Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
This is the last confession that I'm going to make.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 pm
Well, as some of you may have noticed by now, my participation in the site has dwindled significantly. I mainly only log on these days to read my PM's. The announcements, the events, the items, and the conversation have all become rather redundant over the last four years. And if you'll notice, Gaia itself is in decline. The most users ever online occurred in April 2008; nearly a year ago. The battle system, along with the Halloween and Christmas events, failed to even draw the attention of a pointless joke-day. In other words, the site seems to be getting less interesting in general. Needless to say, I don't think Gaia will be around forever; granted, it's not going anywhere soon, but I don't see any reason to invest anymore time into such frivolous activities. It was fun, mind you, but as of now I have much more exciting things to do.

If you haven't figured out by now, this is a hiatus thread. I'm not completely leaving per se, or HOMIGOD LEAVING 4EVAR since I'll still continue to drop by, but I've decided that my age of active forum participation is over. Perhaps I'll be back this summer, when I run out of real life excitement.

The post limit on Gaia is 50,000 characters, so I should at least use a bit more of it.

s**t in the real world has been hard as of recent. Two immediate family members have lost their jobs, and I'm finding it harder and harder to scrape together my tuition. (Now granted that I'm already halfway through college with 10,000 in the bank and no loans, so I'm sure I can make it through, but that doesn't make life easy, and it certainly won't put me through grad school.) Classes are hard this semester, and I have them every morning starting at 9:00. And with social obligations every evening outside of weekends, and loads of homework, my free time has ceased to exist. What little of it is left is stretched between gaming, anime, and urban exploration.

Still, I don't necessarily want to loose contact, so feel free to contact me outside of Gaia:
programmer437@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1110198610
I'm also Perry37 on Xbox live, but I lack an internet connection to my 360 right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:17 pm
adding you to facebook! heart

edited to add:

you certainly are busy! 3nodding but i think its good to be more focused on real life than internet life, so i'm all for it! xd

that being said, i don't think gaia is in decline or dying or whatever. i think its just changing and a lot of people who were around in the beginning aren't adjusting well. change is hard, whether its good or bad, its always hard, and a lot of people who used this site felt like it was THEIR site. and ANY change on here has ALWAYS been met with serious resistance. sweatdrop

so, while its true that more and more old-school members have left, its also true that every day more and more new-school members join. 3nodding such is life!

in any case! we'll miss you around here, sug! heart heart heart  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 am
hey, would add you on facebook but im paranoid xD i guess i'll c u round  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:40 am
I already have you on xbox but I added your facebook too.

Have a good hiatus <3  

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 am
Well we certainly miss your presence, but I think everyone can relate to where you are in your life right now.
I hope everything goes well for you =)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 am
See ya, Trev.

I already have your facebook :]  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I went to go add you on facebook and found out I all ready had you. WHOOPS. D:

Well it's been fun Trevor. You did make me LOL quite a few times. heart

Sorry your two family members jobs were lost. It does make things really hard. Hope things get at least a little easier on you.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
{My City!}

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 pm
Hmm. Well, I hope you find real life interesting. I certainly have this year. THANK YOU for spelling "per se" correctly. Hopefully the economy will magically not suck overnight, but that's not going to happen, so the best I can do is wish you luck.  

MonsieurSponge

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm
*sigh*

It's tough to balance life and internet stuff.

I'll miss yah dude.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:50 pm
We'll miss you ; ; Again. xd I kinda feel the same ways sometimes about Gaia D: I come on a few times a week tho hehe. And college is time-consuming DX  

churrlo

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff