I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
SONIC DA HEDGEHOG! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Playlist User Taislfox rolled 20 100-sided dice: 8, 13, 92, 42, 9, 64, 34, 45, 96, 69, 36, 77, 24, 13, 57, 24, 87, 39, 98, 65 Total: 992 (20-2000)

Playlist User Taislfox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:47 am
TALK ALL ABOUT Sonic The Hedgehog And his friends!

What is your favorite Sonic character?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:28 am

I am an old ATG member =]

As phunkeh as sonic can be this isn't really a good thread...
if you were to add multiple game characters with a paragraph note on why they are cool followed with a discussion of said coolness, then it would be good.
Near epic.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:10 am
Tails ftw.
Knuckles scares the s**t out of me.
And that's about all I've got. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 am
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

biggrin You have no idea what your getting yourslf into, talking Sonic with me. You have just found one of the biggest Sonic fans out there. Anyway, favorite character?

Shadow. I plan on getting a tattoo of Shadow.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:32 am
******** Silver, ******** Shadow, ******** Knuckles, ******** Amy, ******** all of them but Sonic himself.

Sonic is the best character in that series because he runs fast and kicks a**. Tail is decent, but Sonic could waffle stomp his mutated a** then run to the nearest corner to find a hooker, and STILL have time to save the world after!

By the way, what's up with this Eggman s**t now? Please don't tell me that they renamed Robotnik, because that was WAY cooler than " Eggman " ...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 am
User Image

I dunno, Knuckles was around when the sonic games were still good. Sonic 3 is pretty damned good to me. biggrin

And Amy was in Sonic CD. Admittedly, she was a bit different, but she was still there.

Also, Eggman =/= Robotnik. Eggman is Robotnik's grandson or some s**t like that.

Robotnik was cooler. Robotnik was evil.

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 am

Actually Bass, I do believe you might be wrong about that, unless you are talking about Gerald Robotnik, Shadow's creator. Dr Robotnik and Eggman, I believe, are one in the same. The origin of this nickname is in Sonic Adventure, when Robotnik pulls up in his hovercraft thingamajig. Sonic calls him a giant talking egg or something like that (I't been while since I playued the gtame)

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 am
User Image

-__- ******** ******** hate Eggman. Really. He's s**t. He was better when they still called him Robotnik.

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:30 am

They did make him into a goofy character. I'm not sure if he is the creator of Metal Sonic, but I think he is. Anyone that gets imprisoned by their own damn machine is really stupid. And he boasts an I.Q. of 300... talk2hand

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 am
I like Shadow and knuckles!!  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

Oddplume

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 am
I miss the old days of Sonic games. Sonic wasn't lame back then and Robotnik (Find me someone with an IQ above 100 who thinks they'd be intimidating being called Dr. Eggman instead.) seemed far more dastardly back then.

Actually Knuckles was more clever back then too. He was always a step ahead of Sonic. Now he's frequently behind and turned into a muscle joke. I don't detest Shadow, but he isn't exactly the best dark reflection to Sonic.

I just feel like they aren't marketing Sonic as well... SONIC. He's turned into another Mario mix-up character. I don't dislike the Plumber but the genre crossovers and mix-ups don't quite fly without him.

Most recently I think they've been dumbing down Sonic's abilities. He's been slowing down as games went to 3D and his overall handling has usually been clunky. Shadow shouldn't need guns or motorcycles when he has DBZesque Spear attacks and can glide at the speed of sound. Sonic shouldn't need a sword when he's always been able to break space metal with his curled-up, pointy body. If Robotnik is supposed to have an I.Q. of 300 how is it that he hasn't figured out how to use physics and his opponent's speed to his advantage?

I know, this seems like a lot of mindless trash talk but I really did revere Sonic games growing up. Things certainly could have become better, it just feels like they've become worse.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 pm
@Roland - Robotnik made Metal Sonic in Sonic 2: Sonic and Tails. He's the second to last boss you face in Death Egg Zone.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but they've ruined the sonic series big time. It used to be fun to play Sonic, but now the second you pick up the controller all you can think of is the s**t they have out now, and it makes you not even want to play the game. To be honest, I'm just waiting for Hollywood to decide to make a Sonic movie to ruin the series more...

On the bright side, Mega Man still kicks a**, and I'll forgive Capcom for the injustice that is Battle Network or whatever the hell that stupid s**t is, and X4 - X whatever they're at now... Megaman 9 was delicious though, and I hope they've seen the error of their ways and go back to making games like that...

You know what'd rock? Another 8 - 32 bit Castlevania, there's a series that kicks more a** than a neo nazi at a bar mitzfah... I'll forgive them for Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness if they release another Symphony of the Night, AoS, DoS, or OoE...  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm
AlcoholicPancake
On the bright side, Mega Man still kicks a**, and I'll forgive Capcom for the injustice that is Battle Network or whatever the hell that stupid s**t is, and X4 - X whatever they're at now... Megaman 9 was delicious though, and I hope they've seen the error of their ways and go back to making games like that...
User Image

Mega Man will always kick a**.

Battle Network wasn't as bad as it could have been. X5 is pretty good, X6 is wank though. X7 onwards are nothing. They don't exist. X6 flows into Mega Man Zero. Though it should have been X5.

MM9, however, is exactly how it should have been. Just as ******** difficult as the old ones. whee

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:11 pm
AlcoholicPancake
@Roland - Robotnik made Metal Sonic in Sonic 2: Sonic and Tails. He's the second to last boss you face in Death Egg Zone.

While that is true, THAT metal sonic is a prototype. I'm not even sure if that is what he is supposed to be reffered to. The metal sonic I'm talking about was debuted in Sonic CD. One of his appearances is in Sonic Heroes, where he is the unlockable FINAL boss. He has imprisoned Eggman (who is rescued by Team Chaotix) and has assumed his identity and tries to take over the world

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:58 pm
User Image
You know what Sonic games need.

MORE ******** ******** everyone else (Except Tails cause he was there form the start) And ******** the "Oh hey I'm 3-D now" ******** d**k licking a** punching bullshit. GOD I HATE SONIC 3-D!!

Make it LONG make it FAST make it SIDE SCROLLING and for ******** sakes MAKE IT 2-D!!!!

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas