I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Sakura Con 2009 and so much more (eledged) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many conventions have you been to? (counting years of the same con)
  None. I'll won't be caught dead at one, either.
  None! My mom and dad are jerks!
  One. I hated it, and never went to another.
  One! I hope to attend another soon!
  Two.
  Three.
  Four.
  Five.
  More then five! (Hot-diggidy!)
  I was around when they invented the convention... (I can't rememebr the number)
View Results

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 am
I'm not sure how often I've made a thread about this, and honestly, since we're all so spread out, this is probably futile. But I'd just like to take a moment to get the word out about the approaching anime convention that services the mid-northwestern area of the US: Sakura Con.

I don't know if you've heard, but one of the biggest, and most exciting attractions for about the last four years at Sakura Con has been your one and only TRM. Actually y'know, I know you people haven't heard, because you never come out to see me. What's it been? Two, maybe three years running, I've been making threads about this, right? And still my slimy appendages have only gotten a hold of one of you, which is a disgrace.

Now I knooooow... as I mentioned earlier in the thread, most of you don't even live a suitable distance away that you could plausibly come to the convention, I realize you all want to be here, and see me, and get the whole Jimmy experience live, and unadulterated, but just can't because of the distance. And to that, let me just say, this thread isn't for you. But you're welcome to read it anyway. Because this is a free country. mad (sorry to those who don't live in free countries, I promise my country is working AS I TYPE on trying to make your country a free one)

So here, I am, handing you A WHOLE MONTH, and even a few days more then that to consider coming up to Seattle Washington, between April the tenth, and April the Twelfth, any time, at the downtown convention center. (if you're in Seattle, and you see signs that say "Qwest Field" you're fukin' lost in the abyss, my friend... try to steer yourself north. Also, if you get to a place where there's lots of hippies and trendy low-key eateries, you're at U-Dub, so go south and across the water. See? It was like you were never lost with me helping you.)

The reason why I post this info here, is because I would like to act as the liaison, and the focal beacon for ATGers who are going to attend. I'd like to meet people, and I'd like for people to meet one another. If you're coming out for the con, PM me with some info! I've planned to vend my cell phone number so that we can all stay in touch. I think we should try and set up a night where we invade a restaurant for dinner one evening. If you're out in the Washington area, and are not attending the convention, you're still invited to romp with us, if'n you can make it to downtown Seattle during one of the days of the con, there's a ton of stuff that I'd be totally willing to go do all over the city. I may end up staying up in Seattle for one extra day after the convention, and will probably arrive the day before, so there's that time to do things too.

For those of you who can't make it out, for whatever reason, lets keep this thread nice and on topic. Talk about convention memories, convention dreams and hopes, or post your favorite pictures that you took at conventions.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 pm
This is going to be the first convention I'm going to, I'm so hyped. We've got a room at the hotel right across from the convention, and my character is easy and still cool, and nobody will be able to tell I'm dressing up whee

! and hey, my best girlfriend goes to the u-dub, lol and evergreen is worse as far as the amount of wanna be "hippies"  

agust dreams

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 pm
yourathenagirl
! and hey, my best girlfriend goes to the u-dub, lol and evergreen is worse as far as the amount of wanna be "hippies"
That could be. I don't actually live in the Seattle area, though I like to think I know it pretty well for a person who lives in Oregon. I was just saying "hippies" because of the amount of extreme liberals one tends to find on college campuses.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:18 pm
Hmm, no "none, but that's because I'm eternally broke" option...
Not having a car hurts too. And living on the East coast...
Anyway, what are you going as, Jimmy? Or are you not a cosplayer?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:49 pm
Us east coasters should find out when the NY cons are (they must be huge! ) and try to get people to go there. Oh yeah there's the Boston one coming up soon too!

Oh money and distance aside, why must these awesome event's always conflict with school and work? gonk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:37 pm
I only live like 4hrs from seattle! i have a car......would need money, but im sure i can go!  

WhisperingSouls

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:18 pm
I'm from the East Coast so no Jimmy Cons for me.

I'll be going to Anime Boston this year. There was that year I went to the X-Files con...and somehow lost control of all speech abilities when meeting Nick Lea. Ever seen that scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie meets "Santa" and goes all brain dead? Yeah, it was a whole hell of a lot like that. Now, so long as I don't run into Vic Mignogna anytime at an anime con it'll be all good.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:35 pm
Thaliat Everwood
Now, so long as I don't run into Vic Mignogna anytime at an anime con it'll be all good.
One of my best friends has his email, and is friends with him.

On topic: I've been to three cons so far. Twice to Anime North, and once to Fan Expo (both in Toronto). I think I had the most fun at Fan Expo. Part of that may have been my hugs sign though whee I love con-hugs blaugh

User Image  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 pm
YunieCookie
Thaliat Everwood
Now, so long as I don't run into Vic Mignogna anytime at an anime con it'll be all good.
One of my best friends has his email, and is friends with him.

I really don't see what the big deal with that guy is.

He's always at AWA, though. Throngs of fangirls follow him everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm
I fukin' hate Vickie Miggs... he completely ruined one of the exhibits my friend and I went to. It was a panel with the guy who did a bunch of music for the classic SNES RPGs, and my friend was super-excited about it. When we got there, Vic was there helping set up, and he SAT ON STAGE with the guy AND ANSWERED EVERY QUESTION IN TURN, wasting about two thirds of the panel time which was important, seeing as the composer we went to see needed to have every question translated, as well as the answers he gave...

He's got a big, fat, stupid head from all the false fandom he's received, and should get the ******** over himself and stop wasting the rest of the world's time. Every con I go to, I cross my fingers and hope that I won't see him during the opening ceremony...  

WiskersThCatfish

WhisperingSouls

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:29 pm
ive never been, but i think i may go this year!

XD do they cost admissionzzzz?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:17 am
@ Whispering: Yeah, they do have admission costs. Usually around $30 around here.

@Wiskers: Can't say I'd care about the ego, if it is as you say, I just love his voice. I'm not much of a FMA fangirl, but I did adore him as Kurtz Weber and Dark. Sorry to hear you don't like him...maybe they can send him my way so he won't muck up your cons any more...win-win! mrgreen

That reminds me, I want to see who's coming to our con this May. There must be new updates by now!

I wish I could be a voice actor...mutter, mutter.

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 am
Erverain
Hmm, no "none, but that's because I'm eternally broke" option...

Quoted for truth. *huge sigh*

Man, I'd love to run up there and see you (and presumably Slim). And the convention. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:05 pm
WhisperingSouls
ive never been, but i think i may go this year!

XD do they cost admissionzzzz?
Depending on how close the convention is, the price jumps up. So if you preordered months and months ago, it might have only cost you twenty or thirty dollars. I think between now and the month of, it's going to be about forty bucks for a pass, but when it gets to be April, it'll jump up to the door-price, which is like fifty.

That's how they encourage people to preorder as soon as possible; that way they have money to play with, and can estimate how many people are coming and all that.  

WiskersThCatfish

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces