For What Reason? ~UPDATED FIRST POST~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:16 pm
User Image

As I have kids I need stuff for them. There's a lot you need, but I'm going to talk about Pampers. Just after one of my brothers was born Pampers released a program called the Rewards Program. At the time you would cut out the UPC code and mail them back to Pampers. Diapers were worth so many points and wipes were worth less. With these points you could get things such as toys and books for your kids. Both my mom and I thought this was great! So when I had Lydia I looked into it again and saw they were STILL doing it! I was so happy. They had toys and books and now they had photo bundles too. The photo bundles were and still are pointless to me because I can do all that myself. Luckily Lydia needed Pampers diapers because no others would work. So I was off to collecting points, this time around though you just enter the codes in on their sites.

I saw this awesome tricycle for kids that the parents can push, and man I was saving up for it. It was 250 points!

Today I'm still collecting points. I have never redeemed them because I always wanted the tricycle. So I went to see what all they had to offer now for rewards. I was appalled! There were photo bundles up the wazoo, ******** gift cards for Roots, Starbucks, LL bean, Gap, and a few non child oriented places. The only thing for kids on there was a set of 3 cardboard books.

What. The. ******** still pissed that there is pretty much not a damn thing for the kids anymore. I sent pampers an email stating my dismay. Are parents really THAT self centered that they can't even spend the points on their kids?! Or is Pampers just really ******** stupid? Maybe a bit from column A and a bit from column B.

What do you all think? Maybe I'm just over reacting. But I'm pissed I can't get anything GOOD for my kids now!

UPDATE!!

So I finally got a reply back form Pampers and this is what they said.

Quote:
Thanks for contacting Pampers Gifts to Grow.

I'm sorry you're disappointed with the selection of prizes. We worked with many parents with kids in different age groups to be sure we offered something for everyone. Your feedback is important and I'm sharing your comments
with the rest of the Pampers team.

We appreciate your loyalty to Pampers and hope you'll stop by again.

Talk about this crap too!

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:22 pm
Tell me, exactly what does freedom mean...

Wow, that is REALLY crazy. I really don't see the point in gift cards to Starbucks. I can only assume that alot of parents thought that they spent the money on the diapers, they should be able to spend something on themselves.

...if I'm not free to be as twisted as I want to be?

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:47 pm
You ever notice that Bazooka Joe comics aren't trade-in-able anymore, either? Now they're just plain old comics, like in that other brand of similar gum, only now they're not as funny and they're no longer in colour.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:38 am
Sounds really crazy but at the same time it sounds normal to me that they do that  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:44 am
sweatdrop I swear...people find new and more interesting ways of dissapointing me every day...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:27 pm
^^Psycha^^
Sounds really crazy but at the same time it sounds normal to me that they do that

Doesn't sound that normal to me... I can understand having some unrelated points items... but I mean, I would love to be able to get stuff for my kids other than diapers because diapers are freaking expensive.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Trish the Stalker

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm
User Image

You know, after 2 and a half years of buying diapers I would LOVE to have 6 months worth of free diapers! Hell I would love to get any free diaper offer they would have. You can't tell me that Pampers can't offer away some of their products for free.

Oh I only have 130 or so points after buying diapers AND wipes of theirs.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:57 pm
Trish the Stalker
^^Psycha^^

Doesn't sound that normal to me... I can understand having some unrelated points items... but I mean, I would love to be able to get stuff for my kids other than diapers because diapers are freaking expensive.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Its normal to me becuase people are more crazy every day a good example the economic crisis and soccer players are better paid each day and are worth more millions, after looking at soccer and how it works all that bussiness its all normal to me...After soccer nothing surprises me but one thing is for sure its pretty sad they do that kind of stuff  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm
O.o my mom won a draw at the local co-op grocery store for a "lifetime supply" of huggies when my little brother was a baby. free diapers = awesome and win!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:59 pm
I was supposed to win a life time of chocolate! But it never happened cause I came second and the girl who came first cheated!
She's fat now!! Lol biggrin

x

TieselGirl09

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:12 am
User Image

I would LOVE a lifetime supply of diapers, not like I haven't given them hundreds of dollars already.

Tiesel, aren't you glad you didn't get that chocolate now?
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:16 pm
Kyla_Ewens
sweatdrop I swear...people find new and more interesting ways of dissapointing me every day...

:sigh:
I agree. 100%. Very wrong of both Pampers and parents.
Also, ******** coupons that don't specify package size stuck to the outside of the wrong package of Pampers. I want to punch a Pampers representative for that crap.
But I digress (and quit bitching.)  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 pm
User Image

That would be a piss off! I hate when coupons have very small print and you make an a** out of yourself by getting something that ISN'T what the coupon is for. God!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:21 am
As a cashier, I have a lot of people that get coupons which are ridiculously specific. If they're buying kid stuff or have kids with them, I usually take it and explain that the coupon was not valid, or that most cashiers won't take it. Not so much so that they'll know what I did, but so they don't (as GRM said) make an a** out of themselves by coming back with the same ones.
That said, Pampers is ridiculous. Unfair. Their coupons are TOO specific, and misplaced. When someone picks up an item with a coupon stuck to it, they figure it's for that item. With Pampers, it NEVER is.
Edit: And worse, it's almost always not an item we carry.
Edit's edit: Sorry to rant, but the topic made me recall something, so I hope you don't think I'm being pretentious by drawing attention away from the OP.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:28 am
User Image

Hey that's what this thread is for, bitching about ridiculous crap like that.

I also went back to the Gifts to grow today, they don't even have the books anymore. So now there's s**t all for the children! Good job pampers, I hope Dante needs Huggies!
User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces