Realizations Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 pm
User Image

Lately I've been getting more and more stressed out, which turns into anger for me. It's beginning to get bad, the anger that is. Yesterday I came across my old sketchbook, which is barely used, and I got a feeling of calmness wash over me. I thought back to when I used to draw all the time, and I was a much more relaxed, happier person. So I've decided to start drawing again, however I don't have any pencils or pencil crayons so I can't start right away, but I'll hopefully get some at the end of the week should money allow for that.

My question to you ATG is:

Have you ever just been sitting around when you came to the sudden realization of something you should have already known?
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:22 pm
well...it's not as big of a realization as that, but in chemestry today we had to start a packet of problems after some notes. I was trying to figure out what law it was that the first problem was, and once i figured it out, i started the problem. afterwards, i looked at the top of the sheet, and it had the law there.....  

Liltweet_gal

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:54 pm
Yep. I decided from then on that I wanted to get my a** in shape.

That was a couple months ago. I now walk 9 miles three times a week, if not more, and yesterday walked an additional 20 over normal just because I felt like it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:24 am
I've always known that I'm not a morning person, but when one of my freinds took me aside one morning in school and said, "Please drink coffee tomorrow, or would you like me to buy you some?" it really drove home for me the way I can get. Apparently, I'm insanely bitchy and downright mean when I'm not caffienated first thing in the morning (which should have been obvious since I've never been a wake-up-and-go-getter.)  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 am
Same thing as you, GRM. Sort of. sweatdrop
I've always been pretty good at art. And, like you, drawing relaxes me. About a year ago I realized that my stress can be siphoned out through the arts. So, I got a sketch book and started drawing. My first sketch book Icompleted in about 10months. My second, 6months. Then my third was down to 2months, my 4th to one month, and now i'm on my 5th. It's so relaxing to jsut draw what's on your mind, and the more yo udo it the better you get!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 am
Well, here recently, I've realized that I have yet to meet a single person who doesn't mind hearing me rant about issues I have with my body (shape of my eyes, size of my features, etc.). They seem to always feel the need to comfort me by saying they see nothing wrong and by offering up compliments.
Now, while I find that very sweet of them...that's not the reaction I'm hoping to get. In fact, I'm really not wanting any sort of reaction at all. I don't feel bad about how I look really. There are just some things I'd like to change if I could and I'm sure everyone feels that way about themselves (except maybe Brad Pitt).

The thing is, I can easily see why they'd get annoyed with me if they feel like they have to constantly try and boost up my self-esteem... and the reality is that by complaining about myself, I'm putting them in an awkward position.

So, what I've learned is that I need to be more conscious of others when having a conversation with them and that there are some things you just need to keep to yourself.

I wouldn't have posted this because it really does seem like a no-brainer but, maybe there are some people here who could get something from it. So...since I'm on this kick about considering others, I figured...why not?  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 am
Nice one Ala. For Serious.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:58 pm
User Image

My first book I got for sketching was stolen from me. It had everything I drew from my last year of school in it.

Al I understand what you mean. I think that's something everyone is guilty of from time to time though. Not considering others that is. And here I go again with mine, when ever I have a convo with someone for some reason I have the need to tell them about my experiences that are similar to theirs. Even though they probably don't give two shits.

We are creatures of habit though, I hope you manage to conquer your realization. (I hope that made sense, I'm uber tired right now! sweatdrop )
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:20 am
@Blu - Thanks smile

@Grim - Well, it makes sense to give examples of similar experiences you've had. It shows you can relate to what someone's saying and I don't think it comes off as "oh look at me! look at me!". So long as you acknowledge that you are listening to them and show some interest in what they've said, everything should be good. smile

Sucks about your sketch book though sad Maybe someone just...really liked your work? wink sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 am
User Image

GTR swears I still have it, but I haven't seen it since our move, when it was stolen. We were moving out of a place because we weren't able to pay rent. The landlord decided that he would steal our s**t because of that. A lot of my favourite stuff was taken, including a dragon and a side bag from japan that was given to me as a gift.

I'm still an angry person over that. Trying not to but I can't seem to help it.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 am
Let me guess: he was a slum lord? Our landlord is a slumlord. He doesn't steal our stuff, but he doesn't tkae care of the place very well. We've repeatedly had our ceiling leak above the toilet, and we can't use one of our closets at all because there's black mold on the walls of it. We really need to move out, but...

My friend Jessica once had someone steal a brand new book for no reason at all. She never even got to read it. Why do peopel steal such things?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:19 am
User Image

As slumy as that town got. It was the cheapest place at the time, and we needed to get the hell out of my parents house.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am
Yeah...i can understand that...slum lords should be kept in check, because it's gettign ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Buh, I'm so scared about mean landords. ;_;

When I used to live in an apartment, I kept my bike in the garage by our car and so did our siblings, one day, they were gone and my brother swears he saw the landlord carting them away onto a truck

):

Tsu.png

BlaqkWinter76

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:18 pm
I've come to realize that no matter how loved I am I will always be a cold hearted b***h. End of story. xp  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff