Submit

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:38 am
I was in my other guild's moderator options and was updating the guild's main page. When I went to save the changes I noticed this option for who in the guild could make broadcasts. What the heck are guild broadcasts? Is this new? Did I miss a memo or something?

Gaia likes to make random changes I've noticed, but sometimes I have to wonder why.

Discuss:

Guild broadcasts
Gaia changes-surprise changes
Change-Good or Bad?

ps- Anyone know how these broadcasts work?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am
...I have no idea what broadcasts are, sorry Thal sweatdrop

Anyway I just wanted to comment on the subject of Gaia making random changes. Usually I can see the reasoning behind the changes they make. They want to make a certain aspect of the site more streamlined, more fitting of the current overall look of the site, etc etc. And I'm fine with that (yes I'll whine and b***h and moan about how the older way was better IMO but then I'll get over it in like 5 minutes >.>). BUT I absolutely hate it when Gaia decides to change up something fairly big or encompassing the entire site without giving its members a heads up >.> I think the most recent example of this would be when they changed the little Gaian options-bar above each post to the drop down menu underneath the avatar. It was a small change, yeah, but this is something that is going to be all over the site. Just a little note would have been nice is all.

[/whinebitchmoan]

invisible-weirdo

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:51 am
Yeah, I would have appreciated the heads up with that change too.

I still can't find anything on these broadcasts...maybe I wasn't supposed to notice it yet, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:36 am
User Image
It's probably a mass PM option that we owners were bitching about for so long and then forgot about because our brains can only hold one dissappointment at a time.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV2.0

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:38 am
Guild broadcasts are for Gaia's IM thingamajig (huh, apparently my computer thinks that's a word...).

The option in the moderator panel sets who can send an IM to everyone in the guild simultaneously. Soon after the IM feature came out, the ATG actually had a member—that no one knew existed prior to this—that made a thread complaining about how someone in this guild was spamming with the broadcast and how he was quitting because of it...

No one else seemed to have the same problem, however. I'll see if I can dig up the thread...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:16 pm
User Image
Good to know. I keep my Gaia IM off so I don't have that issue.

Also thingamajig is a real word.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV2.0

Izumi Iris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:25 pm
I'll second the heads up-ness. They sent a memo about changing the avitar inventory around a while ago. Nothing. I think they just like changing stuffs when we are not looking...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:18 pm
Ah, so I quickly fixed it so only my Mods can do the broadcast thing for now...no need to have newbs who do not understand spamming within the guild.

I still would have preferred a guild PM feature instead of this Gaia chat thing. It keeps slowing my computer and almost no one I talk to uses it.  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 pm
If you haven't had any problems yet, I don't think it's likely that you will in the future. It was only the one time that I heard any complaints about it, the complaint was only from one person (no one else had received the messages he was), and I can't even find the thread that he made... So, yeah...

@GtR — Yeah, but it's strange the words that my computer flags and the ones it doesn't. I had to teach it "bustiere" but "thingamajig" was already in it's vocabulary...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 pm
Ah! Wow that is a good question, and thank you for who did answer that. u.u

[Haven't been here in forever! wahh]

Nemsy

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out