If I remember correctly he may have broken her ankle too or something... She had to use a walking stick afterwards. Her neighbours saw her unconcious on the floor through the blinds and called for help. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm
sweatdrop That really sucks. People will break into cars and steal the change from between the seat cushions. That's why I never leave my iPod in my car...EVER!

Sometimes, people just really suck. It stinks more at Christmas I think, because it's supposed to be a time of joy, so it's even more dissapointing when people can't stop being assholes for one stinking month. Anyway, I'm glad you guys are ok and that you weren't there when it happened.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:17 pm
Dear god, it seems like everyone's getting robbed or something at this time of year >.> All of my aunt's jewelry and her laptop were stolen a week or so prior to Thanksgiving and my boyfriend told me that apparently folks broke into his old house and wrecked up the place.

I'm glad you guys weren't anywhere near it all when it happened though 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:54 am
Well once it was over with and we had our place to ourselves again, my mother had somewhere to be. So, of course she calls my aunt to come who was in a snit already and just started going on and on about all the instances of break-ins and thefts she could think of. Then she starts in on me about my ******** bedroom window (I can't close the blinds all the way, so when I lie in bed, my head is visible from the parking lot) and I early decked her.
Anyway, long story short, she ended up leaving about fifteen minutes early because she thought I insulted her over eating our pizza (which we had offered to her when she came in almost an hour and a half before.)  

The Dinosaur Next Door

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:51 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:46 pm
Oh my goodness, Steph, you're really not having the best of holidays, are you? D: *huggles* You should have gotten the guys license plate numbers so you could have called the cops on him an reported a hit and run. You didn't get hurt, yeah, but he still hit you and didn't even bother to check if you had gotten hurt. razz  

Kerrigan_dragon

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:48 pm
I thought the same thing... after I'd gotten to work, parked my bike, called my mom and cried it off. I was too surprised at the time to think clearly, and then the other guy was talking to me...
Oh well. Karma will get the ******** you, though. :huggles back:
-O=O-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff