Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
what?!? badasses don't get sick!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

noooooooes! germs!!!
  they're teh devil!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 pm
angel is sick.

supa sick. crying

like, throwing up things and burning up yet actually WANTING blankets. sweatdrop

he came home EARLY FROM WORK today. yikes. i stuck around to take care of him, and have been pumping him full of oj, ginger ale, tea w/honey, water and food that he almost immediately throws up. crying crying crying

its WEIRD for him to be sick! I'M the sick one! he's just not allowed!!! stressed

this is only the 3rd time since we've been married that he's been actually sick, and one of those other times was him reacting to a damn anthrax vaccination. sad

so, discuss:

-what do you like to do when you're sick? ((i like to be left alone to hibernate in a puddle of self-pity and bear-like anger, lol))

-are you "the sick one" to your friends or are you uber-healthy?

-what do you do to get better/not get sick in the 1st place?

-comfort food when you're sick! describe!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 am
What was it? "Feed a cold, starve a fever."?

Anyways I understand sickness. My immune system is of the suck. xd

Give him lots of liquids, rest, and love. heart

Dana Pixie Stix

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:31 am
getting sick sucks!!

my immune system is buggered since having little one, when i was pregnant with her there was not a day i was not sick.. <_<

but since ive had her ive been maybe proper sick where i cant move four times and then my motto is curl up on the sofa, put csi on, hot sweet tea constantly, soup and easy digestable foods. but unfortunately i have to look after lil one til mike gets home so i tend to not rest much til she is sleeping

give him our love and i hope he gets better hun  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:57 am
Poor angel. :[ I actually heard about his sickness through LJ before here, but still. *pats* I hate being sick, it's one of the worst feelings ever.

I almost never get sick, but when I do it's pretty awful; fever, headache, vomiting, the works. I would say I like to do much the same thing you do when I get sick.

When I was in high school, people THOUGHT I was "the sick one" because I missed so much school and when people asked why, naturally I would say "I was sick" so my teachers wouldn't get all pissy about me skipping. XD So I would skip school and rather than getting s**t about it I'd just lie and say I was a sickly person. In reality, I was a lazy little student who didn't get sick hardly ever. I just enjoyed sleeping too much.

I do all the typical things that seem to help prevent sickness; eat healthy and not in excess, wash my hands a lot, bundle up and stay warm, all that jazz. Idk, it's just easy for me to not be sick. But when I do get sick, I just literally want to die. There's really no food to comfort me. I might be able to down a little soup and saltine crackers.  

Pachelbel Canon

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:26 am
Aww, poor thing! It makes me sad to think of Angel being sick =(

I pretty much never get sick. Ever. I'm as healthy as can be.
I've only gotten a mild cold TWICE in my whole life. One time my stomach felt icky, but I only hurled once xD
I usually don't even get allergies.
And I can come in to extreme contact with sick people and not get what they have xD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 am
Aw, I'm sorry he is/was sick. When I'm sick, I'm like you, don't make me move, don't talk to me, just bring me some dang diet 7up and a good movie. It's funny how different things help for different people. My Mom's friend was sick recently and she thew up, she came out of the bathroom and leaned her head on her hubby's shoulder and he said "I'm sorry, do you want me to make you some scrambled eggs?" and immediately she was back in the bathroom throwing up. Lol. He said he's sorry but that's what makes HIM feel better. Lol, don't know why that would help, sounds terrible to me. For most people I know, getting a nice herbal scent in the room helps. Also, I'm a school Photographer, can you say germ magnet? Anyway we have a girl at work who swears by Airborne, you can get it at pretty much any Wal-Mart. I'm going to try it this season, it's designed by a school teacher and it's an herbal/vitamin thing that's supposed to help you get sick less and get well quicker. Sounds good to me.  

shelly draven

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 am

When I hurl I won't eat, at all. I can't stand puking and if I don't eat I can't puke can I? So, a minimum of 48 hours after the last time I puked before I will eat.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:07 am
i think its some sort of awful cold combined with a sinus infection or something. crying

he currently pretty much passed out on the daybed with his hoodie pulled over his head, moaning and coughing a bunch. crying crying crying

i hope he gets better soon! its just awful when he's sick! sweatdrop

he said he has a massive headache this morning, too. xp its probably all the coughing and sneezing and the pressure in his sinuses.

i'm just thankful that we keep getting snow days so i don't have to go into work and can stay home and take care of him. heart  

WastelandMama
Crew

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 pm
And then all of the heavens were rendered askew, and all of the members of the Guild for Fast Gold retrieval weeped a river of tears, for the great Angel Half was struck with disease.
The Warrior of Blue then sought out the great and powerful Dr. House. With the assistance of the Grassy Cat of Blue, they traveled long and far.

xD Hope Angel gets better soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:14 pm
Lol I almost never get sick and when I do, I usually get a cold which I get over after two days or so.us Tell him I say get well soon.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:29 pm
I have a stomach made of iron, so I never throw up. EVER. It's also rare for me to have a stomach ache. I get head colds maybe once a year, and I've only had to stay home from school for a head cold i think three or four times.

Being sick is no fun. Ironically, I was sick last week. xd It wasn't too serious but my mom made me some chicken noodle soup and it made me feel better. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:32 pm
I was sick a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't taste food at all and the only thing I could drink was coffee. The only drink I could taste. I don't usually trow up, but I like trowing up cause I feel better afterward. :3

It's snowing? D: I was gonna suggest sweating it out, which usually helps me, but I'm not sure he can if it's snowing.

Anyway, if non-prescribed medication isn't working he might need to get check up for specific medication. Sometimes things that seem like just a cold can be something else, something serious.

Hope he gets well soon.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:11 pm
my mum always gave me flat coke when i was sick, replaces electrolites or something lost from throwing up. When im sick i just try to sleep it out, it makes me really grumpy and im just like "stfuuuuuuuuuuuuuu all of yoooooooooou", or i make a nest of blankets and shuffle between rooms, watching tv.

lol @grassy cat of blue xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:45 am
TheBlueWarrior
And then all of the heavens were rendered askew, and all of the members of the Guild for Fast Gold retrieval weeped a river of tears, for the great Angel Half was struck with disease.
The Warrior of Blue then sought out the great and powerful Dr. House. With the assistance of the Grassy Cat of Blue, they traveled long and far.

xD Hope Angel gets better soon.

User Image  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:40 am
well,I am almost like [SOUL],except whene i get sick,i stay for a week or somthing and it usually ends with me throwing up! xp Get well soon Angel!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff