16%  [ 5 ]
I haven't played either.
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 30

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:35 am
I got both of these for Christmas and they're both great games.

I spent a good portion of my day yesterday playing Shadow of the Colossus, riding all over the place to find Colossi and then figuring out how to take them down. The landscapes are just beautiful in this game too. If they weren't then riding out on Agro to find the next Colossus would probably get pretty boring.

I think it's interesting that the two games I got are so different too. Shadow of the Colossus has a rather muted earthy color pallet, detailed graphics, and long quiet moments punctuated by intense battles. The game has a kind of lonely and melancholy feel as the solitary hero goes about his quest.

Okami on the other hand is very bright and boisterous with very stylized graphics. There's tons of characters to talk to and lots to do in any given area. It's really just a delight to play and even look at.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:42 am
YCQ Invader Pistl says:

Cool.
*Never heard of Okami*
Two games I kinda wanted to try were Shadow of the Colossus and God of War.

And that's all he has to say.

Ethrawl

crescent eclipse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 am
i've been tempted to get okami for my wii. but with the price for it, there are other games that i want first.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:59 am
Okami is great! Everything looks like a painting. In fact painting is a major theme of the game and many of your powers are manifested by using a divine paint brush on various objects and enemies. It's an action adventure game and if you like the Legend of Zelda formula of exploring, finding new tools and treasures, and solving puzzles you'd like Okami. 3nodding  

Strideo
Crew

crescent eclipse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:09 am
sounds like fun  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:16 am
It is fun. 3nodding

Pictures don't quite do this game justice. It looks really great in action.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Strideo
Crew

twilight crevice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 am
i don't suppose there's a free range art section in the game? where you can practice your moves, but also just paint/draw for fun  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:32 am
twilight crevice
i don't suppose there's a free range art section in the game? where you can practice your moves, but also just paint/draw for fun

Well the painting is mostly made up of a brush stroke or combination of brush strokes that either form an attack or have a special effect. When you press the button to paint time stops and then you paint the brush strokes you need. You can pretty much experiment anywhere you want. You have to gain the proper techniques before they work though.  

Strideo
Crew

Ethrawl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:33 am
YCQ Invader Pistl says:

Oh yea.. I remember Okami now. It took some descriptions and that picture to jog my memory. xp
I remember seeing it on X-Play I think it was. I saw it a while back, probably why I forgot about it. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:38 am

I want to get Okami sometime. Hubby and I got Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

We like the tales games because they have the 2-4 player option 3nodding

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:50 am
Ame no Tenshi

I want to get Okami sometime. Hubby and I got Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Okami is super cool. You'd probably enjoy it. 3nodding

I have Tales of Destiny for Playstation. I think you can have a friend take over one of your party members during battles but I can't remember. The battles in Tales of Destiny have a side scroller style view and you can hack and slash the enemies and perform special moves kind of like a fighting game.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:12 pm
Strideo
Ame no Tenshi

I have Tales of Destiny for Playstation. I think you can have a friend take over one of your party members during battles but I can't remember. The battles in Tales of Destiny have a side scroller style view and you can hack and slash the enemies and perform special moves kind of like a fighting game.

What about Tales of Destiny II? I grew up with that game.  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

ITADAKIMASU NOM NOM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 pm
I've never heard of Shadow of the Colossus, but Okami just came in the mail.

I can't wait to play it. 8D  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:45 pm
Zatenai
Strideo
Ame no Tenshi

What about Tales of Destiny II? I grew up with that game.
I've only played Tales of Destiny.

The NYC Tengu
I've never heard of Shadow of the Colossus, but Okami just came in the mail.

I can't wait to play it. 8D
I hope you have fun!  

Strideo
Crew

Ethrawl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:05 pm
YCQ Invader Pistl says:

I wanna get Tales of Symphonia for the PS2. I also wanna get Star Ocean: Til the End of Time for PS2. Both games look good. *doesn't own a Wii, 360 or PS3 emo *

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces