Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:27 pm
User Image

SOLVED THANKS TO PANCAKE!

Talk about:
s**t you buy that pisses you off later.
Other people making something that was really hard for you look super easy.
Crappy support anything. Eg. tech, education, groups etc.

Feel free to read what my trouble was.

In my last few days of working at my job, back in October, I managed to talk the manager into selling me an LG 240 cell phone that had been sitting there forever. Well I look in it and it's missing the USB cable and the douchewad who had it before, it was a rent-to-own that someone defaulted on, also decided to send the phone back with a headset for another type of phone. I thought "Hey, that's cool I'll just find a USB online, and I don't need a handsfree for it." Well I have been hunting high and low for this ******** thing and I can't find it anywhere. I've sent emails to retailers who can't help, they tell me to go and see them and I tell them I live 2 hours away and don't feel like making a 2 hour drive just on the hop, then tell me, after they finally decided to see what they can do, they didn't have it anyways and can't get it. I also tried finding ring tones for this phone and wouldn't you know it, no one has this model available! I've tried ebay too!

What the hell?!

Was there only like 100 of this model made or something? Or was it s**t I don't know. So far I love this phone, and would probably like it more if I could enjoy all features of it.

I finally wrote to LG asking what the hell was going on and where I could get what I want. This is what they said...

Quote:
Unfortunately LG does not sell accessories, if your dealer is unable to order an accessory for you I would recommend doing a search on to find an online store to purchase it through.
Regards
LG Canada

So if someone has some extra time or felt like helping me out a bit or would like a challenge, I would love to have a link to somewhere, I don't care where, where I could buy the USB cord for my LG 240 phone. Here's what it looks like. It's shmexy!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

Perhaps try ebay? I dunno, I wish I could be of more assistance. That is a cool phone though.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 pm
User Image

Oh I have, I should probably add that too. It's like this phone didn't exist somehow.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:34 pm
You looking for this?

I dunno if that's exactly what you're looking for, but I hope it is.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:37 pm
User Image

Wow...

My jaw dropped!

GTR says your a d**k for showing us up.

Seriously it took you like 2 minutes! I've hunted, GTR hunted, even his father hunted for the damn thing and we couldn't find it!

Thank you uber much!

How did you do it?
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:42 pm
Haha, I just went to google and searched " LG 240 Cable " it was one of the first results.

Don't feel too bad though GRM, I spend ALL my time on the internet looking for random things... So even if things are REALLY obscure/impossible to find/rare there's a good chance I may be able to find it with a little searching.

Which reminds me, I gotta unpause my Power Puff Girls torrent. I needs me that series to watch 8D  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:10 pm
User Image

I think I'll see if GTR can find some of that, Powerpuff girls that is. I haven't seen that show in forever!

Edit: I did what you did, and it doesn't show up for me at all in the first 10 pages. Maybe my google is just ghey!
User Image

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff