Reply Community Lounge
What myth. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Jaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:23 am
What myth do you belive in.I belive in the loch ness monster.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:31 am
    Eh, I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to myths and urban legends. Not that it still isn't fun to think about them and wonder. I remember being pretty freaked out at the idea of chupacabras as a kid....

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:15 pm
leprichauns used to freak me out. o.o a lot.

nessy? that one i'm not sure about, it'd be cool to see some evidence of nessy ^^

i'm pretty skeptical about the whole "yetti" or "abominable snowman" thing, though i'd be curious to see what in the hell people were looking at when they "saw" it O_o  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:50 pm
Kals is questing again!
Well the Yeti/Abominable Snowman is from the Himalayas. Around here we just have Saskwatch.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:32 am
I believe in all of them until I'm given definitive proof that they don't exist.

For example, I was glad not to go to Scotland with my art classes senior year; apparently one of the tour guides went into detail with a bunch of scientific reasons why Nessie couldn't exist. Apparently my art teacher was all, "Nooooooooo! Let the children believe in magiiiiiiic!" He was still really disgruntled when they got back. xd
I still totally believe that she's there. And I want her to be a breed of plesiosaur that never died out.

Er. I believe that Yetis, sasquatches, and bigfoots (bigfeet?) can exist, or did once. I don't know if I believe that they do now and have gone undiscovered all this time. Though that does sound arrogant, doesn't it? Maybe I'm overestimating humanity's powers of observation.

Aliens. I totally know aliens exist. I have FAITH that there is life on other planets.

I want chupacabras to be real so badly. If I had to pick which would be real between chupacabras and mermaids, I would sincerely have to think.

...What else?

Dragons? Totally dinosaurs. Or carryovers from dinosaurs. Hell yes. I even have a book that gives possible explanations for the stories about fire-breathing. And I believe it.

I think unicorns are like the three-headed toads of the gazelle world.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 pm
Yea, and I totally bleive in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny 2!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  

Stalker of the nite

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 am
xxstephasaurusxxrexxx
I believe in all of them until I'm given definitive proof that they don't exist.

For example, I was glad not to go to Scotland with my art classes senior year; apparently one of the tour guides went into detail with a bunch of scientific reasons why Nessie couldn't exist. Apparently my art teacher was all, "Nooooooooo! Let the children believe in magiiiiiiic!" He was still really disgruntled when they got back. xd
I still totally believe that she's there. And I want her to be a breed of plesiosaur that never died out.

Er. I believe that Yetis, sasquatches, and bigfoots (bigfeet?) can exist, or did once. I don't know if I believe that they do now and have gone undiscovered all this time. Though that does sound arrogant, doesn't it? Maybe I'm overestimating humanity's powers of observation.

Aliens. I totally know aliens exist. I have FAITH that there is life on other planets.

I want chupacabras to be real so badly. If I had to pick which would be real between chupacabras and mermaids, I would sincerely have to think.

...What else?

Dragons? Totally dinosaurs. Or carryovers from dinosaurs. Hell yes. I even have a book that gives possible explanations for the stories about fire-breathing. And I believe it.

I think unicorns are like the three-headed toads of the gazelle world.

I am an old ATG member =]

On the dragons part:
I figure since the whole world has a dragonstyle and they are all somewhat similar.
They must've at the least existed a few hundred years ago

Click here for the ATG Wiki!
Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:46 am
Ha ha, that's so possible, Shram. I adore thinking about how mythical creatures could have possibly existed. blaugh It's a hobby, I guess ('cause that doesn't make me sound like a tool at all.)  

The Dinosaur Next Door

palnoki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:27 am
I believe in some of the ancient gods, like the Green man. He is the protector of all nature and the ultimate druid. Kind of nice to know nature has a divine representative still in these modern times smile . But my beliefs are influenced by being pagan too so I do have a green man plaque I look at on my wall.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:03 am
Shram

On the dragons part:
I figure since the whole world has a dragonstyle and they are all somewhat similar.

I always assumed that was because there are fossilized dinosaur bits and pieces all over the world. smile  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:28 pm
Taeryyn
Shram

On the dragons part:

I always assumed that was because there are fossilized dinosaur bits and pieces all over the world. smile

That has always been my conviction about the subject as well.

There are probably life forms somewhere else out there in space, and I'm intrigued by the possibilities of multiple dimentions. But in general I know that sadly these myths are just myths.
But what amazes me most is human's innate love for over the top imaginative stories... that someone can look at something unremarkable and make up awesome stuff about it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 pm
Stalker of the nite
Yea, and I totally bleive in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny 2!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That's a super loud laugh. Inside voices please. I have a hang over.

PukeFacedFreak

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 pm
Elcia
Taeryyn
Shram

On the dragons part:

That has always been my conviction about the subject as well.

There are probably life forms somewhere else out there in space, and I'm intrigued by the possibilities of multiple dimentions. But in general I know that sadly these myths are just myths.
But what amazes me most is human's innate love for over the top imaginative stories... that someone can look at something unremarkable and make up awesome stuff about it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I agree. In fact, I do that. And it's one of those things that you never get over doing, or get embarrassed by. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:47 am
I am not sure..
-Aliens. i supose
-here we have the yowie...

also i am terified of vampires...  

Lilah-Clover

herazade

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 am
As of right now, I don't really believe in many myths... I mean, don't get me wrong, if someone could honestly tell me that mythical creatures really existed, and have proof, I'd be ecstatic! I love reading all about them!

Now, I do believe in the legend on the Blarney Stone and ghosts... Ghosts are very real to me... I guess I'm more superstitious than a believer in myths but yeah...

----------------
Now playing: The Dresden Dolls - Missed Me
via FoxyTunes

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out