Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
the epic tale of dusty the cat, or 'how /b/ saved a kitty' Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

animal abusers...
  are ASSHOLES!
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:26 am
I would hope not.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 pm
bluegrass cat
Knitterz

D: ... I think.. thats kind of scary... they tracked him down and found him? geez....

btw I doubt anything is really gana happen to those kids. 14 right? juvie? At most their parents might have to pay a fine and they spend a year in juvie. Which will probably make them bigger douches then they were in the first place.

but at least the cat was saved... hopefully they dont just give him back to the family. If hes put in a shelter i think he would find a home fast being an internet star and all...

the court can order mandatory therapy for these kids, which is good. we don't want them to move on to people...and more kittens. crying

they CAN be placed in juvie though, and contrary to popular belief, you don't just magically get out @ 18 or 21. its when the system decides you're READY to get out.

trufax. go watch "lockdown" sometime when they do a juvie prison.

also, there is no way in HELL a vet would release a cat back to a family like that. even if they're allowed to have the kitty back, i wouldn't be surprised if the kitty "ran away" from the vet's office.

besides, /b/ will stalk this family until confirmation of the kitty's long-term safety is established...bc that's how they roll. heart

.-. what ever you say...

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:30 pm
I was telling one of my friends about the story and she got annoyed.... about /b/. She said it was the "newfags" that tracked the kid down because "oldfags" are the "scum of the internet" and only care about the "lulz." rolleyes

It's the people who follow /b/ like that and bring the s**t up about whose old and new just piss me off. Besides, shouting out memes in public is rather ridiculous - IT'S FOR THE INTERWEBS ONLY.

Ah, I wonder about my choice of friends some days...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 pm
Goddess Ace
I was telling one of my friends about the story and she got annoyed.... about /b/. She said it was the "newfags" that tracked the kid down because "oldfags" are the "scum of the internet" and only care about the "lulz." rolleyes

It's the people who follow /b/ like that and bring the s**t up about whose old and new just piss me off. Besides, shouting out memes in public is rather ridiculous - IT'S FOR THE INTERWEBS ONLY.

Ah, I wonder about my choice of friends some days...

lol, what? i've never heard of anyone DEFENDING the newfags of 4chan.

wow. eek

and i kinda hope the sheriff gets the kitty, too. 3nodding he seems like a coolio dude.

uuuuuum, something else, but now i've forgotten...hrm...

OH YEAH! i bet a whole assload of people are lining up to foster or adopt dusty! my aunt lives down in texas, and she was watching the local news when it talked about that poor kitty who was set on fire by those evil girls and survived. the story wasn't even OVER yet and she had my uncle in the car and they drove to the vet's office to try to adopt the kitty, lol. xd

she said when they got there, over 20 other people were ahead of them. the vet had to tell them it couldn't be released to ANYONE not on staff until the investigation was over, so they donated a bunch of money instead. and then a week later came back for a cat she'd fallen in love with while they were there. 3nodding he's like, six or something, and kitties that old rarely get adopted, but he fit in perfectly with her other mature kitties.

heart

i tried to adopt a 'special needs' kitty from a no-kill shelter here in ky, but they said if it were ever pounced by another kitty, it could fracture something bc it was born with weak bones and a weak spine. crying i was like "craaaaaaaaaaaap" bc i knew as soon as i came home with that kitty, MY kitties would've been all over it. sweatdrop

so i bought them the biggest bag of kitty food i could find in the store instead. xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:34 am
Bluegrass, you've got some of the best motivational stories heart

Oh, and she wasn't "defending the newfags," she's all for that "scum of the internet" BS. But like I say, it's not something you really talk about offline, imo. And if you do, most people are like "wtf are you talking about?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:01 am
Goddess Ace
Bluegrass, you've got some of the best motivational stories heart

Oh, and she wasn't "defending the newfags," she's all for that "scum of the internet" BS. But like I say, it's not something you really talk about offline, imo. And if you do, most people are like "wtf are you talking about?"

lol, its bc i'm old.

and yeah, i get the whole "don't talk about it offline" stuff bc when i was trying to explain how AWESOME this story was to my parents, i had to first explain what anonymous was and they were all like "wait...what?" every five minutes. xd i finally just said "ITS AN INTERNET VIGILANTE GROUP THAT'S KNOWN FOR BEING SNARKY!" and they were like "ooooooh, okay."

rofl

I UPDATED THE FIRST POST! GO READ!  

WastelandMama
Crew

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items