Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
I Really Wouldn't Do This If I Knew What Was Good For Me... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:27 am
So!
Awesome and amazing little... person that I am, I just wrote a two-and-a-half page essay in the space of... forty-five minutes. And it's due at six p.m. tonight. I'm pretty thrilled with myself, even though this isn't the first time I've skated by the deadline with awesome work like this.
Discuss, if you will:
-things that you postponed to the last minute
-things that you excel at
-the wonders of procrastination
-how awesome I truly am for doing all three above-mentioned things
-pretentiously long forum post titles
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:13 am
I´m good writting but when it comes to science I suck, just waste my time trying to do it.  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 pm
Writting? Okay.
We're talking deadlines. Got anything interesting?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:04 pm
I usually just make s**t up and since I have a +4 in Diplomacy it seems to work.

Easy way to win over English teachers; study them to find out what they like in writing and use it.  

Shibaken

Lazy Werewolf

Carsayzlyum

2,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:05 pm
Usually my stuff is too short so I just bull around for the last page or 2 and hope I don't get called on it.
Also, last year I did a 6 pg literary analysis on a book I didn't read, got a 94 on it too...
I luv when stuff works out like that. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:16 pm
I've crafted myself a pretty good skill in deadline essaying. I do my best writings in limited time.  

Phaeton

kaynick007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:32 pm
Hi. I am new. Anyways... I do best when I have a long time to do things like essays. I do not like writing in a small span of time..
I do well in almost every class..except my AP United States History class. And by bad, I mean a high B.. Which is bad for me.. because it is terrible to my parents..  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 pm
Hello! I'm new here as well and I have a lot of things I procrastinate for. I wrote a 3 page English essay the morning it was due, and I think I got an A on it or a B+. I excel when I procrastinate. I do my best analysis writing under pressure and at the last minute. Another thing I procrastinated for was this math project I had that I had to research for and write a paper on. I also had to do a poster for it, and I did it the morning of, 2 hours before I had to go to school exactly, and my project/presentation was the best in the class.  

Tewr

TheFlying69

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:26 pm
I hates writing. I never can put on paper what i'm trying to sayy. frustrating is a good word for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:56 pm
I hold off roleplay replies, writing/drawing things I want to get to, practicing my music, and various bits of schoolwork. C8 I'm a horrible person.

I should be doing homework right now, as a matter of fact.

Orange Affair

Dapper Fatcat

7,575 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 pm
User Image
I procrastinate like that often...in fact we have a project back in my old high school in English class (most teachers do it) that's called a Senior Scrapbook. You basically go over what you did through your 4 years of high school. I basically half-assed it. I did it the night before, bought a scrapbook, drew everything. (no assignments from class or anything like we were supposed to do) Then I got a A 8D Apparently I did a pretty damn good job.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:40 pm
i'm really good at writing, but it depends on the topic. I remember typing a 2 page paper and i was just making stuff up, it only took me like an hour, and got an A+ while almost everyone else in my class didn't do it.  

Leader of the Penguins

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:44 pm
There's this girl in my English class. She's first in our class. (2011) She's the kind of person who has everything finished the day that it's assigned.

We had this 100 point paper that we had two months to do. She had it done by the first week, editing, writing, etc. constently. I wrote the entire paper the night before it was due. I recieved a 86%. She recieved a 79%. It was great (for me anyway).

I've never scored below a 90% on a paper before in my life. =[  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:50 pm

I procrastinate like it's my job. x_x Really, I wish it was my job because I'd totally do it for a living. 3nodding I put everything off until the last minute. Well, except for some things: I'm never late for anything, I'm always early. Which is weird. But I think every single essay/paper I did in high school was done at the last minute and completely BS-ed. xd

Chill Brahh

RedJoker25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:52 pm
kaynick007
I do well in almost every class..except my AP United States History class. And by bad, I mean a high B.. Which is bad for me.. because it is terrible to my parents..

Interestingly enough, my parents are the same way. I was 1 point off of an A in AP World History, but my parents (mom in particular) thinks that it'll ruin my GPA. Also of note is that it was only for 1 grading period and our GPA is affected by the average of two periods (I got an A the next period).

In any case, I'm best in math and science, but I have a hard time writing a decent essay for English or history, especially when timed. I do any math homework I have in the thirty minutes from the time I get to school to the time the first bell rings. I can't stand taking notes for history because it involves reading too much of the textbook. I pretty much always write essays the night before they're due (my eighth grade research paper took till 2 in the morning), which is about the same for any large project I get. I usually do great on them, but I regret procrastinating, even though I keep on doing it.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff