Reply Community Lounge
after effects of an accident

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gem2star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 pm
i was in a car accident last october i had head injuries and swelling in my hands from trying to breaks the lash.at first i use to get really bad headaches and my hand had hurt for some weks and the injection site for tetanus was so swollen, but eventually it stopped. but lately i started getting pains again in my entire body i'm wondering if it's after effects of the accient.i'm afraid to see the doctor.any one ever had this experience?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:58 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

Last October? I seriously doubt that a car accident will be affecting you for that long, especially if the pain went away and came back.

My advice? Go see a doctor.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:27 pm
You know what this sounds like something a doctor should look at. You arn't afraid of the doctor you are afraid of being unhealthy. The bad news is if you are ill not going to a doctor isn't going to fix it, but only make it worse. Pain is a bad thing always, there is never a good kind of pain. Pain mean that your body doesn't like something. Go fix it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 am
GIRL, GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!!  

Shannalee_Lace

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:26 am
Shannalee talk's sense, go see a Doctor or you could have continuous injuries for the rest of your life. At least you'll know there and then what's wrong and get treatment for it.

x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 pm
You Really should go to the doc, u canĀ“t be imaginating stuff.  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:26 am
heart Think I Am Sexy? heart Please Vote For Me

@Roland: The affects of accidents can last for years, a former friend of mine had a cousin who was in a car accident with a bus and he suffers (and will suffer for the rest of his life) from light sensitivity and headaches due to the accident.

@gem2star: While going to see your doctor is wise, I understand how scary that can be. You finally feel your life is normalizing again after such a bad event in your life. The last thing you want is someone to tell you it may be worse or happening all over again, part of you wants to think if you ignore it or don't have someone confirm it there is a chance that it will go away. There is that chance, but if you take that chance you could make it worse yourself. I am sure you were assigned physical therapy for your hands after that accident...if you stopped your muscles may be tightening again. If you restart your physical therapy you might see an improvement, but even still that is something to let your Doctor know about. Healing from accidents, especially like car accidents, takes the body a lot longer than we think. Not everything settles back into place once bones have been reset and fused back together or soft tissue damage doesn't show a bruise anymore. Muscles and other soft tissue still have to form new muscle memory, because they are still working like they were when you hurt or maybe a little better than.

The other thing might be, if this happened night near the anniversary of your accident part of it may be psychosomatic. You were probably reminded about your accident a lot, either by yourself or others. While it is healthy to think about these things to see how far we have come since they have happened, if we dwell on them and think about all the things we have lost since we can sometimes force our bodies back into the damaged state.
Than the more the body feels it, the more it presses on the mind and the more it feeds back to the keeping it feeling like it is still damaged. So you have to train you mind to get past the feeling, it is a lot easier than sounds. Because it is the same way you would deal with it if it is physical. To get your mind feeling better you have to actively do something to make the pain better, things like redoing your physical therapy. It helped before, thus it should help again. Your brain knows this, so if it is psychosomatic than doing this will help put your mind at ease.

Psychosomatic or Physical, you really do need to let someone know what is happening. If it is physical than your doctor might be able to give you better exercises. If it is mental it might mean that for a little while you need to talk to someone to get those stresses out, that way you don't continue to internalize them and inflict them on your body.

I wish you the best in your recovery gem.

Ladi Quiz - heart - Ladi Johari - heart - Ladi Nohari

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff