Reply Community Lounge
POST PROBLEMS IN ATG

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Kee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:32 pm
I've posted up a post called vNES: For all your gaming needs. But now two people have replied and Now I can't Delete, Edit, or pst again on my topic! What should I do and what happened? :/  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:37 pm
Was that the thread for the online version of NES games? I think they locked that one for fear of either legal repercussion or they thought you were advertising...  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:29 pm
*sigh* did you even read the posts that were in there? Did you notice the little lock sign on the side of the thread? Those were some huge hints that your topic was locked.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:43 am
Twenty-five minutes after the first post in that thread the site in question WAS NOT ACCESSIBLE. As such, it was unclear as to whether or not the site was operating in a legal manner. As you should be well aware, Gaia's TOS prohibits the use of Gaia for illegal activities. Piracy would be one of those "illegal activities".

I see that the site is back up and running, it even has a section that explains their legal stance. I suggest that if you wish to have your thread unlocked you read the guild's rules (paying close attention to the parts about advertising and contests) and then contact a guild moderator. Preferably the one that locked the thread.

Oh, and be curteous when dealing with them, they are all very nice people as long as you are nice to them.

[edit] Contra! ******** yeah! surprised  

124-C

Dark Kee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:03 pm
Thank you. I play there and it does have a whole legal page where it explains its entirely legal with terms bla blah blah. Well thanks then. Well, maybe it is illegal but I'm not sure. We'll just have to see when the site goes down razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm
Kals is questing again!
Nintendo is particularly uptight about copyright infringement, and they will tell you that any nintendo emulator is TOTALLY and completely illegal, no matter what the maker of the emulator says. Or rather the ROMs are illegal. emulators are find as long as they aren't used for actual nintendo games.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

The Scion Millionare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:24 am
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!
Nintendo is particularly uptight about copyright infringement, and they will tell you that any nintendo emulator is TOTALLY and completely illegal, no matter what the maker of the emulator says. Or rather the ROMs are illegal. emulators are find as long as they aren't used for actual nintendo games.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Tue it is illgal, Kals. But many users use this site evryday. I don't think they won't go down.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:10 pm
So the site won't go down. So lots of people use it. So what? What does that have to do with anything?

Lots of people shoplift, or commit violence every day and get away with it; that doesn't make it okay.
neutral

This is so over and done with. You've hopefully read the rules by now and know what is and isn't allowed. End of story.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces