Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Garlic sprouts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:12 am
I have a quest in zOMG! to get 3 Garlic Sprouts from the Forest to the East of bills Ranch. Ive been killing Garlic left right and centre for 2 days now, but no Sprouts. Exactly which part of the forest do i have to go to? Its all along the east side of the map.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm
I also found a little tiny patch of grass if you head left of bill just outside the farm which was nice as wo garlics kept sprouting there and I didn't have to move.
They are however very hard to come by, I know I had to kill at least 50 to get what I needed if not more. Afraid you just have to keep going on this one.  

Sharkworld

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100

AvianFlame

Dapper Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:04 pm
Garlic Sprouts drop 3 different items: peels, essence, and sprouts. The sprouts are the rarest. I killed way over the 50 garlic sprouts you needed for the badge. I suggest crewing with someone of a similar total CL to increase the frequency of drops you get from your kills.

~Avianflame
NSTG Crew  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:46 am
Thanks guys.  

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Auxvia

OG Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:01 pm
If you have a higher G'hi it increases the drop rate. you can just go back to barton for a bit, and that raises it. It really helps when you need to get certain items.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Thanks for the help all. Im also looking for Wing Tree Leaves, need 2 of them but ive killed so many gnomes ive lost count, and still nothing.  

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Roland_Jamison

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:41 am
Okay, the question we really need to know is what level you are. After a certain level, many drop items are nearly impossible to get, such as pink flamingo feathers when you get to about CL 1.5. If you are CL 2 or higher, It may be too late. I know that since I reached about that level, I can't even get items like mushroom caps and garlic sprouts. They drop rates decrease on items like that to the point that they don't show up.
Also, going in with a friend of about the same level won't make the drops more common, but it will make the enemies a little harder. I noticed recently that when you are in a group, you are also more likely to agro multiple enemies by attacking one of them. This is most commonly seen to great effect against Kokeshi dolls. The only drops that become more common from teaming up are orb drops, at least from my experience.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:00 am
Im CL 2.3 i think. I have the sprouts now, im looking for Wing Tree Leaves. If thats the case, surely they should block the quests involving those items for the higher levels. Otherwise they cant complete the quest.  

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Sharkworld

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 am
You can lower your cl by unequipping a ring or two while working on that quest. Just pick the rings you use the least and see how much it drops you down by. The trick is to the get the creature to appear green to you. Thats gives you the best drop rate.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:08 pm
any part of the forest, its supposed to take a long time  

Menardi9

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:26 pm
Thanks for all your help. I now have the garlic sprouts. Just waiting to find Wing Tree Leaves for Rina.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games