Ringtones and Cell phones Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:31 pm
User Image

I've been looking around at a bunch of sites that offer free ring tones for my phone, but they either don't have my phone or they're not really free. Anyone care to help me out?

Also feel free to talk about anything related to ring tones and cell phones. Ones you have/want/planning to get.

I have an LG240 which I found out is also called a KG240. That would have been nice to know a while ago!
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:34 pm
Tell me, exactly what does freedom mean...

I have found a way to get free tones on my phone, actually, but it requires the ability for PIX messages. I just have to record whatever I want (it's not the best quality, but hey it's FREE) and send it to myself in a PIX message. Then I just have to save it as a ringtone. I dunno about the specifications of your phone (my internet is really too slow to do any extensive research) but that's what I do.

...if I'm not free to be as twisted as I want to be?

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:45 pm
User Image

Once I get a USB cord for my phone I'll be able to DL music from the computer right to it. But we need to wait until this Friday at least, and then if we decide to do it I need to activate my credit card.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:50 pm
Tell me, exactly what does freedom mean...

I know a few friends who have music phones, and they all say they cannot set their music as ringtones. I'm looking at the info on my phone, and it says that ringtones are in a QCELP format instead of mp3. I've heard rumors of a program that allows you to make ringtones on a computer, and it then sends a PIX to your phone, but I have yet to find it.

...if I'm not free to be as twisted as I want to be?

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 pm
I paid for all my ringtones. Waste of money, I guess, but it was worth the convenience. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:09 pm
Hmmm, if you can find out what format the file is that your phone will use as a ringtone, you may be able to find a converter online that will allow you to convert songs online to transfer to your phone ( Through USB or E-mail if your phone supports it. )

Anyway, next time I see my brother, I'll ask him which site he uses to get his ringtones from. He gets them all for free from the site, so I assume you'll be able to as well.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:10 pm
I just download a song I like from either Frostwire or off of a CD and then transfer it to my phone smile

x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:46 pm
myxer.com is the site my brother uses. I guess it does charge you a little, but that's where he gets all his ringtones from, and you can get any ring tone from there according to him. I don't have a phone so I don't know.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Senryoske

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:03 pm
I guess I can say I'm a lose cause I don't have any sweet ringtones. crying
But I'm searching for the Victory Song used In Final Fantasy 7. It's pretty sweet and me and my friends are a bunch of losers... haha  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:00 pm
I just use the recorder on my phone if the defaults aren't good enough.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:11 pm
I download it from www.mobiles24.com, there is totally free. But you´ll need the USB cable to download it to your cel.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 pm
Phonezoo. Free, and it sends whatever you want through a text directly to your phone.  

Shibaken

Lazy Werewolf

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:24 pm
I've heard Facebook has a free application for ring tones. I haven't tried it yet, but you are supposed to be able to make custom ring tones.

I just email my music/sound bites to my phone number and set my ring tones using those. I've got a lot of anime music I'm using currently. Next up: my collection of Halloween sound effects!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 pm
User Image

Cool, I will try the phonezoo and the facebook one if I can find it.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Brunswick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:19 pm
I personally think ringtones are a waste. I just use a classic ring for my ringtone.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff