Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How do you add people's avi to your profile?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LaughingAsian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:22 pm
I see people have other people's avatar on their profile with a link to their profile. How do they do that?

And also, they put emoticons on them as well, How does that work too?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am
In your profile, select "edit my profile." You can use many options such as adding a friend's avatar, icons or text boxes.  

Avzel

Ceaddar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 am
Is there a way to remove them as well question I accidentally added a friend's avi twice to my profile. stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:47 am
You go to their profile and add them  

GrimSkeith

Sylinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:06 pm
ahmet476
Is there a way to remove them as well question I accidentally added a friend's avi twice to my profile. stressed

Yeah, click back on edit my profile, and you will see an X in the bottom right of the avi, click it and *poof* it goes away.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:28 pm
LaughingAsian
I see people have other people's avatar on their profile with a link to their profile. How do they do that?

And also, they put emoticons on them as well, How does that work too?

How to for Avi's has already been answered so I am not going to answer that again, as far as the emotes, you need to go to photobucket or some other photo hosting site, get an account, and look around. When you find something you like, save it to your account. Keep this browser window open, and open another for Gaia.

Then go to your Gaia profile, click on "edit my profile", when the menu bar pops up, click on "Picture", then URL (a box asking for code will pop up), click back on the photobucket (or other hosting site of your choice), click your picture and when you see the direct link copy it, then go back to gaia and paste the link into the box and click "add" You can keep clicking add and make 1 or a million. Then close the box and move the hearts, or whatever really around where you want it, you can click on the arrow and stretch or shrink it.

Here is the link to the Profile discussion forum here on Gaia. There are some really good threads that will prob answer about anything you want to know. Good luck!  

Sylinda

xXsecret_artistXx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:04 am
katiejuby
So does that mean you do not need to have a photobucket? if yes: what other photo places are good other than photobucket? and i am completely clueless on this whole profile page thing and i need help! PLEASE!

i don't have an "edit my profile" in the corner!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:09 pm
katiejuby, it looks like you have the classic old Gaia profile (with the cottage).
When you go to your profile, make sure the window is scrolled up. There should be some options in the upper right corner that only you can see when you are logged in. That is where the "edit my profile" should be.

If it is definitely not there, report it in the Bugs forum.  

Avzel

xXsecret_artistXx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:59 am
thanx  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out