Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
thank goodness! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the engine in the car goes
  VROOM VROOM VROOM!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:32 pm
on thursday, my car died. crying

she was idling funny, wouldn't go "vroom vroom" like she normally does, and was just behaving badly.

i've had this car for YEARS. its the car i learned to drive on. a 1995 geo prism. aqua. ((or 'slate green', officially, but its really aqua.)) over 180k miles on it.

i LOVE this car. my mama says i have an unhealthy relationship with it, but i LOVE it. i feel safe in it. its hella responsive and nimble. LOVE MY CAR.

its decorated with stickers and it USED to have a cool hello kitty steering wheel cover until SOMEONE ((read: angel!)) destroyed it with his stupid boy hands! stare

anyway, she died, and i was TERRIFIED. angel said it was the transmission, daddy and bradford ((step-daddy)) said it was the spark plugs, so we switched those and nope. didn't work.

bradford ended up getting it and taking it back to his shop. crying when he was here and tried it for himself, he said it seemed like a transmission problem, except it wasn't acting quite right for that.

i still gasped in HORROR bc a transmission problem, for those who do not own vehicles yet, can cost upwards of $1500-2000 to fix and sadly, my car isn't even WORTH that anymore. sweatdrop

today i get a call from bradford, and after a lot of really MEAN teasing about my car, he tells me its been fixed! heart

HUZZAH! it was a distributor cap/wires/rotor combo problem and she's all better and waiting for me @ my mama's! heart

i was SO HAPPY!!! i actually said "SAINTS BE PRAISED!" and i don't even believe in saints, lol. rofl now i'm having some celebratory haagen-dazs rocky road ice cream! woo!

ANYWAY! this shall be a happy thread!

what was the last piece of good news you recieved and how did you respond? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 pm
XD I wish someone would surprise me one day with good news about anything. I usually figure stuff on my own and pretend to be surprised, it's evil of me, but if they make it obvious then it's not really my fault. D:

:3 Congrats on getting your car fixed.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 pm
The last good piece of news I received was that my hearing did not change this year- I'd been wearing the hearing aids on the wrong ears! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:17 pm
Yay BG!
---
My last piece of good news was when Misaki came into my house to hang out, and my dad was like, "By the way, we're going to Disney World AGAIN in June, AND we're bringing Misaki. We've planned this with both of our families for months, and because of that military deal, we're going."
I was like - eek ................. surprised ...................... blaugh

Misaki has never been, and her family is having financial troubles so this will be perfect! You guys know i jus went last summer, but i had to go with whiny family. now Misaki is going and I am excited. I have no siblings, so I always go with just my parents. MOAR PICS WILL BE TAKEN OF COURSE.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:17 pm
lol awesome mrgreen that car will never die i tell you! never! *touch wood*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:42 am
the last good news I got was that I didn't lose My $5. It was awesome!  

mathwl1020

ValkyriePrincess92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:51 pm
the last good news was that i had a 2 hour delay this morning when i slept in xp i stayed up soooo late last night for no reason! other than that, its a fight between:
1) me going to puerto rico to visit my family this summer
2) my ex, chris, getting cheated on by a girl he left me for (he was cheating on me with her, i found it ironic! i was laughing for- no kidding- hours!)

congrats about the car! my piece of poo trans am broke down, so i just rolled it into the junkyard and sayed "eff this" and walked away! she was soo beautiful too, she was red with a big black bird painted on the hood (it was the origional paint job, but i had it "updated" b/c it was fadeing. i paid i think $60 to my friend to paint it with me). yeah, i hate it when there's a tansmission problem! my ex boyfriend's truck broke down with trans problems, and i laughed my butt off when he told me! (hey, he was mean to me when we were dating, i figure i was entitled ot at least 1 laugh at his expense!!)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm
I asked this girl out today...

AND she said yes! hooray for us! biggrin biggrin biggrin  

kyruko

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 am
The last good news I got was I would be able to wear contacts. Which I am wearing right now and loving the hell out of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 pm
WOO HOO!!! I HAVE MORE GOOD NEWS!!!!
MY MOM IS GETTING HER TAXES BACK IN 2 WEEKS AND SHE IS HINTING THAT WE MIGHT GET CABLE!!!! (I am currently using dial-up and watching public T.V.)  

mathwl1020

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:19 pm
w00t contacts ftw! just make sure you dont have anything like an eyelash in your eye before you put them in sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 pm
That sounds like it would hurt. gonk  

angel_half82
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:40 am
mathwl1020
WOO HOO!!! I HAVE MORE GOOD NEWS!!!!
MY MOM IS GETTING HER TAXES BACK IN 2 WEEKS AND SHE IS HINTING THAT WE MIGHT GET CABLE!!!! (I am currently using dial-up and watching public T.V.)

eek

sweet jesus, dial-up!

the best news i've heard lately for me is i have an appointment w/my notoriously hard to find doctor tomorrow so i can get this damn prescription re-up'ed! woo! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:11 am
angel_half82
That sounds like it would hurt. gonk

Yeah >.< also, if it hurts a lot all day, its probably not just the fact that that eye is usually dry. You've probably torn the contact. DONT leave it in all day. It will hurt for aaaaaaaaaages afterwards

emo im not very good at contacts  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:15 am
Its just a pain to get your eyes used to contacts. My eyes are red this morning....  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff