I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Character Mantras We All Hate. =] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I add a section in which the most famous lines that make us all twitch are remembered? (for example: Pendragon remembered Navi's infamous "Hey, Listen!")
  Yes.
  No.
  I don't know.
View Results

Grim Sidhe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm
hello, i know i'm still fresh meat here. pick away at me, if you will. =]

alright. so i know i'm kind of late when it comes to seeing Hellboy II.
i only saw it yesterday for the first time. personally, i like it overall. it had some stronger points than the first one did, and because i'm such a visual person... *drools over character designs and cg*

BUT.

one thing that kind of annoyed me right off the bat was the opening scene. admitted, i LOVED the toothfairies that they depicted. eating human flesh after going for the teeth was a huge plus for me. =]
but that's obviously not the point.
anyone remember when Liz started her whole fire thing? yeah, awesome, she had more control over her fire in the second one than in the first one and she's not such a whiney baby as she was before (some whining, but hey. she's a mom with a demonic kid on the way, whaddaya expect?).
the part that IRKED me was when she started her whole mantra:
"The fire... is mine..."

i. hate. it.
it's just... >_<
come on! of all the things she could say?!
*rants on and on, knowing that she herself has no better line in mind for liz to say*

with that in mind, discuss:
~stupid mantras
~things that characters in movies (or books [except for twilight- i don't want to hear it {not because i like it, but because the bashing's annoying by now}]) have done that are annoying as ******** MANTRAS.
~inconsistencies in movies we've all caught at one point or another.
~and games, too. =]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:01 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

Her fire is also a different color than the first one. It's blue in the first, normal in the second.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Grim Sidhe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Her fire is also a different color than the first one. It's blue in the first, normal in the second.
yeah, one of the few things i didn't like about the second one. >>

so, let's throw that into the mix: inconsistencies we've found in movies. 0.0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:19 pm

As far as cheesy lines and such go? I dunno, I don't watch much tv or movies. I play video games instead.

In my oppinion, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess had a lot of suck-ish dialouge in it.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Grim Sidhe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:26 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
In my oppinion, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess had a lot of suck-ish dialouge in it.
actually... doesn't the entire zelda series kinda have... suckish dialogue?
*rewinds to zelda: the ocarina of time back on n64*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Well, Twilight Princess kinda took it to a whole new level. I just didn't like the dialouge, it was too soft in my oppinion. Except for Midna, It's always fun having a smartass in the game

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Grim Sidhe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:57 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Well, Twilight Princess kinda took it to a whole new level. I just didn't like the dialouge, it was too soft in my oppinion. Except for Midna, It's always fun having a smartass in the game

mm, heard about that. and i peeked at a few character designs. me likey how they redid the stalfos. =]

*pokes a few dead bodies while waiting around for more people*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:49 am
"I AM THE PRINCE OF SAIYANS!" *Shot*

Yeah... Really. Eh, I stopped paying attention to dialogue after that. As long as they can use proper English, (FFS Sega, you can NOT get away with that for fifteen years!) I'll deal with it.  

Phaeton

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:54 am
I suppose I don't really need to bring this one up, but one of the most annoying to me is along the lines of "Believe it."
As if the characters weren't dumbed down enough already...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 am
I was less upset about the dialogue in HBII than I was about the fact that they made HB act like a total douche. In the first movie, he was cavalier and lovable... like the anti-hero hero. The second one, he spent half the time unconscious and another quarter bitching about Liz and searching for whatever he needed...
By the time the climax was reached, I was rooting for Nuada. I just wanted the better-developed character to win. rolleyes  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 pm
In the DS game "The World Ends With You" you team up at one point with a character who's supposed to be a "Punch first ask questions later" fairly brainless guy. Whenever you fight with him as your partner, he often shouts "I'M DIGGIN IT!!" As he attacks. @_@ It sounds pretty dumb and gets a little annoying after a while. He also shouts "Dumbass" frequently.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:02 pm
Phaeton
"I AM THE PRINCE OF SAIYANS!" *Shot*
*sniggers* xd

I don't know if it counts, but Ash Ketchum shouting "Pikachu...! I choose you!" every single episode got a bit irritating. >_>  

Omochii

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:07 pm
Erverain
I suppose I don't really need to bring this one up, but one of the most annoying to me is along the lines of "Believe it."
As if the characters weren't dumbed down enough already...

I second that. o.e
*Resist urge to stab face*

And I was recently reminded of how 'ugh' worthy most of what the characters in Advance Wars(Dual Strike to be specific...I've yet to play the new one and I havent touched teh GBA one in ages...) shout out. >.>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:54 pm
User Image

In MegaMan X4, Capcom mistakenly decided to make MegaMan X say "Let's go!" and stuff like that when you fire a fully charged shot.

That game makes me want to KILL mad

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:36 pm
The sound an overlord makes when it moves!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff