Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Free Loading Moocher or Devoted Mother of a Large Litter Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you respect this woman?
  Yes
  No
  Screw her, I'm just here for the free gold!
View Results

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:09 pm
By now most of you have hear about the lady who gave birth to 8 babies, thus giving her family a total of 14 children and one single unemployed mother. She was artificially inseminated, already knowing her financial status. She is now using a website to ask for donations because she doesn't want to be a welfare mother.

Never mind the fact that the doctor should loose his license for what he did. And he might. Never mind the fact that this woman already had 6 children already and she's not employed and she's a single parent. I just want this discussion to focus on her decision to ask for donations so she won't have to turn to welfare to support her large family.

Does she deserve such help? I think no. Why should she expect me to foot the bill for her choices? Granted, welfare does come from taxpayers' money as well, but she's too good for that, or so she'd have us believe. If she were a responsible adult, she wouldn't have gotten herself impregnated as she already had 6 children and no income. Shouldn't her sense of responsibility kicked in and told her having more children would only worsen the situation? Weren't the first 6 kids good enough for her love and devotion? Or was she looking for a huge brood of children to get some attention? Or was her plan all along to use this to milk free goods out of the public and local businesses so she wouldn't have to work?

I have NO respect for this woman or her actions. I expect in a few years we will be hearing that DSS had to intervene and remove the children from her custody. I feel badly for all 14 of those children. They will not be able to get the attention they'll need to develop as individuals. Hell, even teachers prefer not to have classes of more than 10-12 students so that they can better attune themselves to the educational needs of the students. These 14 children will not be able to receive the individual attention they truly deserve because their mother will be so busy trying to cope with 8 infants at once. Their mother disgusts me for her poor choices that will now jeopardize the well being of all these children.

When the media attention fades away, she will have to either work or get on welfare, because I think there are a lot of people out there who are as disgusted with her as I am. No one is going to want to give her a free ride for the next 18 years. Those children will suffer because of her. That is the sad truth of all this.

She wanted to have all those children, I think she needs to get her lazy a** up and working because she is their mother and it is she who should be providing for them, not the rest of us. I don't think anyone should be giving her a hand out if she wont's work herself to help provide for her own family. I know many single mothers and all but one works a job to support her children. And the one that doesn't lost my respect some time ago, but at least she's using welfare and not begging for donations.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on the matter. I want to know what other people think about her "asking" for donation. How do you feel about her announcing to the media that she does not want to be a welfare mother? If she asked you up front for a donation, and she is not seeking a job for her own income, would you donate? Share your thoughts on this matter.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:51 pm
When I first heard of what this woman did, I was, too be honest, disgusted. Who in their right mind, would have themselves impregnated with octuplets, when they already have six other kids, no job, and are still living with their parents? Then she has the nerve to ask for 'donations' as she does not want to be a welfare mother. I do not know about the rest of the world, but if I had no source of income, and a large family to support, I would get a job, not have more kids. I would never in my life give this woman money. I feel bad for the children, and I think it would be better for them if they were taken away. Their mother will not be able to take care of them. Fourteen children is far too many. If she was in such a financial crisis, she should have been responsible and gotten a job, asked for help from close family and friends. Not have in vitriol and have more children. No one should give her money, she got herself into this situation, and is only hoping to get media attention to pay the bills. If anything someone should be paying the government to take her children away, and place them in a home that can take care of them properly.  

takara kagami

Leader of the Penguins

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:20 am
takara kagami
When I first heard of what this woman did, I was, too be honest, disgusted. Who in their right mind, would have themselves impregnated with octuplets, when they already have six other kids, no job, and are still living with their parents? Then she has the nerve to ask for 'donations' as she does not want to be a welfare mother. I do not know about the rest of the world, but if I had no source of income, and a large family to support, I would get a job, not have more kids. I would never in my life give this woman money. I feel bad for the children, and I think it would be better for them if they were taken away. Their mother will not be able to take care of them. Fourteen children is far too many. If she was in such a financial crisis, she should have been responsible and gotten a job, asked for help from close family and friends. Not have in vitriol and have more children. No one should give her money, she got herself into this situation, and is only hoping to get media attention to pay the bills. If anything someone should be paying the government to take her children away, and place them in a home that can take care of them properly.

i agree indefinitly but they were going to make a reality show about her like tom & kate plus eight but i would never watch it anyway. I mean come on. U have no husband, 6 impregenated kids and then u get 8 more. Sounds like a woman who wants to take away the free people's money with a sob story. But then ppl will start to think tom & kate plus 8 was a load of bull crap. But the six kids kate had was an accident.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:43 am
User Image

This woman is an insult not only to women everywhere but to mothers everywhere as well.

Why has no one taken her children away from her yet? They can't ALL live there and even the father of that woman thinks she's insane. Really someone needs to do something.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:54 pm
Not just her, all mothers. Who in their right mind would bring another poor soul into this hellhole? And what poor woman would risk ruining her body for the sake of bringing more hunger and pain. Though, even without being unnecessarily dramatic, having children is generally a bad idea, in my opinion.

My mother raised three boys by herself on 20K a year or less, and never once received government aid. I'm certain my life would have been easier had she accepted food stamps or welfare, but she's a proud stubborn woman, and very thrifty. The woman in question though is obviously mentally ill or morally bankrupt. Though, the same could be said of Catholics for not practicing birth control.

I say let's hand out free abortions until we have more reasonable populations.

Like I said before, having a child is, at least in my opinion, the most viscious type of cruelty, saddling this poor unsuspecting soul with all of your parental expectations, competing with a culture of cruelty to mold the child into conflicting models, and creating a terribly confused, self-destructive predator.

Unless you've reversed the second law of thermodynamics, having children devalues life, and makes it harder for everyone else.

When it comes down to it, there isn't a difference between 14 kids and 3, because any more than 2 and it becomes exponential. Regardless of how rich you are, there are still costs that are externalized to every other living person. Especially the wealthy, for a farmer's son is far less likely to do large lasting damage to the world around, and cause further pain to the people around him, than a CEO's.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:59 pm
I'm sorry M&HW but that's is probably one of the more insulting things I've read. Having a child is (usually) about love and wanting to have someone to love and sharing your love. Hand out free abortions? Yes this is a cruel world, yes there are bad things in it but its not all bad. There are some beautiful and amazing things in this world that I would love to share with my own kids someday. How on earth does having children devalue life? It doesn't make it hard for others just for yourself. And Catholics are NOT morally bankrupt for not practicing birth control, they just don't believe you should deny the possibility of life. Don't you DARE try to push your morals on other people much less an entire ******** religion. I may not agree with that particular Catholic practice but that doesn't make it immoral. I'm slightly disgusted with you for this post, for reducing the creation of life and the raising of a child to something that sounds awful. Fine you don't want to bring a child into this world, I know a lot of people who don't and that's fine but don't you dare insinuate that I'm lacking morals or am not in my right mind just because I want a child.

That being said, I have no pity for this woman but for her children. In the end I think the kids are going to be the ones who suffer the most. I don't see this ending well at all for them.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:15 am
User Image

There is nothing else in the world that can compare to having kids. As much as I dislike being pregnant, the fact that my body for 9 months is making another human being and supporting that little being is spectacular! Being able to feel it as it grows wondering how it's going to look, wondering if it's a boy or a girl. And that's just before it's born, when the moment finally comes and you get to see and hold your child for the first time, there is this overwhelming feeling of peacefulness that washes over you.

Now it's just awesome, in every meaning of that word, to see what they're learning from you, to know that they NEED you, and knowing that they love you more than anything in the world. I can't imagine what my life would be like had I NOT had kids. I would probably be a work-a-holic because I would have to be to survive, I'd probably also be blowing my money on Cigarettes and booze, because before I was pregnant with Lydia I was a smoker.

Sure to me my body is different, and I'm not happy with it, but I was never happy with my body. At least being pregnant made me thin, best weight loss program ever!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:05 pm
But still having more than two in this already dangerously overpopulated planet is from any practical standpoint a bad idea.

Thomas Malthus predicted back in 1791, that the world’s population would grow faster than the ability to feed it. He said that populations grow geometrically (example being 2-4- cool but food production increases arithmetically (example being 1-2-3-4). We will not be able to support all the lives in this world.

And Sanzo, you are right about the creation of life being a very special thing but you have to admit there are many people out there that have no such lofty ideals when they set about making said precious lives. And yes then the children suffer and then society itself suffers because it is made up of people who did not have the lives they could(should) have had living in such an amazing world.

And Chatholics are far from the only people who need to take a realistic look at where the human species is taking this planet.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm
User Image

And if one dies young? Then there is only one to replace 2. Our population is actually not as horrible as people think. If it was there would be some sort of sickness, or something of the sort to kill us. The earth is more than capable of getting rid of us should there be too many.

My example is the Black plague. There were too many people living in one area, and then the Plague surfaced, and killed off a good percent. It didn't happen where the populations were low, such as North America or in the Orient, just in Europe and area. Because we're cleaner than before, we can support more people in more confined areas.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:50 pm
Yup 3nodding and though it would be silly to worry about it something drastic will, for it must, happen that will kill off loads of people. I'd rather it be some mother nature made pandemic than some human caused violence, though.

Well GRM I don't know where you live but I live in such a densely packed city that I can really feel the affects of over population.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:43 am
[>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]

@ GRM: Isn't it possible that AIDS or cancer are the new Black Plague? Just a thought.

[/>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:01 am
User Image

I've been to Toronto a few times and I still don't get an "overpopulation" feeling from that. I get a "too many mother ******** people moving all to one area because they're dumb shits" feeling from it!

@Steph: I don't believe Cancer and Aids are a big enough pandemic to be similar to the black plague. If we had a flu that could go around and kill everyone it affected then I would consider that one to be similar to the black plague.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:39 am
*Note: Has nothing to do with the main topic. Just needed to say something regarding the the little tangent you seem to have taken*
I don't know the the rate for AIDS off the top of my head but I do know the one in four people will get cancer, period. However, the difference between Cancer today and the Black Plague of Medieval Times is the technology. Which is why it may not seem quite 'as bad' to you.

When people got the Plague back then, it was a death sentence simply because there was no way to treat it. Nowadays, if you happen to catch it, you can completely recover as long as it's promptly diagnosed (and to be honest if this is something like the Bubonic plague, I don't see it going unnoticed for a long amount of time) and treated. And Cancer, well...that's treatable whether it's through surgery or radiation therapy.

And keep in mind that advances in medicine are constantly being made. We know enough about pandemic diseases by now to promptly identify a problem and taking necessary precautions to avoid its spread.

If something's gonna step in to act as population control, I have a feeling it's either going to have to be a massive natural occurrence (SUPER TORNADO OF DOOOOOOM!) or just our own doing.

....Just saying.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:52 pm
Quote:
When people got the Plague back then, it was a death sentence simply because there was no way to treat it.
User Image

That's why I don't consider cancer even close to the black plague. If you catch most types early enough you can treat it so it's no longer a death sentence. Aids doesn't kill anyone, therefore not a plague at all.

The Black Plague killed 30-60% of the population back then. Right now .1% of the worlds population is killed by cancer. That's freaking nothing! I got the worlds population from here, which will increase by the time you see it. Here is where I got the number of people around the world that die from cancer. I did the math and got some .110440774 and so on number.

So no, neither one of these are even close to a plague.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:57 pm
I'd also like to point out that that 30-60% is over like....a century.

And yes, I understand what you're saying, and I agree. In terms of just scale, Cancer and AIDS don't even come close to the damage the Black Plague did. All I'm saying is that there are certain things to take into account when comparing the two; the situations are far from equal. Also, I'd like to say again, that I, personally, don't think that any disease will ever come close to the amount of damage that the Plague did simply because we're smarter. If anything were to act as population control, my money's on a massive war.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff