Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:33 am
I have a slight problem. I'll be going to college this fall and have gotten in late concerning job hunting and acquiring money for said institution.

Dean wants me to see him in August for a week. My mom has considered it and is willing to let me. The thing is, the Air Force is offering jobs from $10.80-$14.80 depending on the job you're given (it's a lottery).

I'm more likely to accept the job for college and work my a** off during the school years to get myself through college. What about Dean? I won't have time for him.

So. In one way, I'm hurting myself and in another, I'm hurting Dean. I'm stuck on what I should do and how I should handle this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:38 am
User Image

Talk to him and see what he thinks. He was the first person you should be talking to about this, not us.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:44 am
He's at work right now. I won't talk to him for another couple of hours. I understand that I need to talk to him first.

*Sighs.* I know what he'll tell me: "Do college first, I'll wait." Waiting, for the both of us, is hard. I just don't want the distance and minimal interaction to wear on us and cause us to separate. Then, me being paranoid, I'm afraid he'll find someone else or that I'll find someone else.

Bleh. I need a hug.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:46 am
If you guys just keep doing what you're doing now and things are meant to be things will be fine. It's kinda how things are with me and my fiance right now. It's working though, you just might have to set specific days for each other and such. Plus it really makes the times you see each other that much more special.

All in all, I would not stress about relationship issues this soon.

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 am
User Image

You know I had that fear too about GTR at first because we had a long distance relationship too. I realized that this was perfect. Should he go and find someone else he wasn't worth my love, however if he was actually able to keep his pecker in his pants, not fall in love with anyone else and STILL want to be with me after all that, he was more than worth every drop of love I had to give!

He didn't do anything with anyone, clearly because we're still together, and the love that I have for him is greater than I could have ever thought. Now I trust him beyond anything. The fact that he cared about me so much also adds to how much I love him. I makes for a great foundation for your relationship.

Just keep in mind that that doesn't mean you won't still get into fights over whatever. rolleyes
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:01 am
It's just very frustrating. I worry because he's my first and I don't want to screw up - blah, blah, blah.

My dad pointed out to me earlier that I don't even know if I'm going to get the job. What's worse is that my parents are bitchy when it comes to working far from home. I don't have a car and financial situation overall sucks.

*Sighs.* Too much at once. Today, I'll be going over my FAFSA with my parents, estimating all the junk they want to know and see whether or not I'll be getting financial aid from the government. THEN! I have to pay more money so I can get my SATs and application into the college over with.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:49 am
Boyfriend vs College? College wins every time. Being responsible and planning ahead sometimes take precedence for a couple of years, and any boyfriend who can't respect/accept that is a giant douchebag idiot who needs to be kicked to the curb. Seriously, college doesn't last for the rest of your life, it's only a couple of years. Even if you go to University, it rarely takes more than 4 years to graduate if you are taking a full course load and concentrating on your schoolwork. That includes 4 summers of working your a** off to cover tuition, and limiting your social life in order to do so. If anyone can't handle you doing what you need to do for a couple of years in order to be able to support yourself as an adult, he or she has some serious problems.

My very clearly formed impression of Arc is that he is not that kind of selfish jerk. I'm guessing that while he may be disappointed, he would understand the necessity of taking the job. You would be hurting him more if (hypothetically) you didn't take the job, discovered you couldn't afford tuition, decided to work crappy $10-14/hr jobs until you could (hypothetically) get married and wind up resenting him for being the reason you never went to/finished college. Meanwhile he resents you for resenting him AND for being a leech who doesn't pull her own weight because she never got any kind of higher education and can't get a decent job... you see how this hypothetical situation is going?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am
4laugh i say colledge first.if your boyfriend loves you he'll wait. 4laugh  

light mother 5

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 am
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

I'm going to have to say college comes first.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:23 pm
*hugs*
My opinion is likely unwanted at this point, since I'm pretty much gonna say what everyone else has said, but oh well.
College. Definitely college. While Arc may be a tiny bit disappointed at times, he'll understand and he'll wait. He knows how important this is and I doubt he's the kind to selfishly pull you away from something this big.
And as for the distance, you guys can pull through. Mr. Cow and I are long distance as well. We're nearly a thousand miles apart and can only physically see each other every few months. But we talk pretty much every day, and, like Xik said, the distance makes those few days together seem extra special~

invisible-weirdo

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:51 pm
Well, everything that is needed to say has pretty much already been said. This has never really been in our hands, as it is a matter of trust between you and Arc.
But just to be safe, don't take any drinks from anyone at college unless they are canned or unopened. Be observant, since pretty girls are often targeted by all sorts of people.
...I might just be worrying too much, since I gave my sister pretty much the exact same spiel when she went to college...
But, it's Arc's job to worry over you, so I'll let him handle it from here.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:46 pm
Don't listen to Erverain.

(Psst. Stop making my job harder, dude. D8<)  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:55 pm
Jaft
Don't listen to Erverain.

(Psst. Stop making my job harder, dude. D8<)

But that's what I live for, my boy.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:01 am
The last thing you want to do is give up on something for another person. I do hope that things go well for you guys, but if anything ever happens and things don't work out (even as a just-friends thing) you will forever kick yourself and hate yourself for letting your relationship stop you. You might even do that if you're happy together.

Go for what you want, he'll understand, disappointed or not. Because that's the kind of guy he is.

PS: Erve, you're waaaay too worried. Nothing bad ever happened to me at university, a party, or a bar. ...unless you're saying I'm not pretty? :0

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Trish the Stalker

shiny dollar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:19 am
Stuff that, take the job and go to college. >.< If he cares he'll understand. Probly.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff