Will I be able to complete it?
  Yes
  No
  OMG GUNS R EVIL!!!
  I hope you get bit by a snake
View Results

lazycommie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:33 pm
I'm pumped for it. It's a biathlon out in the desert in Texas that comes every August. I hope to compete this year. It's a six mile circuit consisting of four or more shooting stages(ranges from 200-300 yards), with naught but open desert between them. It's actually quite grueling, as most entrants don't finish.

Currently, I'm training for it by getting used to carrying large quantities of water with me while I walk long distances(miles). After I've got that down, I'm also going to load another bag of similar style up with weights to replicate walking around with 100 + rounds of ammo. My goal is to be able to handle the competition with relative ease. Once that's done, I can get to work on honing my shooting. I'll be using my accurized Mosin for this, probably with a scout scope on it.

I can't wait! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:35 pm
Is it walking or running? Running sounds way to grueling having to carry all that weight...but walking is more feasible, at least in my opinion.

Good luck with your training and the course!  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

lazycommie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:47 pm
Thaliat Everwood
Is it walking or running? Running sounds way to grueling having to carry all that weight...but walking is more feasible, at least in my opinion.

Good luck with your training and the course!

Can be either. I'm working up to hopefully being able to run at least half the course.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games