Submit

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:40 am
The end of the year is nigh! Time to decide what you're going to change for the one ahead.. So ATG, do you have any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what are they? Do you think you'll follow through with them? Did you make any resolutions for this past year?

Personally, I don't have any yet, and completely failed in all of my ones for this past year.. (Which included hugging an emo-kid and licking somebody xD)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:53 pm
Kals is questing again!
Personally I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I think they come at the wrong time of year, for one thing. September is when new things tend to be starting and it seems much more appropriate to turn over a new leaf then rather than now. In general I don't set resolutions ever anyways because if I'm going to do something, I do it right away, and if I'm not going to do something, I don't do it. No need to make some quasi-official statement that I intend to do or not do something.

I think Yoda was onto something when he uttered the famous words "Do or do not. There is no try."

This past year I changed schools, got a job, and started going to school full time. I also sang in the Winspear (big concert hall where the ESO plays) twice. I had no idea in January that any of that was going to happen (except for the first of the Winpear performances). I have made a lot of changes in my life this past year and am putting myself in a much better position to have a happy and successful life. None of that had anything to do with any New Year resolutions.

On another note, I think just about every male I have ever had any kind of contact with made a resolution to get laid last January because holy crap did I ever have to chase a lot of boys away.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 am
My resolution is the same as it is every year....try to lose more weight (am totally hearing Brain's voice while reading that lol ).
Anyways, yeah I don't care much about anything except what I can and can't fit into...
I fail at this resolution consistently...but, who knows? Maybe one day I'll figure out a method that I can work with and then I'll have to think of something else to fail at each year whee  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 am
I agree with Kals about the whole "if you want to do something, then do it" regardless of the time of year it is.

However, being lazy and lacking motivation throughout the year, I do find that the reason why people choose New Year to make a resolution is because it's just a time that prompts people into thinking about ways to improve: a time when people who are usually too busy (or careless etc. etc.) to think about how to better themselves actually get to sit back and do some "soul-searching".

I think that re-evaluation of oneself is good at any time of year, so New Year is just about as good a time as any to start, even if it doesn't always work out. xd ;

Personally...I haven't decided my New Year's resolution yet. And I always make it as a kind of wish >_>, so I rarely say incase it doesn't come true. sweatdrop  

Omochii

Serious Erius
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:08 pm
Happy New Year from Germany~! mrgreen
Wohoo! And..yeah... mrgreen
No resolutions for me! xp

Anyways,cheers! cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:05 pm
Four more hours. Hoo!
Eh. I don't make resolutions on new years... If I did they would be broken in no time.
I make goals, like to get better in photography or start to do more art.  

sahihen

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:07 pm
I don't do the new year's resolution thing, never have and probably never will. Yes there are probably things I need to work on, after all no one is perfect but as a person I'm happy with who I am so there's nothing I'm WILLING to work on. So yep get ready for another year of me being crazy, wild and short-tempered xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:25 pm
New year's resolution? I've got plenty...

- Leave California for school and a opportunity for my dream job
- Find a new loving man to be with... Yeah... Broke up with the fiance...
- Travel to Las Vegas for family and fun for a week...
- get rich... i hope...

I wish to also work on my making more adult decisions and doing things on my own... I also wish to love myself more than I have and to be more confident...  

Pnytenshi

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:23 pm
Sound like some pretty good resolutions Pnytenshi ^^

I thought of a resolution for myself at last...
*Bike more
I'm planning on going to England for two weeks with my friend summer 2010, and we're dumb enough to save money by biking everywhere.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:42 pm
    I don't really make resolutions.... I just kinda do the whole hoping for a good year and to just do well in a general sort of way.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Pnytenshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:53 pm
thanks Yunie!! and i just hope that i finish or at least reach some part of all of those resolutions by July... I'm being ambitious!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:59 pm
Yay for ambition! Best of luck for this year Pnytenshi~ ^^  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash