Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
No More! (Lyss's trip to the ER.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hospitals?
  xD
  -_-
  O_O"
View Results

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:33 am
So, Lyss went to the ER with her mommy. After going to the doctor with pain in her right side from Sunday, which radiated upwards, Mom was sent for an appointment with the CATScan machine. When we got there...

... it was hell.

The waiting room was packed, there were little kids running around, (the two that were younger than... 4? are exempt because they do that naturally) there were guys bleeding from places that they weren't supposed to, etc.

So, after a 2 hour wait, we get called for triage and registration.
Another two hours pass, and we go to a room right by one of the doors to other hallways. (Insert key card, doors open) So, while I'm waiting there while Mom's getting blood drawn, the nurses are running around looking for Mom. After that's done, we wait for the urine sample to get picked up. After three nurses, I pushed the little red button. :3

THEN CAME THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT: CUTE ATTENDEE!
Asked for some information clarification. He was funny and cute, and made Lyss's heart swoon. xD

ANYWAYS,

5 minutes later, Mom comes back from CATScan, and another 3-4 hour wait. While the saline IV goes through Mom's veins, we watched Heroes, then Medium, then the News, then How It's Made.

They finally came back during the end of How It's Made (making high pressure cylinders) the first nurse we saw came in, and asked if the doc came in to see us with test results. Mom said no, and that she wanted to go home. Nurse, being awesome, went to go find doctor. After watching some Modern Marvels (VENDING MACHINES O: ) We finally got to leave. Doc says that she's getting meds. We leave at 12:15, get food, come home by 1 AM.

TL;DR :
- 8 hours at Hospital
- Screaming children
- 'House' reenactments
- CUTE ATTENDEE.
- Out of hospital with random diagnosis.

Talk about:
~ Hospital trips
~ Why doctors give random solutions

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am
d: Spending that many hours anywhere just waiting would drive me nuts.
biggrin But maybe if I go crazy at the hospital they'd take care of me sooner.

I fear the hospital, it's cold and huge and filled with torture devices. D:
I don't mind visiting family or friends, I just don't like to spend time there doing nothing. It makes me nervous. >_>

Also I love vending machines, I can't eat anything in a hospital. PARANOIA ISSUES.

The last time I went to the hospital, I think, was when an uncle of mine got his hand's fingers crushed by a wrecking ball or something like it. There was no waiting or anything and I got to see most of my uncles and aunts.

The worst hospital experience I've had was visiting my grandfather when he suffered from the effects of his veins being clogged up. Next to that I guess that time I got really sick and I got a ton of shots to fight of whatever I was ill with. It wasn't that bad since I was sleeping most of the time.

I haven't been to the hospital in years and I hope it stays that way. >_>  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am
lol when i first read that i thought it was you that was sick, i was like "why is her mum getting blood drawn??" xD

Sounds like fun. ER is always horrible- you will never ever need to go to the ER when its not busy. You will always feel like you are dying at the same time as 20 people and their children decide they need someone to look at their sniffles  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 pm
WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT OTHER MEN?! D:<

That sounds horrible Lyss ;_; 8 hours of UGH D: I woulda gone crazy. Is your mommy okay though now? ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

churrlo

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:31 pm
Hospitals are a b***h. My Dad has been in and out of the hospital for two years now. Yet, they still can't find out what's wrong with him :< They thought he was loosing blood because of something in his digestive system but now that there's no problems there, he has to go back to the doctor again.

I was hospitalized around five with Kawasaki disease. During that time the doctor's also found that I was born with a hole in my heart. I was at a Children's Hospital so it was pretty cool~  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 pm
i have diabetes and have gone to the hospital many times.
two of those time almost dying. well i feel bad for both you and your mom. cause i know how the pain of not knowing is and have also see how much it affects those i love. all i can say is be strong and try to think of the hospital like like house(my favorite drama) and more like scrubs(my favorite comedy). hope your mom is okay. still your health is the most importiant thing you got so take care of yourself and your loved ones.
-this has been dr_ramos' advice  

dr_ramos

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:53 pm
My mom's all right. She stayed home with me and little sister. She has her meds for UTI (which to me, is random, cause we of the female population know when we got a UTI)

I love the sympathy and stories peeps have shared. If it makes people feel better, I created chaos at the same hospital when I was 8 or 10. Staph infection + bored kid + hyperness that goes with age = not gonna sit in bed. xD

But yes, hospitals shall always be a b***h to society.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:13 pm
UTI=urinary track infection.......right?  

dr_ramos

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:02 am
I had to be rushed to the ER when I was in Basic training, cause moo had sharp pains in my stomach and I was tossing up a lot. It turns out that I have acid relax disease. I was so amazed how fast they got me in there and got me out. (went in at 9pm came out at 1 am) I wanted to stay xD cause my company was out in the field for a few days but they wouldn't let me. ._.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games