Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I have returned and I has a medal. :3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I has a medal :3
  Yes you do!
View Results

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 am
Hello!~

From what you'll can see I'm back unfortunately and will not be able to continue the life I always wanted in the army (well until six months but by then I might just go to collage instead *shrugs*). You see this is what happened....

There is what most should know the PT test and the army cannot graduate you unless you pass with a 60 percent in all three categories. The three categories are (for those who don't know) is push-ups, sit-up, and running. The requirement numbers for females ages 18-21 is 19 push-ups, 53 sit-ups, and 18:30 min. in running. Well I can pass my sit-ups just fine (use do like 90 of them) and on my finally PT test I got a 19:30 min. on my run I pushed myself so hard on that run I got a runners high and ended up getting sick all over the track when I was done. whee BUT! for some unknown reason I can't seem to do push-ups not a single one! When I first got there I thought hey with the drill instructors always smoking us (that means make us do exercises from dusk till dawn when we do something bad) that I'll be able to pump out a lot of push ups come my finally PT test. Well I was dead wrong! I've worked really hard everyday just to do one push and I can't seem to do it. It was made me dreadfully upset that I'm not graduating cause I was considered the most improved solider in my whole platoon and I inspired my platoon in many ways. If it wasn't for me my island girl friend wouldn't have graduated. The commander was even going to give me another chance, but the day before the make up PT I was about to hop on the five ton to do some missions for the day when my drill instructor calls me over takes my M-16 and tells me to go get all of my equipment and duffel bag. I'm thinking okay..... I got all the stuff he told me to get when a van pulls up and they told me after I put all my stuff in the van and I hoped in that they were separating me out of the army...... So yeah now you know I'm a extreme weakling. ._.

But! I has a medal in marksmanship with my M-16 so why have strength when you can just kill your opponent. xD

So hello everyone! I hope nothing to bad was going on while I was in basic. :3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:07 pm
Welcome back, moo!

I can't do push ups either. XD
You still worked it out seems like, you got a medal. Congrats, girl.
:3 At the end of those six months you'll be doing push ups with one hand.
XD A guaranteed pass.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 pm
Just work hard. I can't do sit-ups for my life but I can crank out those push-ups. Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses. If I actually tried to develop my back muscles, I would be able to do sit-ups. But since I don't, and I focus mainly on my arm and leg muscles, push-ups come more easily to me.
I'm sure whatever you decide to do, everything will work out. The army is a noble idea for a job.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:14 pm
Welcome back ^^ I'm sorry things didn't work out for you but at least it was a good experience. We're all happy to have you back with us!  

churrlo

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:50 pm
Heh thanks guys :3 I've missed everyone xD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:34 pm

welcome back D: sorry that things didnt work out though...but at least you got a medal right?

: D

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:54 pm
Yeah your right I at least have something I gained while I was there xD I just not get to catch up on everything I missed while I was gone.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 am
i can whip out some push ups, but i cannot do...oh, crap, what're they called...

that thing where there's a bar and you have to lift yourself up? yeah, NEVER been able to do those. crying

its too bad, but i'm happy for you and your medal! xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Angie! I missed you. ;_;

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
{My City!}

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 am
bluegrass cat
i can whip out some push ups, but i cannot do...oh, crap, what're they called...

that thing where there's a bar and you have to lift yourself up? yeah, NEVER been able to do those. crying

its too bad, but i'm happy for you and your medal! xd

Pull-ups? No... those are big-kid diapers... "I'm a big-kid now!" What happened to those commercials?

Chin-ups?

Metalic_Noodles

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:12 pm
I hate pull-ups, chin ups, and leg-ups my arms hurt after hanging on that bar trying to bring some part of my body up >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Oooo! I want to see the medal, and the M-16. xD
Welcome back Angie. ^^  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:55 pm
Angie moo
I hate pull-ups, chin ups, and leg-ups my arms hurt after hanging on that bar trying to bring some part of my body up >.>

pull ups and chin ups! yes! those suck.

anything else i can do, and i KICK a** at sit ups ((or i used to before i got old, lol)).

and i agree w/blue, i want to see this medal! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:26 am
that sucks, i am going to have to do even more when i graduate and go into the marines.
oh yeah, post a pic of the medal, it sounds like it is friggen awesome  

mathwl1020

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:19 am
Fine! As soon as I get a chance I'll take a piccie of the medal xD  
General Discussion