Reply Community Lounge
GLBT LGBT Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suma-Kaur

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:35 pm
what are your views and thoughts about gay lesbian bi and transgender individuals? Please share your views constructively without attacking individuals or groups.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 pm
My views on them are pretty much my views on everyone in the world. I show you respect until you open your mouth and prove your stupidity to me. Ok that sounded harsh but I mean, I dunno what you're fishing for here. They're sexual orientation or whether they see themselves as the other gender doesn't really matter to me. Also none of my business, unless they're hitting on me in which case I feel flattered and feel the urge to huggle but that's a completely different issue and has more to do with me having self esteem issues at times. So basically.. they're people who just happen to be slightly different than me, like the rest of the known universe.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm
I have lots of gay friends. I'm cool with it. I think same sex marriages are a good thing. I was bummed when my friend Jimmy broke up with my other friend Jason. They were a cute couple.

I really don't like it when the chicks then think they should hit on me. I'm as straight as they come, I never look at a girl and think "I'd do her"...ew. But some how all the lesbians I've met seem to think having gay friends and supporting same sex marriages makes me a dike (maybe because I was fat then). I don't get it. So I don't hang out with lesbians. It's less awkward that way, at least until I make flash cards to explain how I can support them and still be straight.

I even knew a bi girl who lied and said we made out. Yuck! I won't hang out with her anymore for other reasons, but hearing that she was telling people we were kissing was insulting. She wasn't even good looking! talk2hand Maybe I wouldn't be so miffed by lesbians hitting on me if I'd at least get hit on by the attractive ones. But no, I get the icky ones. Sheesh.

The only one who seems to appreciate the lesbians hitting on me is my boyfriend, and that's because now he can say I'm so hot that both sides want me. I'm only average looking. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:03 pm
GLBT LGBT? Redundant much? Are we playing anagrams?

Try this one: GLBTQAI

Or LGBTQIQST2SAOP. (Re-diculous. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, questioning, straight, transsexual, 2 sprit, omnisexual, asexual, and pansexual.

My views of individuals tend to vary, depending on which individuals we're talking about. I certainly don't plan to list and describe every queer person I've ever met. Suffice to say that I like people based on their personality, not who they choose to sleep with. Mostly. If you're a 20 year-old twink who goes after 80 year-old guys with senile dementia, I'm not sure I would like you.

Is this really an in depth discussion? Can we even have a discussion unless someone says something provocative? x3

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:21 am
Taeryyn

Or LGBTQIQST2SAOP. (Re-diculous. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, questioning, straight, transsexual, 2 sprit, omnisexual, asexual, and pansexual.

Is this really an in depth discussion? Can we even have a discussion unless someone says something provocative? x3

User Image

So basically everyone everywhere. ^_^

Here's is your provocative comment, I don't like lesbos. Gay men are fine in my books, as long as they're not mackin' in public as I dislike seeing any one doing that in public, and not telling me about their sex life. But all the lezbos I've met have pissed me off. For whatever reason they seem to assume that it's cool for me to have sex with them because they're a chick and my relationship with GTR doesn't matter and I must be bisexual because I'm a chick or some s**t like that. I guess straight females just don't exist anymore. Their famous line to me "It's ok, because I'm a girl" I ******** hate hearing that and I wanna deck them in their face everytime I hear that s**t. Then even when you tell them to ******** off they don't. They think it's totally cool to try and seduce you and feel you up. And it's every damn time you see them, it's not like a one and only time it's every mother ******** time.

Not only that but I know they, the ones I've met, have thought about having sex with me which is even worse!

I try and avoid Lesbians at all costs because for some reason I attract the crazy a** ones that don't know what NO means.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:30 pm
If the only lesbians you've met were like that, I don't blame you for hating dykes. I've encountered that attitude a bit, and it pisses me off. Granted, I've met straight girls who've ******** around with their female friends, and they don't consider it to be cheating on their boyfriends. Hah.

It's kind of funny. Among my straight friends, I'm considered a tomboy, but in the lesbian community, I'm considered a girly-girl. A "lipstick", despite the fact that I don't wear the stuff.

The lesbian community here is full of backstabbing, drama, and promiscuity. Everyone seems to have slept with everyone else, and I think that's pretty gross. : s

PixiecuTT

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:16 pm
User Image

And that's another thing about them, they all seem to be horny as hell! They can't keep their hands to themselves ever! They think it's cool to make out and fondle where ever and when ever. They have no respect for anyone else. They're just out to get what THEY want and everyone else can go ******** themselves.

It a mentality that I really can't stand, and for some reason Lesbians have it more than everyone else. I haven't even heard of gay guys going up to other guys and saying it's ok because they're a guy. It's almost like it's expected of a girl to sleep with another girl.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:48 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

And that's another thing about them, they all seem to be horny as hell! They can't keep their hands to themselves ever! They think it's cool to make out and fondle where ever and when ever. They have no respect for anyone else. They're just out to get what THEY want and everyone else can go ******** themselves.

It a mentality that I really can't stand, and for some reason Lesbians have it more than everyone else. I haven't even heard of gay guys going up to other guys and saying it's ok because they're a guy. It's almost like it's expected of a girl to sleep with another girl.
User Image

If gay guys went around hitting on straight guys, we'd get beat up. As for the "horny" thing...sounds like a lot of guys I know, gay AND straight.

Most of the straight girls I know have fooled around with at least one of their female friends. :s The "it doesn't count if it's with a girl" mentality is certainly not limited to lesbians.

It's not even all lesbians. Obviously, the only lesbians you've knowingly encountered are the ones who flaunt their sexuality. Girls like Pixie would never, ever hit on you, and you certainly couldn't guess her sexuality just by talking to her.

If you've had an unpleasant experience with lesbians, I can understand why you feel the way you do. : ) Just keep in mind that you've only met one facet of the lesbian community. : P

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:01 am
User Image

All the gay guys I've known don't hit on everything with a p***s. In fact the only way I could tell they were gay at first was by the way they acted. The women on the other hand wanted everything with a cooch! I know not everyone is the way I said, but we learn from our experiences, for me they weren't good ones.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:49 pm
i personaly think that it doesn't matter if it's two girls, two boys, a man that got surgury to be a girl, or a man && a horse. as long as they are happy. although, if they were to start lecturing me about why i should be like them, then they can suck it.  

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

Zombie1429

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:54 am
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It
i personaly think that it doesn't matter if it's two girls, two boys, a man that got surgury to be a girl, or a man && a horse. as long as they are happy. although, if they were to start lecturing me about why i should be like them, then they can suck it.

Do they lecture people and say they should be like them though? I don't think they would as it grossly undermines their argument (i.e. I don't interfere with you and you shouldn't interfere with me). I've always thought that becoming trans would be a far harder thing to come to terms with personally rather than socially, it must be painful if you feel even your body is set against you.

Saying that, we all know no one can be totally open-minded about everything and I confess i'd probably blanche if I realised the guy I was talking too was without a p***s.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:36 am
Disco_Bandit
Saying that, we all know no one can be totally open-minded about everything and I confess i'd probably blanche if I realised the guy I was talking too was without a p***s.
Well there's a difference between "it makes me uncomfortable" and "it makes me uncomfortable so you're wrong and need to stop and should not be allowed to do it or have the same rights as me" One of those I would think the person would be okay with and understand, the other is just stupid. I dunno open-minded to me doesn't even mean you have to agree with people or that everything they do you should automatically feel comfortable with, it means letting people live their lives and have their ideas without interfering. I consider myself open-minded but that doesn't mean everything I come across makes me comfortable or I agree with. I have friends who totally don't agree with homosexuality but they'd never STOP people from having their relationships, that's a type of open-minded to me. I think it'd be insulting to anyone to insist that the only way to be open-minded is to change one of your basic core beliefs. I wouldn't ask for that, I would ask for them to let others live their lives though.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:31 pm
User Image

I donno Sanzo. I mean people who are into having sex with children, animals, the dead.... plants. I know there are laws against these but you can't just say "This makes me feel uncomfortable" to those. Those ones are the ones where you say "Holy mother of hell what are you doing?! there's something utterly wrong in your head and you need to be locked in a psych ward!"

However I mush prefer your version of open minded than GTR's. He believes that being open minded means you understand and it cool with you what happens, and NOT avoiding these people because you're uncomfortable around them.

I rally hate talking about this stuff with him because him and I have totally different views.
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 pm
Disco_Bandit
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

Do they lecture people and say they should be like them though? I don't think they would as it grossly undermines their argument (i.e. I don't interfere with you and you shouldn't interfere with me). I've always thought that becoming trans would be a far harder thing to come to terms with personally rather than socially, it must be painful if you feel even your body is set against you.

actualy, i have been lectured about it. many a homosexual has heard me talking about gay friends of mine, and have tried to convince me that, on the inside, i'm lesbian.  

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

ennaelatan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:49 pm
Maybe I'm wrong for posting in this thread that's seemed to acquire a nice layer of dust over the past months. Even so, I'm going to post.

(The Facade smile
I think there are many reasons people "choose" (publicly convey the idea without actually feeling romantically or sexually) to be gay (I'm referencing both women and men). Sometimes girls choose to be gay in order to gain the attention of men, by exploiting their body's sex appeal. It's a known fact that there is a large audience for sexual lesbian interactions. On the flip side, there are many men who choose to be gay in order to gain the attention of women. If a man feels as if he is incapable of being close with the woman/women he wants to be with - often times its settling and "enough" (not really what he desires, but it makes him feel better) to be as close with that woman as he possibly can without making any sexual advances (Often times, it's easier to put on a facade of being completely uninterested in the opposite sex instead of just uninterested in the specific woman/women). I have no verifiable proof on the internet to link to. My only source is my life. I've been friends with many people, and most of my friends identify as a member of the LGBTQ (I'm not completely up to date with the acronym there) community. I've witnessed and experienced many situations in which people choose to be of a certain orientation in order to seek approval and/or attention/trust of the opposite sex.

(Homosexuality, Bisexuality, Transgender, etc. smile
Now to address honest homosexuality, bisexuality, etc.
I honestly and truly identify as being pansexual. If you want an explanation as to what that is, please don't be afraid to ask. The only thing I request is that all questions/replies are civil... I'm tired of inane fights that evolved from good arguments.
Sexual orientation and gender identity (I realize some may argue gender identity is a lifestyle choice, but I'll get into that in a moment) are ingrained into who we are as people. For those that say sexual orientation is a choice, I have a question for you. Did you choose to be attracted to and romantically or sexually interested in the gender that you're attracted to and romantically or sexually interested in? I'm willing to wager that it was not a choice, but was something that just happened. As for age - sexual orientation (in terms of who we are romantically attracted to) has no knowledge.

(ex smile
If five year old Johnny has a crush on six year old Cindy, that's just how it is. If five year old Johnny has a crush on six year old Mikey - why is there cause for concern? Aren't simple crushes normal for kids at such a young age? Little Johnny didn't decide to have a crush on Cindy or Mikey, it just happened that way.

If people could choose, don't you think they'd choose the easier path of being attracted to the opposite sex so that they wouldn't go through their lives feeling as if they're second class citizens? If it were you, and you could choose - wouldn't you choose the easier way? This argument is invalid to me.

Your sex is very different from your gender. Your sex is what you physically are: female, male, or hermaphrodite. To be so severely uncomfortable in your skin - to feel like a man but to have a woman's body; or to feel like a woman but have a man's body: if you have not experienced it, it's not likely you can understand. I cannot honestly say I understand it, because I haven't experienced it myself. I do, however, have the capability and compassion to try and understand. I'm very capable of empathy and sympathy - I believe those to be my strongest qualities. Nobody should have to go through that feeling their entire lives. To deny one's right to express who they are (not to be confused with what they are) is abominable. Freedom of expression is one of the greatest things about this country (America).

I wanted to give the reasoning for my conclusion (the answer to the topic question) so that you could understand my POV.
Here is the conclusion:

Quote:
what are your views and thoughts about gay lesbian bi and transgender individuals? Please share your views constructively without attacking individuals or groups.

I cannot say that I like every gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender individual. To say I like every individual that identifies as such would be the same as me saying that I like every tall person or every short person. I can say that those factors cannot make me dislike a person. Every person has the right to live and express themselves freely.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games