Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Okay, so I developed a bit of paranoia... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm such a dork...
  ._.;;
View Results

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:35 pm
I have a free movie channel called FearNet which has a large selection of horror movies, from the good, the bad, the new, and the old. Usually, I like watching REALLY terrible horror movies. You know, those horror movies that make you LOL because they're just so bad. Well, I decided to watch two decent horror movies - Penny Dreadful and The Gravedancers.

Penny was about a girl who is afraid of cars and a hitch hiker/serial killer that terrorizes the s**t out of the girl. And like, the girl is trapped in this car for like almost the whole ******** movie but it was kinda funny how all these dead bodies just start surrounding the car xD And she got her pinkie toe cut off - which was LOL worthy. Still, I thought it was a good enough movie, made me jump and squirm a bit... but I handled that one pretty well... except for the killer's bad teeth - yick.

The Gravedancers - fuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkk.
Okay, first scene of the movies is funny as s**t because this chick is just getting the s**t punched out of her by nothing. Well, it was a ghost but you couldn't see it so it didn't really matter >.>
Ah, but then the real part of the movie came in ._.
Basically, three people end up drunk at a graveyard and dance on three graves. The graves are of a pastor who brutally raped & torchured women, a music teacher who killed her cheating husband with an axe, and a child that liked to play with fire - A LOT.
Now maybe if this was a shitty horror movie, I'd be okay - but it was pretty good for my standards. Anyway, so the typical haunting of the people was interesting - not all that scary.
But then they showed the ghosts.
Those ugly ******** ghosts.
Those "OMG they're so ******** ugly I rather drink a bucket of vomit than look at that ******** s**t ever again."
Here, this is what they ******** look like and what's been scaring the s**t out of me - (And I warn you, if you get freaked out by this stuff - DO NOT LOOK AT THE IMAGES.)
http://www.happynovisad.rs/film/gravedancers/gravedancers2.jpg
http://www.happynovisad.rs/film/gravedancers/gravedancers4.jpg
http://www.happynovisad.rs/film/gravedancers/gravedancers5.jpg

crying I HATE THEM SO MUCH. And you know why? CAUSE THEY'RE SMILING D< And they're ugly and just ******** creepy...

So here's my problem -
I'm now afraid to go to sleep
I used to sleep in a pitch black room, now I have to have some sort of light
I've been sleeping out in my living room because the TV is comforting
When I get on my bottom bunk, I freak because it feels like a tomb (I blame more of reading Crime & Punishment than the movie for this one >.>)
When I shut my eyes, I see ugly creepy ghosts
I'm starting to look behind my shoulder a lot, afraid something is behind me
While I try to block out the images, they always seem to prevail

Summary:
Ace watched a scary movie that freaked her out and she can no longer sleep like she used too.

SO WHAT DO I DO? HOW CAN I TAKE BACK MY BEAUTY SLEEP? PLEASE HELP - I NEED TO RETURN TO NORMAL.

Discussion:
Solving my sleeping problem/paranoia
Scary Movies
Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
So - has this ever happen to you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:46 pm
Grudge did the same thing to me, though I didn't think they were great movies. It was just the ******** ghosts, I was like "What the ******** after watching the first one I had to sleep on my friends floor. >.<
Could not sleep right for two whole months.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Lineriku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:53 pm
easy......imagine going out for pizza with your scary ghosts and if you ever think of them creeping up behind you just pretend that theyre bugging you to hang out cause they are losers and youre like , "s**t leave me alone guys, its 2 in the morning and i need sleep...ill call you guys later just leave me alone so i can sleep....sheesh....."

thats....kinda how i got over my fear of funny clowns and barney the dinosaur............so ye...theyre NOT ghosts...theyre your pathetic lonely friends............ ^-^

( edit.......that chick ghost really does look like some friend that would bug you for attention....i could see her now asking," wanna hang out¿¿....PLZ??.... T^T ".....*she is lonely*..... )  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm
when angel was in iraq, i watched the first resident evil movie and IMMEDIATELY had nightmares about blood-thirsty zombies coming after me and my kitties. crying it was awful! in fact, it was SO BAD that my stepdad loaned me a handgun to have under my mattress so i would feel safer. sweatdrop

then, angel came home and MADE ME watch house of 1000 corpses. crying crying crying

immediately i was terrified as i OFTEN drove between ky and ks and there are PLENTY of weird small towns and odd gas stations you have to stop at. SCARY!!! i started carrying mace and a HUGE hunting knife in the car w/me after that.

crying

the only thing you can do is ride it out. i highly recommend snuggling up to someone, and do whatever crazy thing makes you feel safe. eventually, when nothing scary happens, you'll relax and then go back to normal. xd

eee. normally, scary movies scare me in the moment, but never long-term. but eeeeevery once in a while, i get freaked.

OH! white noise did it, too! course, the fact that we had three confirmed ghosts living in our apartment did NOT help any. crying  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:30 am
i saw the bone collector when i was about 12. Scared me for MONTHS afterwards. I got nothing helpful to add mrgreen stop watching horrors? Thats what i did. Although now we are both scarred, its a bit late for that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 am
ROFLLMAO!!!

for some reason those picture made me crack up laughing expecially the end one of her on the piano ROFL

But i had this happen to me twice, once when i was 6 [lol yes my dad was warped]. i watched IT and i got completely freaked out as you would at that age. then i watched it again at 16 and it threw me into pure freak mode i didnt want showers or if i did the plug was in ROFL, if i see clowns to this day i run and i mean really really run. it amusing my family because even if i tried to run at that same speed normally i wouldnt be able to, i seriously shoot off. XD

I still am terrified of clowns and i really want to go to america for one of those horror nights or weekend in the themeparks. im gonna go next couple of years but im already really scared because i know there is a clown area and i really think i will faint rofl.

plus ppl chase you with a fricking real life chain saw with a guard on, screw that ill be a running miles rofl. im a right screamer... but still i want to go before im 30 one of those random lists hehe

--------

and the other one which spooked me out for a while and even now does is hitcocks the birds.

basic summary

Quote:
This film is about Melanie Daniels (Tippi Hedren) who travels to a quiet coastal town of Bodega Bay to see Mitch Brenner (Rod Taylor). However when she arrives there she encounters a number of birds who are a bit too vicious to the locals. It is not long before all the birds in Bodega Bay start attacking the locals. The locals are at the mercy of the birds and have to run for cover wherever possible.

in short that sounds somewhat normal but watch it in darkness and living surrounded by birds you become slightly paranoid. these birds are not a bit too vicious they bloody like the taste of blood. now if a bird swoops at me i duck, run or scream ROFL  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:09 am
Ooh, I loved Hitcock's The Birds <3

Thanks for everyone's replies, now I don't feel like such a freak xd

Oh, and Lineriku - your advice helped a lot <333
Now everytime I picture the ghosts they go "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaa."
And I'm like "Ah, ********. Okay >.>"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:24 am
Goddess Ace
Ooh, I loved Hitcock's The Birds <3

Thanks for everyone's replies, now I don't feel like such a freak xd

Oh, and Lineriku - your advice helped a lot <333
Now everytime I picture the ghosts they go "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaa."
And I'm like "Ah, ********. Okay >.>"

( yay, i helped!! ^W^ )

see??.....User Image.....told you 'twould work.......ghosts LUBB pizza......  

Lineriku

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:47 pm
Well, I can go ahead and say that I can't help you. sweatdrop

But your bed does seem scary, even for me. I haven't seen corpses in a couple of months now, since that Rwanda movie. You know I can't handle even the remotest bit of horror. xd

Does Leo sleep with you? Jake? Icky? I find that sleeping with Yoko helps me a lot. TV helps too. I also find that dead silence creeps me out, so instead of a TV in my room I use a radio.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 pm
Midori Hayashi
Well, I can go ahead and say that I can't help you. sweatdrop

But your bed does seem scary, even for me. I haven't seen corpses in a couple of months now, since that Rwanda movie. You know I can't handle even the remotest bit of horror. xd

Does Leo sleep with you? Jake? Icky? I find that sleeping with Yoko helps me a lot. TV helps too. I also find that dead silence creeps me out, so instead of a TV in my room I use a radio.

i remember having a little radio on my bed....extremely relaxing......my mom would have to go to work and wake me up for school at 6am, so i would turn on the radio and listen to jazz in the dark for an hour.....soooo awesome........soooo relaxing........definitely recommend a radio to calm your nerves......( a radio on a jazz station, really......if you have one )  

Lineriku

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 pm
Well, the first movie I became totally scared of was Tremors xd my parents thought I would like it when I was about 7, scared the s**t out of me for years.

Second movie (and I'm sooo embarrassed by this) that scared the s**t out of me was The Ring.
Gore, things that are meant to make you jump, disfigurement and torture, non of that has ever bothered me.. but suspense movies will kill me. It's weird.
Once when I was staying in CT, right after I saw the ring I didn't have my glasses on because I was laying on the couch reading.. I swore I saw Samara. Scared the s**t out of me. I'm practically blind, and the staircase was all white and there was a black instrument case on the landing, and the way my vision blurred it it totally looked like she was standing at the foot of the stairs xD

So yeah, that's one of my secrets I don't tell anyone I got scared of The Ring xD my other secret is that I still sleep with plushies alot of the time xd because I'm super lonely and don't have anyone to snuggle..

But by now my mind has become such a morbid, sick place nothing scares me xD atleast not in movies...
I'm very paranoid, but I think it's good because most people are just like tralala!.. They never think about things that could happen to them. From the years of martial arts training, love of murder/crime shows, and having an ex cop of 20 something years as a teacher who is constantly telling us stories, it's given me a whole new way of looking at the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:57 pm
D: The Grudge was probably my worst.
I was in my room looking for something and the commercial came on, I had no idea it was a horror movie and then that little kid from hell showed up.

My first reaction was going awww poor kid has some bad skin disease and then he opened his mouth and I almost had a fricking heart attack! D:
I was really close to the tv cause it was next to the closet and yeah I think I ended up next to my door across the room in a sec. >_> I can't stand that movie. Then my lovely friend bothered me for DAYS to go see it and I caved and went. No sleeping that night...
I did feel bad for the kid, the way he was killed. I even laughed once when the woman's in the elevator and he shows up suddenly. I think it was nervous laughter. @_@

White Noise was freaky, but not as bad as I thought it would be, Amity House or whatever it's called was creepy. I really just don't do well with evil children...The Ring wasn't scary to me, I only felt bad for the poor horse, plus the many parodies of it make me see it in a comedy like way.

XD My first bad one was probably "I see dead people" Six Sense. My dad rented it and I saw it with him. I loved that one though.

I avoid horror movies because I just can't get any sleep when I see some, I get to paranoid.

Also my friends are EVIL not only did my then best friend made me watch Resident Evil with her alone at night, she was really tired that day and fell asleep and left me alone to watch it. I did not sleep one bit! Then I watched it again that morning and it was awesome. Scary, but awesome.

._. Emily Rose was torture on my soul. Interesting movie though.

biggrin I need help myself, I can only say that if it's really scary watch it in the day time, that way some of the paranoia goes away and you might get some sleep, that's what I do sometimes. >_>  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:41 pm
Zombie movies have never really scared me. Resident Evil was nothing for me - I was just like, "meh."

Omg, and Emily Rose - I laughed so much during that movie. Especially when the chick was all contorted. I just bursted out laughing xd

I think it was either Halloween 2 or 3, the one without Michael Myers, that I didn't like because it was just random killing of children. I mean, they wore these Halloween masks and their heads were aten by all sorts of yucky things - snake, bugs, you name it.

And I never liked the Leprechaun movies or another one that involved green gooey stuff.

Now I wish I had watched Puppet Master before I decided to stop watching all horror movies >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm
Angelic_Highlights
ROFLLMAO!!!

for some reason those picture made me crack up laughing expecially the end one of her on the piano ROFL

But i had this happen to me twice, once when i was 6 [lol yes my dad was warped]. i watched IT and i got completely freaked out as you would at that age. then i watched it again at 16 and it threw me into pure freak mode i didnt want showers or if i did the plug was in ROFL, if i see clowns to this day i run and i mean really really run. it amusing my family because even if i tried to run at that same speed normally i wouldnt be able to, i seriously shoot off. XD

I still am terrified of clowns and i really want to go to america for one of those horror nights or weekend in the themeparks. im gonna go next couple of years but im already really scared because i know there is a clown area and i really think i will faint rofl.

plus ppl chase you with a fricking real life chain saw with a guard on, screw that ill be a running miles rofl. im a right screamer... but still i want to go before im 30 one of those random lists hehe

--------

and the other one which spooked me out for a while and even now does is hitcocks the birds.

basic summary

Quote:
This film is about Melanie Daniels (Tippi Hedren) who travels to a quiet coastal town of Bodega Bay to see Mitch Brenner (Rod Taylor). However when she arrives there she encounters a number of birds who are a bit too vicious to the locals. It is not long before all the birds in Bodega Bay start attacking the locals. The locals are at the mercy of the birds and have to run for cover wherever possible.

in short that sounds somewhat normal but watch it in darkness and living surrounded by birds you become slightly paranoid. these birds are not a bit too vicious they bloody like the taste of blood. now if a bird swoops at me i duck, run or scream ROFL

The birds was a book, a section or summary thing was in a reading text book, and required. That little gist of it and I can't stand more than 3 birds within my eye-line. Lucky for me a murder of crows has been in hte area for almost a month now... crying

Ace- Wouldn't watching it a million times make it unscary?

What I like are animated (like anime series) suspence or psycological. They don't f- me up like the live actions will, so I can enjoy them. HNK FTW.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Malignant Virus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:17 pm
Lol happened to me the first time i watched the Mummy (when i was like 9) I couldnt sleep for like... three days XD. I did sleep but only after like 5 hours of remaining awake. just keep urself occupied and read a manga or something. Make sure ur thinking about something ELSE when your sleeping.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff