Submit

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:33 pm
So, as some of you guys and gals already know, I'm going to Egpyt for two weeks.
I'm leaving on March 6 (H'oh snap, one week today!) and coming back on the 20.

And, since I know so many of you want to come with me, I'm packing you all in my camera! biggrin I'm going to load up all three of my 8GB memory cards with pictures and videos of everything I do while I'm away from my lovely ATG heart

Stuff I'm Going To See and Do:

Day One: Looooong bus ride to Detroit, getting on a plane, flying to Frankfurt, getting on another plane, flying to Cairo.

Day Two: Arriving very very early in Cairo, going to the hotel, A light and sound show at the Giza Pyramids

Day Three: Seeing the Pyramids, the Sphinx, and Valley Temple, riding a camel, going inside one of the smaller Pyramids, going to visit the Egyptian Museum (including the Room of the Mummies)

Day Four: Visiting Step Pyramid Complex at Sakkara, the Alabaster Sphinx and a huge statue of Ramses II in Memphis, and a carpet school

Day Five: Seeing Islamic Cairo, visiting the Citadel, Alabaster Mosque and Palace, the Khan El Khalili Bazzar, and some of the oldest churches in Christianity. Taking an overnight sleeper train to Aswan

Day Six: Arriving in Aswan, touring the High Dam (which diverts the Nile to prevent flooding), seeing the Philae Temple, sailing on a felluca or launch to visit the Kitchener Botanical Gardens, sailing past the Agha Khan Mausoleum, getting on cruise ship, wandering the city

Day Seven: Getting up eeeearlyy to drive to Abu Simbul to the the temples of Ramses II, driving back to Aswan, sailing to Kom Ombo to visit the temple built for the falcon and crocodile gods, sailing to Edfu

Day Eight: Sailing on the Nile, with a stop a Edfu temples

Day Nine: Visiting the Necropolis of Thebes, the Colossi of Memnon, the temple of Hatshepsut, the Valley of the Kings, an evening light show at Karnack temple, wandering the city

Day Ten: Visiting Luxor and Karnack temples, going to Hurghada and possibly going up in a hot air balloon (which I WILL NOT DO, because I'm terrified of heights gonk )

Day Eleven: Gifton Island boat trip, swimming or snorkeling, Alf Fa Liela Wa Liela Arabian Fokelore Show

Day Twelve: Relaxing at the hotel (with a pool!), visiting a Bedouin camp

Day Thirteen: Relaxing at the hotel or in the city. Leaving around noon for Cairo

Day Fourteen: Relaxing in Cairo, and then leaving to come back home

And somewhere in between all that, finding time to take video telling you about it biggrin

Do I really need to give you a list of things to talk about? I think all that up there more or less sums it up.

heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:35 pm
Photos!

Facebook Albums

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:37 pm
sounds you are gonna be one busy busy girl... god I would love to take that kind of a trip, I love seeing the history and culture of other countries.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:43 pm
I've wanted to go to Egypt pretty much as far back as I can remember, so this is super-awesome for me whee

And, yeah, very very busy.  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:52 pm
Wow, that is one crazy-busy trip. o_O Have fun, Yunie!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:07 pm
    Excuse me why I seep in jealousy for a bit.

...Okay! Have fun!! You're so lucky! Don't get sunburned!
    And OMG hot air balloon...ya gotta do it! I'd LOVE to do that.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:34 pm
Wow, I hope you have a lot of fun in Egypt. That sounds like an awesome trip. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm
I pretty much agree with everything Waku said in her post =P

Have fun! I'll be looking forward the the truckloads of pictures ^.^

invisible-weirdo

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:06 pm
Ewwww Detroit... I hate that city, but it has an awesome airport... Take a small video of the fountain with dancing water if you can, I love that thing >_>

Sounds like fun though, I'd love to go to Egypt and see the sights. Egyptian history and mythology has always been interesting to me. Did you know that in Egyptian Mythology they were cast out of Atlantis because they weren't " Divine " enough. They were exiled because they never reached godlike status in the eyes of the other Atlantians. Like I said >_> Interesting stuffs in their history and Mythology.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm
Omigawsh! I'm so very jealous! I don't suppose you could fit a Terra in your suitcase, could you?

Have fun. Be safe. Take oodles of photos and videos to show us. You'll have an awesome time. 3nodding  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Izumi Iris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:51 pm
^_^ I want so many pictures my head spins!!

(loves egypt)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 pm
AlcoholicPancake
Take a small video of the fountain with dancing water if you can, I love that thing >_>
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

I second this, it sounds interesting.

seriously though, Fave fun! Sounds like you will!

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:59 pm
@Tae: Indeed. And thanks ^^ I'm sure I will~

@waku: ^__^ I will, and I know, and I'll try not to. I might do it, I'm not positive yet. It depends on the weather too. If I do, I'll take a bunch of pictures from up there for you~

@Thal: ^^ Thank you

@weirdo: Truckloads of pictures you will certainly get!

@Pancake: If I see it, I will take one for you. I'm the same way, I don't know quite as much as you seem to, but I still know a pretty good amount. I think I remember hearing that somewhere, accually..

@Terra: I can fit a Terra in my camera, is that close enough? :3 And that's a big 'will do' to all of those ^^

@Iris: Head-spinning amounts of pictures will be taken, don't worry, lol.

@Muffin: I second the will do I gave to Pancake on that one. And thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 pm
User Image

*Is totally Jelious!*

So, where do you live and where are your plane tickets? xd

I hope you have a ton of fun and well everything else that was said already.

Can you take lots of pics of the cities too? When ever I think of Egypt I think of really old buildings that look like they're made of sand. I'm sure it's not like that anymore but I can't help thinking it. sweatdrop
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:05 am

I am an old ATG member =]

Sigh your finger slipping is getting bad GRM

Jealous not Jelious

I wants to go take me with you? you could like fly over Norway and throw a rope at me.
as for hot air balloon I recommend you get in and close you eyes until you hair FAZHHZHHHH.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas