Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] - - against the sky ... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm
roleplay between ;; faeyas and n e v e r l a n d - - xx /// mia&&sable and krinn&&lan. please dont post unless you are one of those two.

--------

The sun beat down cruelly through the tattered clouds like shards scattering the landscapes that day, pregnant with warmth and making for an unusually hot afternoon. Amie's was decorated the soft thrum of chatter, townsfolk and the like out and about in the marketplace and center of town. The city was alive with action, people out on dates, shopping, or just enjoying the scenery and passing through. Near the market place however, in the center of a square decorated with a fountain that sprouted clear water there was a small crowd gathering, applause sometimes decorating the center and breaking the small waves of chatter. They were watching and putting their hands together for a certain performer in the center. A performer with black and gold hair.

A thrum of soft amusement roused in the back of Lan's throat as he dipped backwards into another series of cartwheels and flips, landing ever so gracefully along the edge of the clearing, the crowd settling the edge with grins on their faces. Passerby's stopped to watch for a few moments before making it on their way, talking amiably about the cirque like performer. Krinn sat on the fountains edge, nibbling at the edge of an icecream cone and idly stroking Sona's fur, a smile on his lips as Lan made another series of turns and twists, as though he were on a tight rope in the sky.

He's not so much of a ditz when he's like this.
The dust child thought absently, licking another vanilla part of his icecream and offering it the cat beside him. Another round of applause went off when the young adult back flipped through the air, landing on his hands and propping himself up into a standing position before teetering backwards and landing on his knees. Soon enough, however, Lan was pushing himself up and away, a sheen of sweat falling across his slim neck and back. The cat near Krinn purred and stretched out, and the young child looked over, his eyes dancing with interest as he spied the crowd, looking for familiar faces. The water from the fountain was splashing against his back, but it felt so good under the cursed warmth of the sun. He was a raincloud dust, how the heck was he supposed to survive under this intense amount of heat? The boy was already covered in a sheen of wetness from the fountain, having stuck his bare feet in it earlier. "Its so hot." He complained out loud as Lan panted and stopped his rally, the crowd cheering lightly and starting to disperse as he walked over to Krinn and put his hands on his knees, trying to pull air into his lungs.

"I know, right? I'm so out of shape. It feels like its burning." Lan said in between pants, looking up at Krinn with a crooked smile as he straightened himself up a bit and sat down beside the other, falling back into the shallow depth of the fountain almost instantly. Krinn squeaked when water hit his side and tried to save his icecream, staring down at the now half submerged guardian. Lan was without a shirt as it happened to be, and his pants were pulled up loosely and tightened directly below his knees, bare feet hanging over the edge. His hair was in a common ponytail, and his slightly tan body shown with wetness as the water danced over the both of them. "Should you really be walking around half naked?"['/color] Krinn asked jokingly, shoving Lan in the side a bit. "After all, you were the one who scolded me for taking off my shirt." The two boys exhaled sharply, obviously not used to the hot weather.

"Maybe someone will come along and distract us from our misery." Lan said thoughtfully, still being drenched in water. Krinn simply rolled his eyes. "Yeah, like who? Sorry Lan, I dont think any strangers are going to waltz up and offer to take us out for lunch." With that, he laughed and took another bite of icecream as the other groaned out, closing his eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:08 pm
"We are leaving the house?" Sable asked Mia confused.

"Yes, get ready I need to make a delivery today." Mia repeated for the tenth time. Answering the same question got annoying.

The heat barely made it into the building, and Sable sat nearest the center. She hated the heat. She liked being in the house where it was shaded and the slight breeze of the day cooled the indirect heat.

"How do you know I can survive out there?" Sable countered. She learned that she wasn't normal a while ago, she later found out that Mia didn't know what she was.

"You seem to survive those baths you take just fine." Mia retorted. "Just think of this as a dry bath and get your shoes on."

After much more grumbling and protest Sable and Mia found themselves on the path into the city.

"Where are we going? Gillian's?" Sable knew Gillian's store was close and thus she would celebrate that they could be home much quicker.

"No Lisa's" Mia informed the girl, "She asked for a bushel of my apples, seems to think this heat will let up later on for some pie weather."

"So not only are we walking in the heat to a weird store that takes a while to get to 'cus its half hidden, but we are going there so she can bake."

"That would be about it."

"You want me to die. I get it. I don't blame you. Right now I want to die too." Sable wiped her brow, clearing the sweat that was forming over it.

"Stop being dramatic Sable." Mia warned. It was too hot to argue. In fact, it was too hot to continue talking.Talking too too much effort and warmed the body. So they walked in silence.

A splashing sound drew Sable's ear as they turned a corner to a familiar sight.

"Krinn what are you doing out in this heat!" Mia shrilled.

"Sure... worry about the boy... but me? oh yeah I can handle a hike in this."Sable mumbled before walking up to the fountain, removing her shoes and stepping in.

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 am
Krinn heard a shrill familiar voice and raised his eyebrows, having finished his icecream a few minutes ago. He was now sitting still and sticking out his tongue, panting like a dog overheating as he fanned himself. Something in himself was making him feel sick from all the heat, and he leaned back, trying to get into the water even more as he eyed Mia and smiled a bit, waving before going back to trying to cool himself off.

"Uh, trying not to overheat I think."
He answered back with a tone somewhere between exhaustion and entertainment. "Its so hot out Mia, and our house doesn't have anything to keep us cool." he explained lightly waving his hand against his face, and looking down at his childish bare chest. "And Lan wanted to try going swimming." He added on sarcastically as the now wet and half naked man dragged himself up from the fountain waters, looking over at Mia, his eyes lighting up with recognition.

"Morning Mia - and Sable. Its good to see you again."
He chimed in between a bit of panting, looking up a the dust child stepped into the cold water. He paused, looking over at Mia with a slight teasing grin. "You look... short as ever Mia." And chuckled a bit, adding a quick "joking joking" comment to the end. "You should come in here. It feels much better then out in the heat." Lan chuckled, flopping up into a sitting position, already doused from head to toe in a sheen of water. Krinn glanced up as well with a slight grin and smiled at Sable. "Hey, long time no see." He between puffs of breath before wriggling back fully so that he was being doused and streamed by water. "Its so hot Lan.... cant we just find an ice cooler and put ourselves in it?" He complained in between talking, looking over at his guardian and fanning himself again.

Lan glanced over at the other, a bit of concern dazzling his appearances for a moment.
"I dont think that would work." He laughed a bit, ruffling the others head. "But you dont look too good in all this heat." Glancing back up at Mia, Lan cocked a concerned eye brow and smiled a bit. "Got any ideas on how to cool down? The fountain was the furthest I got." He said, a bit of sheepish tones hinting in his voice. He was glad to see Mia and Sable. He had missed them, and had been waiting ever so long to see them again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:50 am
"Thanks Lan." Mia rolled her eyes, "I would say I could join you but I have a delivery to make." Mia lifted the apples in her arms to show as proof. "It will only a be a moment, so maybe Sable can stay here for a while. Certainly would give my ears a break."

"No complaints. Then I suggest we either go up the mountain, or back to our place near the forest which is giving off a nice breeze right now." Sable suggested, sitting in the fountain now to keep cool.

She smirked and started to splash Krinn a bit. "I though you were something to do with rain... can't you like... bring us some?" She teased the boy.

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:26 pm
Lan chuckled at Mia when she rolled her eyes and brushed a hand up to wave at her with a grin. "You're welcome, any time Mia." He said in good nature, though there was a hint of mischief in his dappled sky blue eyes. "Delivery? Apples? Oh, they look so tasty." He commented, standing up and jumping out of the fountain to amble over, shaking like a wet dog and spraying Mia in a light shower of water just for the hell of being a tease. "Mmm, you should deliver some to me sometime." He joked, putting his hands behind his head. "And sure, I'll watch over the two while you make your delivery. I'm sure your ears need it after all." He rolled his eyes with a chuckle. "But hurry, I'm not sure how long I can handle the dynamic duo." he said evenly, remembering the last time the two had run off together.

Krinn glanced over at Sable with a curious smile, laughing a bit.
"No complaints here either. A nice breeze sounds nice." He agreed, even though it was just a matter of waiting for Lan to return over to them before they could ask to go anywhere. Unless they just ran off like the last time they had met up. Yelping a bit when he was splashed, Krinn retaliated with a light splash back at Sable, playfully grinning at her as well. His sarcasm was all in good fun however.

"I may be amazing and all that, but I'm not that good yet, you know. Anyways, aren't you something to do with fairies? Cant you sprinkle some dust and take us away flying?"
He laughed, retaliating the childish joke with one of his own, even though he had never thought about it that way before. Trying to bring some rain? Perhaps.... With the heat, it sounded like a wonderful idea. Krinn glanced up at the sky for a moment, thinking. Maybe I should try... He thought and shook his head. Later though. Turning his dual eyes back to Sable, he laughed a bit, already soaked to the bone. "Anyways, what do you want me to do? Try a rain dance? I'm not sure that would work like it does in all those stories."

Meanwhile, Lan just placed his hands on his hips and laughed a little, turning his eyes to Mia and shooing her off with his hands in a rather teasing manner.
"Well, at least they're still getting along." He said in good nature, grinning at the shorter girl. After all, he was almost a head taller then her. That made for some very interesting comparisons.

Who would have thought?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:52 pm
"Oh don't worry the sooner I'm done the happier I will be..." Mia called as she left the scene.

"Sure dance for us!" Sable began to clap, "And if that doesn't work off to the mountain!" She stood up and extended her arm for a short time before falling back into the fountain creating a large splash. Sable giggled, she was being silly and and 100% blamed the heat.  

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:54 pm
The curious girl left the scene so quickly that Lan didn't have time to even comprehend most of it. A c**k of the eyebrow and a slight quirk of the lips left Lan in a state of entertainment, before he turned back to his charges and sighed. It wasn't that he didn't have a problem with them being together. It was just that together, Krinn and Sable were able to make a duo that could get into trouble no matter the circumstances at all. It was simply a matter of time. But until the trouble started, Lan supposed he would deal with the heat by simply ignoring it. Falling forward into a handstand, the chef sighed in relaxation, cocking his head up at the sky for a moment before returning to his rhythmic routines as before. The fall and rise of his chest heightened as he attracted a crowd once more with his stunts and tricks, but the young adult forgot about them curiously enough, and instead simply shifted himself into the state where he simply forgot everything and focused on one thing in particular.

Dazzling the crowd.

Krinn grinned sheepishly at the other and put his hands on his hips, watching Sable for a moment before shaking his head and letting loose an exhale of a playful sigh.
"Sorry, I think I forgot to tell you." The rain cloud dust shrugged his shoulders up into a teasing grin, then returned them to his hips, splashing a bit of water at Sable. Trying to cover himself from getting even more wet when the other fell back, he grinned with a slight laugh and shook himself out like a wet dog. "I dont dance. Why dont you teach me?" With a grin, he sat down on the rim, his bare feet underneath the surface of the crystal clear water. A content hum left his throat. "To the mountain then." he declared with vigor, then turned to Lan and watched as the other flipped himself in and out, weaving his way around. A sheepish smile fell onto his features. "Though maybe we should either go on our own, or wait for Mia. Lan seems pretty occupied right now. I highly doubt he'll be entertained by us dragging him off."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 pm
"Well I suppose I can teach you what I know, and being higher may make the dance more effective." Sable considered the situation. Lan did seem to be having fun... and Mia was a kill joy... "We should probably go ahead." Sable told Krinn, "When Mia gets back I have a feeling she and Lan will go up the mountain after us." She shrugged as she watched the grown man act like a circus clown. "The sooner this heat is gone the better I think...." Sable stood up and plopped back down for good measure before jumping out of the fountain, "Last one up there is a cactus!" She called as she started to run off... not so fast that she would lose krinn.  

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:17 pm
"Oh really?" Krinn grinned over at the other girl, standing ankle deep in the water and watching her with his stormy eyes. He was quite entertained by the thought of running off - again! - without the two kill joys around, even though he knew sooner or later Lan would notice and have a panic attack. When she noted that they should go on a head, Krinn grinned and nodded. "Mm, yeah - anyways, those two are slow - we've got a head start, after all." He said in a grin. It was interesting to be with an old friend again - Sable was definitely the same as before, which made the rain dust much happier. His confidence as well was boosted by being around a person he was familiar with, as opposed to the embarrassing situations Lan sometimes managed to get him into. "The sooner theres rain, the better." Krinn retorted back when the other noted on the ran and then jumped out of the fountain. With a yelp as the other taunted him, Krinn dashed out of the water, droplets splaying everywhere. "W-wait a second - Sable, no fair!" He called after her and dashed for the other, making sure to keep track of her. To the mountain then! Krinn smiled to himself as he dashed to catch up to the girl, running side by side with her as they disappeared from the square.

Same old, Same old.

Five minutes later found Lan staring blankly at the spot where the kids had been before, rubbing the back of his head with a sheepish grin on his face.
"Sa...." He thrummed, staring down at the crystalline waters. They'd run off. Again. How had Lan been stupid enough to take his eyes off of them for one second?

"Mia's going to have my head for this."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:41 pm
Mia walked up on the black faced Lan. She sighed, wiped her forehead and then folded her arms. "You got lost in your own thoughts again didn't you." She accused, looking up at the man from her short height. Sable was a well known escape artist, and she and krinn had already proven they could run off if given the chance, and yet this man got lost in his day-dreams again.

"Well don't just stand there....think. Any idea where they went?"

------------------------

Sable found that eventually she had to slow down her steady run to a steady jog. Running up hill was hard after a while, no matter how much energy one has. "How close do you think we are?" She called to Krinn, slowing to take a look behind herself.

Already it was starting to cool off a bit.

But it was still pretty hot.

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:26 pm
Lan squeaked a bit as he heard Mia's voice, shoulders jolting up in a surprising manner. It was funny, the difference in the way Lan acted around women as compared to men. Perhaps it had been his experience with the circus that had made him frightened of just how tough some women could be - especially his trainer. Turning to face Mia, he smiled and rubbed the backof his head. "I did not!" he said hotly when she accused him of getting lost in his thoughts. Faltering a bit, Lan let a sheepish smile come onto his face. "Okay, maybe I did. But I didn't mean to. Anyways, I was hoping they had matured a bit." Lan rolled his eyes at that thought. That would be the day, yeah? Sighing, Lan closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his head again, tousling the black gold strands around a bit.

"I think they said something about wanting to go to the mountain... But I cant be sure. Wherever they go though, theres bound to be a bit of trouble."

-------

Slowing down to the other girls pace, Krinn panted slightly, thankful for all the working out he had done running the dogs and walking them as well. Looking over as Sable asked her a question, he blinked and shrugged, turning his head to feel a slight breeze cross his cheek.
"I bet we're close, it feels nice and cool up ahead." He said with a smile. Then he panted and reached the top of the hill, stopping for a moment and leaning over onto his knees. "I dont know how you're able to run for so long." He said through a bit of panting before straightening up again and shaking his head. He was already starting to dry off. "Maybe one of the clearings for the mountain are around here - lets keep going before Mia and Lan show up." Krinn said with a laugh, imagining those two barging up the mountain after them.

Such a troublesome duo, they were.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 pm
"To the mountain then." Mia turned towards the hills and the greater mountain in the distance. "Sable is a loose cannon at times but when she sets her mind to something.... hell will freeze over before she stops." Mia explained, damning the day and its heat and the hike ahead of her.

------------------------

"Right." Sable turned and followed Krinn up the mountain further, "My wings tend to make running easier." she explained as they made their way higher, "Its like I always have a tail wind ya know?"

Spotting a side ridge, Sable snuck off the path, waving Krinn to follow her. "Look at this!" She snuck around the side and looked up.

Over the small jump in the mountain was a big field in the distance, "I think that will do don't you?"

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm
Lan rolled his eyes and followed the other girl with a slight grin. "You sound so enthusiastic." He joked, padding along beside the girl. "With a girl like that, Krinn could be a menace to this entire town... Those two really do make a dynamic duo, dont they?" Lan joked, nudging Mia's shoulder good heartedly for a moment. Padding towards the path that led to the mountain trails, he glanced back and grinned mischievously at the other, hands on his hips. "If you really dont want to walk this, I'm sure I can give you a piggy-back ride." He offered, spreading his arms a bit.

It was true, the hike would be a bit long - and those kids had run it so by the time they made it up there, there would be no telling what the two had gotten themselves into.

-----

"Pff."
Krinn shook his head at the explanation and grinned at the girl. "Is that so? Lucky." He replied, eyes flashing as he turned them out on the wide expanse before them. Striding after the other and onto the off road trail, he snuck a glance around the corner before following Sable fully and looked up when the other called to her. The big field Sable had spotted looked entirely entertaining, and easy enough to get to. "That'll do." He agreed with a grin. "So then, ladies first?" He inquired, dipping a playful bow to the other and gesturing for her to lead the way. A smile lit up on his features - this would be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 pm
Mia shot Lan a look that clearly said 'die'. The man was nice, but losing the kids on a day like today? After she had just spent all that time in a building at least thirty degrees warmer than outside... Mia had wanted to enjoy the fountain.

Instead she was now climbing mountains. Everything Lan was saying about Sable and Krinn was more than true. Those two usually would equal chaos if left to their own devices. Which is why sane people wouldn't take their eyes off them.

"No piggy back rides." she grumbled and continued her pace up the mountain.

-----------

Sable burst out laughing, "Well if you insist." Sable pushed against the ledge to lift herself up high enough to put a leg onto it. She quickly climbed up and was amazed at the size of the field. Who knew something like this was on the mountain?

"Come on I think we need to be more central." she bent down and offered Krinn a hand up.

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:15 pm
Lan just laughed at the look and caught up with the other woman, padding along beside her. Sure he had lost the kids, but it proved to be an entertaining day. Anyways, if their luck proved, even though the two had run off, they would find something that would be worth their while. "C'mon, cheer up..." he said light heartedly. "At least I didn't spill yogurt on you again." He paused, nibbling on his lip for a moment and pocketing his hands in his jeans. "Or bowl you over. Again." Another small laugh left his throat as they began to hike. He wondered just what kind of trouble Krinn and Sable would get into. Why cant he always act like he is around Milo? Then he wouldn't do anything so insane. Lan thought teasingly to himself with a soft sigh before glancing over at the other woman. "You sure? Alright." He grinned and then strode out, his long legs making him a bit faster then the other woman. "But you're missing out." He said from a few strides ahead, his eyes lighting up with mischief.

This would be a fun day - even if Mia killed him by the end of it.

--------

Grinning at the laugh, Krinn put his hands on his hips and watched the other clamber up. Sable was surely much more experienced in the outdoors then Krinn was. Sure, he explored the city every chance he got, though he had never really ventured into the forest or anything of the like. Looking up at the hand offered to him, Krinn repeated the motion and hauled himself up with the help of the other.
"Thanks." he said, grinning. Standing up, the dust brushed himself off and glanced around. "Wow, it looks really nice here." He said, just as a breeze brushed past them and ruffled their hair. "Mm, and it feels so good - but you're right - lets do that." he said, and started to pad forward again, waiting a bit for Sable to follow along with. The field was just within their reach, and Krinn wanted to enjoy it before Mia and Lan decided to try and find them up there.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff